Ergon Energy

48: Ergon Energy Employee Reviews

Australia48 reviews

4.0Work–Life Balance

Plenty of opportunities in a wide range of job roles.

In the department where I worked, it was always busy. We were always responding to events as they happened, so no time to be relaxed while working. When we weren't working, there was plenty of opportunity to learn new skills. The crew I worked with were a top bunch, who got along well with each other. The Managers were great, always on the ball, checking on your welfare and making sure any issues identified were handled promptly.

Pros

Good training, interesting work, good renumeration.

Extremely strong on safety and a well paid position.

Enjoyed working here for 14 years. Excellent working conditions, co-workers, salary and work / lifestyle balance. Attention to safety is exemplary.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Restructure

Strong firm

Fuel and power contract portfolio PMO, compliance reporting, credit risk, forward price curve forecasting value at-risk modelling and piloting risk modelling IT implementation projects.

Pros

Very progressive

Good working conditons

A good company to work for with a large variety of jobs. Great opportunities to work with many and varied skilled people.

Awesome company to work for, great people

Great company to work for and there are some really nice people who are working there too. Good work place. I recommend working there.

Safe place too work

Very safe place to work. A typical day at work is going to a tower anywhere in cq and conducting works from live to dead work.

Very focused on time management and adherence and quick learning

Management seemed to not care as to the welfare of their staff. I was disappointed in a lot of the decisions in relation to staff management. You cannot take your holidays when you want it unless it fits within business needs and have know it to happen that they require your attendance for one day half way through your holidays

Pros

some really great people work there

Cons

time management and long days

good job easy work good equipment

good work ,good crews and good equipment . The work was interesting and meeting new people everyday in our daily work was great . very good training programs and experiences gained threw the different task and emergency situations faced daily . The hardest part of the job is the cyclone season and the working task and conditions faced but it is a great experience and good to be apart of a team helping others. the best part of the job was the different areas worked in and the experience gained working on other distribution systems

Pros

good pay and allowances

Cons

lack of over time and large project work

A great place to work

Really enjoyed working with Ergon for 6 and half years, work in well other staff memebers who where more than help to assist and provide me further knowledge of the electrical industry.

Pros

A great place to work

Cons

Redunancy

Excellent. Great work, people and training.

Great to work for. Good work and training. Would definitely go back. Chance for improvement and new skills. Always plenty of work.

Management of depot warehouses for emergency response.

Ergon Energy used to be a great company to work for but in recent times it has not. The role was great in that you were autonomous and you could plan your work day to suit your customers needs but that was gradually eroded as management decided to micro manage the role.

Pros

Autonomy for a period of time

Cons

Micro management from management, lack of trust as well.

fast paced employer with great opportunities

Fun work place with easy access to management if required, company is supportive of learning and training as a person to support their needs as a growing company. The staff with in the teams are super supportive and help with training. The day to day work is varied but can get quite monotonous if a change is not available regularly. The position was only contract and located in the wrong town for me to continue in this position.

Pros

great team to work with and learn from

Cons

in the wrong town

enjoyed working with ergon

I enjoyed working at ergon energy met fun people and enjoyed the customer Service and the investigation side of things. I enjoyed the inetereation with all internal and external stakeholders and like following things through from start to finish

Ergon Energy provides for a safe, enjoyable and excellent work/life balance. I would thoroughly recommend Ergon Energy to any prospective job seeker or university graduate.

Pros

Work/Life balance, job security.

Ergon

I worked as an Instructional Designer with the 60+ members of the Rockhampton and Townsville Control Centres. I enjoyed the contact with these professionals, and was pleased I was able to help them learn how to use their complex control systems efficiently.

Dynamic Business

Fast and everchanging business allowing you to grow and expand on your experiences maximixing your potential.

Pros

Great team

Cons

Nil

I worked with good people in a relaxed atmosphere. Management was helpful when needed.

I was very happy there. The work was interesting with plenty of support when the pressure was on.

Good company

Variety of duties such as -Training apprentices -Working with transformers -Truck driving at times -Stores -Ready Assessment each morning -First Aid officer .... etc

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Specialised workshop - first to go

Productive and Safe Workplace

Is a great place to work when the work is there. It is hard to make money when there is no overtime or penalties

Pros

work life balance

Cons

need overtime or penalties to make money the base salary isn't that great

Government

Supplying all electrical infrastructure for central Queensland Australia main power grid servicing 1000 sq miles and over 200 employees.

Pros

worked autonimasly, great benifets

Cons

lonely job

Fantastic kitchen and recreation facilities

a great place to work, handling customer calls from emergency calls in storm situations to every day connection queries. The people were great to work with and were always doing theme days to relieve the stress of the job. staff facilities were top class with massage chairs, x boxes etc for down time.

Pros

great staff

Cons

full on during sotrm season

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ergon Energy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Ergon Energy