EPTEC
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

EPTEC Employee Reviews

Australia9 reviews
I enjoyed working at eptec, the people were good and so was the management more job security would have been good. A better skill review system is needed as well.
Good people in the crew I worked with. I found it very exciting and interesting working at Port Adelaide Ship Yard. I gained a lot of skills from the work and workers.
Good employer, not enough work, team environment was good.

Management were good to work under, many opportunities, staff looked after. Good 12 hour days for staff
Working on navy frigets was fun good to learn something new management were good I learnt slot of new things working there and made some good friends work there again
Pros
Secure job
Cons
The very hardest part i have been done, when i was in dubai, weather doing the hydroblasting inside the confined space forepeak tank. The most enjoyable part of the job sand blasting and painting.
Pros
free food and accomodation
Cons
12 hrs a day
Working on the submarine was very different from anything else I have done. I obtained my confined space certificate. I had to stay alert running the blast equipment as it is very dangerous. I had up to eight peoples lives in my hands running four blast lines.
Pros
vouchers for reaching deadlines
Cons
long way from home
Solid company in a difficult industry. Italian/Transfield heritage means there is strong mix of family values with hard work ethic driven by Transfield origins.
Ship Painting is difficult industry to work in with many questionable "players" however Eptec has maintained strong reputation for quality and delivery.

Always treated fairly - work hard and Eptec will look after you.
Pros
Reputation in Industry
I only gave one star because I had to. Management was very unprofessional with the way they spoke and handled employees. There was a toxic environment with high turnover and low levels of employee moral.
Pros
Very few. Competitive salary.
Cons
Lots.
Have blasted and painted in dock yards for over 10 years. In total am now on my 74th marine vessel at BAE Systems Defence, Melbourne. Recent FIFO work in Roma. Demobilised in March 2014.
Have good management skills of crews and scopes of work. Production level is what I strive for. A supervisory role is my goal, at the same time to work on the tools is an advantage for any prospective employer.