Ergon Energy
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

48: Ergon Energy Employee Reviews

Australia48 reviews

4.0Work–Life Balance

Plenty of opportunities in a wide range of job roles.

In the department where I worked, it was always busy. We were always responding to events as they happened, so no time to be relaxed while working. When we weren't working, there was plenty of opportunity to learn new skills. The crew I worked with were a top bunch, who got along well with each other. The Managers were great, always on the ball, checking on your welfare and making sure any issues identified were handled promptly.

Pros

Good training, interesting work, good renumeration.

I found Ergon to have a culture of nepotism and jobs for the boys. Lots of favours for drinking or fishing buddies

Ergon could be a good place to work if current management had a rocket fired through them. There needs to be a clean out and a shake up in the upper echelon of the company.

Excellent staff and culture.

Excellent place to work. Great staff, great position with varied duties and opportunities to create procedures and be part of group activities. Well organised workplace.

Worst DNSP in Australia

Ergon Energy is an appalling example of a modern distributor. They are arrogant, lazy, hideously expensive in terms of cost to serve and inefficient. The business is run by Engineers and their understanding of the business they are in is minimal. They feel they should be treated specially because they are a regional distributor, and have gold plated parts of their network. They capitalise think that are not Asset balance sheet item, in lay terms they cook the books.

Great place to work.

I worked with Ergon warehouse as a contractor picking & packing requisitions for projects. The job was steady, and the people were great. Unfortunately my contract wasn't renewed as the organisation had a restructure and tightened budget. Otherwise it would have been a place I would have stayed for a life time career.

Great job

Enjoyed working with Ergon - Great company Work in a team environment Constant training is provided Busy call centre - very few down times in inbound calls

Actual roles are good. However Management don't support quality workers.

Actual roles are good. However Management don't support quality workers.In some groups Management and HR ignore real issues that create bad culture and work environment in a hope the issue goes away. This could be bullying and harassment and other poor behaviour that leads to this culture and majorly impacts others.

Interesting workplace and career advancement opportunities

Working for Ergon Energy for close to 24 years gave me many opportunities to advance within the business and a lot of great people to work with and never a boring moment. Working through natural disasters was a challenging as well as a rewarding opportunity to see supply reconnected to our customers.

Great working environment - Great Team Meetings

My direct Manager was the most understanding person, fair and praised staff and acknowledged your work and presentations during my employment withe Ergon

Pros

Project Management - Field Deployment

Secure and ongoing works

Working in Ergon Energy is the secure employment. Different functions and disciplines are interacting with each other. A lots of processes to be applied from the start till end of the projects.

Wonderful place to work no matter where you go

I worked in multiple depots in the state and every one was welcoming and wonderful. Very very hard to secure a permanent position. Currently still here and enjoying it.

Pros

Favourable income

Cons

No permanancy

Professional Corporate Environment

Ergon Energy provided me with professional experience and training. It helped to build my personal and professional development and gave me a set of skills transferable to many jobs.

Good pay

The remuneration is excellent for what you do. Limited stress with minimal work. The pay is amazing with guaranteed pay rises every year. People are relaxed.

Good Co-workers

Work-life balance was not ideal Management needed to communicate better Too much bureaucracy Advancement and remuneration opportunities were good, but constant restructuring led to problems

Challenging

Ever changing environment, limited control of achieving goals, mentally demanding and exhausting at times. Good people that try their best and have tight bonds within teams that make it easier.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Changes all the time not necessarily for the better

Fun workplace, great friendly staff

Each day at Ergon in the call centre was usually the same. Once you had logged in the phone calls would start, so this meant we were either connecting or disconnecting someone's power. The hardest part of the job was selling clean energy to consumers. The best part of the job was when you did sell this, the management would acknowledge it.

Reviewed training material

Reviewed training material, re-wrote some course material, produced Power Point Presentations, wrote Policy & Procedures. Very interesting, worked with all levels of employees.

Pros

really good money

Cons

some people didn't pull their weight

Productive company with room to advance, great environment

Great working environment, helpful co-workers, supportive management, opportunities to advance and lovely new head office. Gained a lot of knowledge in the various roles that I enjoyed.

Pros

flexibility, supportive, great pay and room to advance

Needs new and proper management that follow the business rules.

Needs new and proper management that follow the business rules. I would like to see a management that follows the business rules and supports the employees who work to them.

Pros

Not too many

Cons

Poor management

Progressive organisation undergoing much change and redefining itself.

Progressive organisation redefining itself to meet changing stakeholder expectations. Relatively focused on employee wellbeing though more effort required to utilise employee skills and increase levels of engagement and wellbeing.

The variety of work that I do, each day brings a new challenge.

Typical day starts with morning phone call with Manager to set up the activities for the week. Handling multiple queries and requests from coworkers and Stream Leads and Project Manager. The variety of the requests being anything from finding out answers to questions, and actions requests. They are a great group of individuals working together to form the project team across the state.

Pros

flexible work life, pay, great people to work with

Cons

Long hours at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ergon Energy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Ergon Energy