EPTEC Employee Reviews

i love to play billard, basketball, valletball and table tennis
Painter/ Blaster/hydro Blaster and Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Ultimo NSW 20076 July 2017
The very hardest part i have been done, when i was in dubai, weather doing the hydroblasting inside the confined space forepeak tank. The most enjoyable part of the job sand blasting and painting.
Pros
free food and accomodation
Cons
12 hrs a day
The fellow crew members were good to get along with.
Painter/Blaster (Former Employee) –  Osborne SA19 June 2017
Working on the submarine was very different from anything else I have done. I obtained my confined space certificate. I had to stay alert running the blast equipment as it is very dangerous. I had up to eight peoples lives in my hands running four blast lines.
Pros
vouchers for reaching deadlines
Cons
long way from home
Good Work Ethic
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 October 2016
Solid company in a difficult industry. Italian/Transfield heritage means there is strong mix of family values with hard work ethic driven by Transfield origins.
Ship Painting is difficult industry to work in with many questionable "players" however Eptec has maintained strong reputation for quality and delivery.
Always treated fairly - work hard and Eptec will look after you.
Pros
Reputation in Industry
Terrible management created toxic culture.
Office (Former Employee) –  Sydney20 September 2015
I only gave one star because I had to. Management was very unprofessional with the way they spoke and handled employees. There was a toxic environment with high turnover and low levels of employee moral.
Pros
Very few. Competitive salary.
Cons
Lots.
Hard Worker, People Person
Sandblaster & Spray Painter (Former Employee) –  Williamstown Melbourne17 June 2014
Have blasted and painted in dock yards for over 10 years. In total am now on my 74th marine vessel at BAE Systems Defence, Melbourne. Recent FIFO work in Roma. Demobilised in March 2014.
Have good management skills of crews and scopes of work. Production level is what I strive for. A supervisory role is my goal, at the same time to work on the tools is an advantage for any prospective employer.