Epworth Healthcare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Epworth Healthcare Culture reviews

it is a great job for a mum looking to get back in to the workforce working only part time. After a long time there, there is no room for growth or career advancement and the culture is shocking. No rewards or recognition program, there is so much pressure to work so hard and no one even says thank you
Richmond theatres is run by a toxic and backwards theatre management team who bully their staff to get the desired outcome. Such a shame because there are some fantastic staff working there - not long before the management team break them down. You are not equal to them and they have no respect for you. Completely KPI and finance driven and do not care if they burn their employees in the process. It’s run like a cattle station - patients in and out for surgery as fast as possible even if it compromises their safety. Will not get agency as it costs too much but will run staff into the ground. The culture is toxic and staff are fearful to stand up and speak. Agency hate going there. Staff hate working there - only perk is salary packaging working with some good employees and surgeons. As long as the management team get their bonuses at the end of the day they do not care about yo. FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE TO WORK IF YOU WANT YOUR DIGNITY PRESERVED
Pros
Great staff who do care for their patients, salary packaging
Cons
Everything else.
Official response from Epworth Healthcare
13 January 2021
Thanks for your review. We agree that there are absolutely fantastic people who work at Epworth. We value all of our people & so we’re sorry if you felt KPI’s were prioritised over you as an individual. If you’d like to chat to us further, give us suggestions or leave us some more feedback about your experience working with us, please get in touch with us via talent@epworth.org.auEpworth HealthCare
Best Management Team in Physiotherapy department I have ever worked with. Great team culture and supported learning environment. Would definitely return to this workplace if opportunity presented itself.
Blame-shifting culture, staff promoted beyond their abilities. People who clearly should not be in management roles due to lack of social skills and basic human decency. Unpleasant and difficult place to work - if you value your mental health do not work there.
Pros
salary packaging
Cons
inept and unsupportive management
The nicest part of the job is intereacting with patients, making them laugh after surgery. Hardest part of the job is dealing with higher-up management.
The management is after their performance and won't respect the employees at all! Work load is extremely high and the work place culture is pathetic too. Their payment per hour is ok when compare with the government hospitals.But the expectations also too high!Profit bearing organisation!!!
From the management down to the nursing, admin, cleaners and kitchen, the team is great. There are opportunities for advancement. The roster is flexible. Good work life balance.
Was a very difficult job. I really liked the work but I was bullied in several ways including scheduling and restrictions on hours which were given to others. I was not the only staff member bullied. It is part of their culture.
Pros
Looking after patients
Cons
Politics
The management really cares for the colleagues, everyone strives to provide patient-centred care. A culture of friendliness and helpfullness is highly valued.
Pros
Flexibility in hours
Great work culture promoting a deep sense of purpose in healthcare workers, and being a part of this team is truly gratifying.
Learnt how to manage time in terms of high pressure while co-operating with co-workers.During rush hours sometime as a team we were unable to give our sufficient time to patients. Talking with patients and listening to their improvements and giving best service to them was the most enjoyable part of the job.