EPIQ Systems, Inc. Employee Reviews

Couldn't wait to quit
Manager (Former Employee) –  United States18 June 2019
Tried to discuss the issues I had with multiple people, even HR. Nothing was resolved. I got tired of being thrown under the bus and working in a department that was treated as if it was not a priority. Did not like the negativity and aggressive culture. My boss did not have my back in the business (barely saw them) and I felt like my voice meant nothing.

I, and other employees were reprimanded or talked down to in front of others frequently. People often spoke poorly of others behind their backs. There was favoritism given to those who socialized after hours in the same manner as the boss. Some were allowed to work remotely, although others in the same role who weren't as close to the bosd were not.

Too many meetings killed productivity time. They were used to complain and vent, rarely to plan.

Too many acquisitions left employees feeling like they were on a constant hamster wheel of recreating their roles and efforts.

I had the pleasure of meeting a few very nice people there, but they were treated the same way by the same people. Some have also left.

Worked very hard. Was treated like I was nothing regardless.

A thankless job.
Good Temporary Contract Job
Data Processing Contractor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC14 June 2019
Great for short term temporary work, flexible schedule, but inconsistent demand of new jobs. Mostly a warehouse for anyone with any legal background to do data processing on data breaches to determine the extent of private data compromised. Kind of depressing and morbid subject matter usually (think malpractice or asbestos lawsuits and settlements), but otherwise mindless data work.
They like Lawyers and their huge money clients
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR13 June 2019
As someone with perspective from the call center unit within this company I would say unequivocally stay away. Your health and well being are not even a small part of consideration when it comes to the work environment, equipment or culture here. They need calls answered to fulfill contracts with their clients and tolerate anything to make sure there are people answering the phones. Most issues with the contracted workforce will slip between the intentional, deliberate cracks of the staffing agency and Epiq. If you are in the legal sector or e documents departments your experience will be better. That's where the big money is made so they are treated better.
Good work and nice people.
Document Reviewer (Independent Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 June 2019
I like everything about Epiq except that they tend to do very short projects or the projects finish earlier than announced at the beginning. (Unless you get super lucky and get a long project.)
Pros
Bagel breakfasts on Fridays are wonderful.
Cons
Short projects or projects that end early.
Not good
Rst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA6 June 2019
You will not advance unless you kiss you know what.you not making money. People that's been their longer then you sit on they butt and get you to do everything
Cons
Payrate
Decent pay/ Flexible job / NO JOB SECURITY
Document Review Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ4 May 2019
******Epiq please buy toilet seat covers!!!!!

This isn’t a bad gig if you’re in between jobs. It is project based and if they have no projects - you’re out of a job at the snap of a finger. So no job stability whatsoever.

I got paid $16 an hour for document review!

However when you do have work it’s super tedious - you literally sit at a desk all day and look at useless documents to log for private personal information... luckily they are super flexible! You sign in and sign out your daily hours - as long as you do them between 7am-7pm.

Team leads and ARMs seem very pretentious....which makes sense since most of them have like no experience in the legal field and that’s their first job out of school. They remind me of high school days and they’re all the douchey seniors. They have a very bad habit of openly speaking negatively about employees. But if you’re lucky enough to get Stephen or Jamie or micheal ...they’re super sweet and helpful!!!! The rest are too faced. They put on a show for Rebecca (the manager).

Sometimes they have sponsored food trucks which is really nice ! And free bagels too.

Overall decent job...if all you need is money.
No job stability. No professional or personal growth opportunities. EPIQ doc review should only be the very last resort/ pit stop before you head out to a new job.
Pros
Free food/ flexible hours
Cons
no job stability, no toilet seat covers, bad upper management
Too much favoritism
Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA2 May 2019
Been at this job for nearly 3 years. They always told me I do an outstanding job, that I’m a great worker blah blah blah. Asked them for a raise and they declined. I find out a girl who’s only been working there for less than 2 months gets a dollar raise. Also, they hire whoever is in their church quickly versus people outside from it. The operations manager only responds when he wants to. This job is only good for people coming out of high school. All in all, not worth it.
Slow Paced and Relaxed
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ22 April 2019
Very slow paced, training was only for 1 day and you were on your own after that, rewarded for job performance, private desk area. Short breaks and lunches.
Pros
Work Schedule
Cons
Short Lunches
Nice people, long hours
Legal Document Review Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NY20 April 2019
The Assistant Project Managers were friendly and helpful for the most part. Coworkers were also very courteous and amiable. However hours for one particular project often exceeded 14 hours a day.
Pros
Events in which free food was given out weekly
Cons
Good for a temporary job
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  New York, NY18 April 2019
It is a convenient way to earn money as a temporary employee when you are between jobs, but it can be hard to take if you have to or want to work there long term.

Many of the people there are homophobic.
Pros
As a temp you are not locked in to it
Cons
Pay low, dirty facilities, unpleasant co-workers
Summary
Forecast and Analyst (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR10 April 2019
Epiq allowed me the opportunity to work hard and focus on team tasks. I enjoyed my co workers and we made a great team. I learned a great deal about the Class Action Lawsuit process and was an integral part.
It's a Mixed Bag
Senior Product Owner / Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, OR5 April 2019
There are great things about Epiq and not so great things. The environment is extremely flexible. Benefits and compensation are subpar but supposedly they are working on it. The management is very reactive - not strategic enough. The technology stack is aging and no real plans to update it in any meaningful way. The office is fairly drab, people don't seem to be very happy in general. Every department is different, your results may vary.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Poor Compensation and Benefits
Productive Global Service
Team Lead, Finance & Contracts (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KS2 April 2019
Working for Epiq is one of the best experience I have achieved so far in my professional career. Company has warm and nice associates across the globe who are eagerly waiting to provide quality services both to their internal and external clients.
A reasonably good place to conduct document Review
Document Review Attorney (Former Employee) –  New York, NY21 March 2019
My experience at Epiq was that of a productive and collegial attorney work environment, with supportive, professional project managers who were clear in their instructions.
Pros
Free coffee; great location
Great Team Environment
AR and Collections Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA18 March 2019
This is a great company and I love the culture. Unfortunately, the Accounting department will not be integrated as part of a recent acquistion. In the time that I've been here though, I've enjoyed what I do and who I work with.
Horrible place to work
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL16 March 2019
Management is unprofessional. Overtime is not permitted. Lots of favoritism, lots of gossip. Too strict and controlled. If work gets slow you are sent home no pay. No guarantee if you will wok the the next week or the next day.
Pros
A job
Cons
Short breaks, lunch room does not handle the amount of people.
Challenging at times
Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ14 March 2019
This is for the legal solutions group. Most days are easy going and your work which includes basic office tasks will fill your days. Other days are more demanding and require more effort and attention.
Over work under paid Hospitality
Hospitality Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NY26 February 2019
Supervisor had her favorite workers as friends. Backstabbing No communication work very hard management at the site has you' doing things that hospitality norm don't do. @ E&S. Alot of heavy rules with clocking Supervisor has her click & favor talk about workers .
Pros
Thursday happy hour & Friday free breakfasts
Cons
N/a
No job security. Excellent coworkers.
Temporary Contract Paralegal/Mass Torts (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR22 February 2019
No job security. Excellent coworkers. Different shifts available. Inadequate training often given regarding various computer programs.

Contract is given as 12 months, but never lasts that long.
Pros
Different shifts available.
Cons
No job security.
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL13 February 2019
Been here 19 years and seen a lot if change overall is a good place to work but pay is not up to par.Company has grown but it is hard to davance in company for my skills.
Pros
Guaranteed 40 hours a week
Cons
Lot of layoffs