Epworth Healthcare
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Epworth Healthcare Management reviews

It was a challenging environment. The people were nice from all departments, however, the lack of training and structure was unsettling. I met many good friends within our administrative team, I was very lucky. The hospital needs to work on bullying and accountability within their own private hospital. They need to stand by their employees and give them the proper training if they want to work as an elite private hospital.
Pros
Co-Workers
Official response from Epworth Healthcare
14 March 2021
We're glad that you made so many great friends while working with us, having friends at work can be so beneficial & make a huge difference to your day to day. We're sorry that you feel our training on bullying & accountability aren't up to scratch. We agree that training is important which is why all Epworth team members are required to complete annual mandatory training. If you have any suggestions on improving our training, or anything else you'd like to discuss with us, please get in touch via talent@epworth.org.auThanks for your review,Epworth HealthCare
Richmond theatres is run by a toxic and backwards theatre management team who bully their staff to get the desired outcome. Such a shame because there are some fantastic staff working there - not long before the management team break them down. You are not equal to them and they have no respect for you. Completely KPI and finance driven and do not care if they burn their employees in the process. It’s run like a cattle station - patients in and out for surgery as fast as possible even if it compromises their safety. Will not get agency as it costs too much but will run staff into the ground. The culture is toxic and staff are fearful to stand up and speak. Agency hate going there. Staff hate working there - only perk is salary packaging working with some good employees and surgeons. As long as the management team get their bonuses at the end of the day they do not care about yo. FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE TO WORK IF YOU WANT YOUR DIGNITY PRESERVED
Pros
Great staff who do care for their patients, salary packaging
Cons
Everything else.
Official response from Epworth Healthcare
13 January 2021
Thanks for your review. We agree that there are absolutely fantastic people who work at Epworth. We value all of our people & so we’re sorry if you felt KPI’s were prioritised over you as an individual. If you’d like to chat to us further, give us suggestions or leave us some more feedback about your experience working with us, please get in touch with us via talent@epworth.org.auEpworth HealthCare
Best Management Team in Physiotherapy department I have ever worked with. Great team culture and supported learning environment. Would definitely return to this workplace if opportunity presented itself.
Blame-shifting culture, staff promoted beyond their abilities. People who clearly should not be in management roles due to lack of social skills and basic human decency. Unpleasant and difficult place to work - if you value your mental health do not work there.
Pros
salary packaging
Cons
inept and unsupportive management
The nicest part of the job is intereacting with patients, making them laugh after surgery. Hardest part of the job is dealing with higher-up management.
The management is after their performance and won't respect the employees at all! Work load is extremely high and the work place culture is pathetic too. Their payment per hour is ok when compare with the government hospitals.But the expectations also too high!Profit bearing organisation!!!
From the management down to the nursing, admin, cleaners and kitchen, the team is great. There are opportunities for advancement. The roster is flexible. Good work life balance.
If you'd like to loose all your sanity, this is the perfect place for it. Working at Epworth Freemasons Theatre Complex is no different to living in North Korea. They like to call themselves a family but if you are not a robot and slightly attempt to be a caring human being, the slightest hiccups are used against you by both staff and management. You don't get properly orientated and forced on leave or sent home weekly usually without pay even though contracted. Follow up education is non existent, lack of accountability and hiprocasy is rampant and just a general sense of anxiety lives throughout the operating theatres from the "well known" surgeons with superiority complexes and down. Its actually quite worrying that these type of people are tasked with caring for the sick.
Poor communication from supervisors and manager. Absolutely no training which makes for very serious if not fatal mistakes. Extream workload. No appreciation. Incompetent supervisors and staff (clearly not the staffs fault) Lack of understanding and empathy towards staff and crisis situations.
Pros
Nice and encouraging staff in other areas of the hospital
Cons
Long hours, extreamly heavy work load, lack team work, treated as just a number
New Management - unprofessional, unapproachable, no desire to listen, all talk no action. Management with no people or leadership skills that cause the workplace to become a toxic environment. There are not many pros for this job. Staff are sick and tired of their jobs because the management are not supportive. They work you like a robot or a slave. The rostering is poorly created and managed, employees; full time permanent, part time and casual are requested to work in excess of a 6-day weekly roster. There is no backup option if a staff member calls in sick. My Advice to management: Hire future managers with proper people & leadership skills. If staff have an issue or a problem, be open by allowing proper reporting and stop dismissing issues immediately. Allow staff to report issues directly to Human Resources if being bullied.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Poor management, Staff morale is low, workplace bullying, understaff, miscommunication between staff and managers and exploitation
they work you to the bone, do not replace staff if sick or unable to come in. Managers/Supervisor's trained to intimidate and bully staff if you need to make a complaint/trouble shoot. Understaffed in all departments, so the place is dirty
Pros
great team of people who are dedicated to helping other people
Cons
it is all a big con - this company is only interested in $$$$$$$$$$$
Was a very difficult job. I really liked the work but I was bullied in several ways including scheduling and restrictions on hours which were given to others. I was not the only staff member bullied. It is part of their culture.
Pros
Looking after patients
Cons
Politics
Epworth hospital is the biggest private hospital in Melbourne. Fortunately, I did placement in Epworth hospital in Richmond this year that was really good. The nurses who work there that was friendly and nice. I often followed my buddy nurses to travel to patient's house and did risk assessment, taking bloods and vital signs, change dressings and check medication as well as evaluate clients' current situations that I learned for this placement. The time management and nursing planning is excellent to meet various requirements for clients. I really enjoyed this kind of Job, hopefully I could get it and try my best to be the best person for that role in the future.
Pros
providing car for hospital in the home and other things are all good
Unpleasant environment. Superstar surgeons and nurses poorly welcoming new members. Absolutely lack of concern of asseptic international regulations of sterile theatre PPE (surgeons wearing old dirty shoes in the theatre, big circulation of people at disgusting floor cleaning condition with same shoe protective equipment) very dirty theatres. Shocking lack of space for equipment storage in the corridors. Lack of care to patient modesty, directly exposed to open windows where builders were . Surprised with low level of care. Highly underwhelming.
Pros
Coffees
The theatre complex is in the hands of incapable, inexperienced narcissists that pass blame on others to deflect their shortcomings and lack of safety awareness.
Pros
Coffee machine
Cons
Fatigue, lack of concern for safety.
There was very little support from nursing management. I appreciate that the patient had to be number 1 but the nurses were never looked after and rewarded sufficiently.
Pros
Grteat nursing teams
Cons
lousy nurse management
The management really cares for the colleagues, everyone strives to provide patient-centred care. A culture of friendliness and helpfullness is highly valued.
Pros
Flexibility in hours
An interesting and varied role incorporating clinical administration and events management for a not-for-profit private heath care organisation in Melbourne, Australia. A typical day includes supporting senior medical specialists and coordinating large educational medical events, audit and executive meetings for various speciality groups, which is both interesting and rewarding. Epworth work well to provide staff benefits which include salary packaging, discounted Myki travel pass, awards programmes etc. in addition to in-house staff events, dinners, charity events and encourage a good work life balance.