Ergon Energy
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Ergon Energy Employee Review

The variety of work that I do, each day brings a new challenge.

26 October 2016
Typical day starts with morning phone call with Manager to set up the activities for the week. Handling multiple queries and requests from coworkers and Stream Leads and Project Manager. The variety of the requests being anything from finding out answers to questions, and actions requests. They are a great group of individuals working together to form the project team across the state.
Pros
flexible work life, pay, great people to work with
Cons
Long hours at times
20 September 2020
CONTROL ROOM SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) - Townsville QLD
In the department where I worked, it was always busy. We were always responding to events as they happened, so no time to be relaxed while working. When we weren't working, there was plenty of opportunity to learn new skills. The crew I worked with were a top bunch, who got along well with each other. The Managers were great, always on the ball, checking on your welfare and making sure any issues identified were handled promptly.
Pros
Good training, interesting work, good renumeration.
17 August 2017
Lines Maintenance Standards Engineer (Former Employee) - Townsville QLD
Work-life balance was not ideal Management needed to communicate better Too much bureaucracy Advancement and remuneration opportunities were good, but constant restructuring led to problems
19 March 2017
CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) - Townsville QLD
Each day at Ergon in the call centre was usually the same. Once you had logged in the phone calls would start, so this meant we were either connecting or disconnecting someone's power. The hardest part of the job was selling clean energy to consumers. The best part of the job was when you did sell this, the management would acknowledge it.
  1. The variety of work that I do, each day brings a new challenge.