Epworth Healthcare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Epworth Healthcare Employee Reviews

Australia32 reviews
it is a great job for a mum looking to get back in to the workforce working only part time. After a long time there, there is no room for growth or career advancement and the culture is shocking. No rewards or recognition program, there is so much pressure to work so hard and no one even says thank you
Onboarding process all had to be initiated and followed up myself; eg ID Uniform Computer access Etc
No acknowledgement of applying for a permanent position from casual.

No acknowledgement of Resignation.

No follow up from HR re return of ID and exit process.

Unable to attend mandatory competencies on my own time .
Official response from Epworth Healthcare
21 June 2020
Thank you for letting us know about your experience and that you didn’t receive acknowledgement of key milestones during your time with us.
We’d like to speak with you further about your experiences, please contact us on talent@epworth.org.au

Epworth HealthCare
The best to work for plenty of incentive to better yourself. The best work mates, very tight nit lot, thourghly recommend to work at Epworth Richmond you won't regret it.
Pros
Salary sacraficicing
Official response from Epworth Healthcare
9 June 2020
Thanks for the great review. It sounds like you’ve really gained from working with Epworth and you’ve plenty of good memories to look back on with the mates you made and the new skills you learnt! All the best in your future working opportunities.

Epworth HealthCare
Best Management Team in Physiotherapy department I have ever worked with. Great team culture and supported learning environment. Would definitely return to this workplace if opportunity presented itself.
Blame-shifting culture, staff promoted beyond their abilities. People who clearly should not be in management roles due to lack of social skills and basic human decency. Unpleasant and difficult place to work - if you value your mental health do not work there.
Pros
salary packaging
Cons
inept and unsupportive management
Making the bed cleaning and collect rabush Epwolth hospital is the best and it used technology tools a good seft for employee . About a time I start morning 7:00Am i finish at 3:00pm
The nicest part of the job is intereacting with patients, making them laugh after surgery. Hardest part of the job is dealing with higher-up management.
The management is after their performance and won't respect the employees at all! Work load is extremely high and the work place culture is pathetic too. Their payment per hour is ok when compare with the government hospitals.But the expectations also too high!Profit bearing organisation!!!
Excellent Workplace, great morale, education and support system. These are just a few reasons I stayed with Epworth since the beginning of my career .
I was working only for three weeks as a work placement student. Everyone was so nicer and kinder than l expected. Even a very short time but I don't forget that time.
From the management down to the nursing, admin, cleaners and kitchen, the team is great. There are opportunities for advancement. The roster is flexible. Good work life balance.
If you'd like to loose all your sanity, this is the perfect place for it. Working at Epworth Freemasons Theatre Complex is no different to living in North Korea. They like to call themselves a family but if you are not a robot and slightly attempt to be a caring human being, the slightest hiccups are used against you by both staff and management. You don't get properly orientated and forced on leave or sent home weekly usually without pay even though contracted. Follow up education is non existent, lack of accountability and hiprocasy is rampant and just a general sense of anxiety lives throughout the operating theatres from the "well known" surgeons with superiority complexes and down. Its actually quite worrying that these type of people are tasked with caring for the sick.
Poor communication from supervisors and manager.
Absolutely no training which makes for very serious if not fatal mistakes.

Extream workload.

No appreciation.

Incompetent supervisors and staff (clearly not the staffs fault)

Lack of understanding and empathy towards staff and crisis situations.
Pros
Nice and encouraging staff in other areas of the hospital
Cons
Long hours, extreamly heavy work load, lack team work, treated as just a number
New Management - unprofessional, unapproachable, no desire to listen, all talk no action.

Management with no people or leadership skills that cause the workplace to become a toxic environment.

There are not many pros for this job. Staff are sick and tired of their jobs because the management are not supportive. They work you like a robot or a slave.

The rostering is poorly created and managed, employees; full time permanent, part time and casual are requested to work in excess of a 6-day weekly roster. There is no backup option if a staff member calls in sick.

My Advice to management:

Hire future managers with proper people & leadership skills. If staff have an issue or a problem, be open by allowing proper reporting and stop dismissing issues immediately. Allow staff to report issues directly to Human Resources if being bullied.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Poor management, Staff morale is low, workplace bullying, understaff, miscommunication between staff and managers and exploitation
they work you to the bone, do not replace staff if sick or unable to come in. Managers/Supervisor's trained to intimidate and bully staff if you need to make a complaint/trouble shoot. Understaffed in all departments, so the place is dirty
Pros
great team of people who are dedicated to helping other people
Cons
it is all a big con - this company is only interested in $$$$$$$$$$$
Was a very difficult job. I really liked the work but I was bullied in several ways including scheduling and restrictions on hours which were given to others. I was not the only staff member bullied. It is part of their culture.
Pros
Looking after patients
Cons
Politics
Supervisors and staff are highly supportive and treat each other with utmost respect.
Work load is good.

Appreciation of hard work.

Chances of promotion.
Epworth hospital is the biggest private hospital in Melbourne. Fortunately, I did placement in Epworth hospital in Richmond this year that was really good. The nurses who work there that was friendly and nice. I often followed my buddy nurses to travel to patient's house and did risk assessment, taking bloods and vital signs, change dressings and check medication as well as evaluate clients' current situations that I learned for this placement. The time management and nursing planning is excellent to meet various requirements for clients. I really enjoyed this kind of Job, hopefully I could get it and try my best to be the best person for that role in the future.
Pros
providing car for hospital in the home and other things are all good
Unpleasant environment.
Superstar surgeons and nurses poorly welcoming new members.

Absolutely lack of concern of asseptic international regulations of sterile theatre PPE (surgeons wearing old dirty shoes in the theatre, big circulation of people at disgusting floor cleaning condition with same shoe protective equipment) very dirty theatres.

Shocking lack of space for equipment storage in the corridors.

Lack of care to patient modesty, directly exposed to open windows where builders were .

Surprised with low level of care.

Highly underwhelming.
Pros
Coffees
The theatre complex is in the hands of incapable, inexperienced narcissists that pass blame on others to deflect their shortcomings and lack of safety awareness.
Pros
Coffee machine
Cons
Fatigue, lack of concern for safety.
always keep smile on face and need to love our job
my tittle of work role PSA

really enjoyed it's good opportunity to work with people

we need to give respect and speak polity

i really like to work patient transport