Ericsson Employee Reviews

Found 30 reviews matching the search See all 5,524 reviews
Good Company
Management roles (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC17 October 2018
typical day managing a team of exceptional people
I learnt that the people made the company
Management were fair
worplace culture was excellent
hardest part of the job was leaving it
most enjoyable part was seeing staff develop over many years in the job
Pros
good company
Cons
Salaries
good company
Transmission/ tecnic engineer (Former Employee) –  Turkey Creek WA17 June 2018
A global company that often values its employees but They don't know how to keep him personnel. Recently important for them project have to be finished very fastly that is lowering quality
Pros
The Company very professional in the GSM tecnologia
Cons
They don't know how to keep him personnel.
LTE System Expert (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC13 June 2018
Ericsson is great place to work and will give you the opportunity to gain exposure to different environment and suppliers and customer needs. I gained knowledge in people management, and network rollout and support from 3G Hutch network to LTE and NBN support.
This was an internship only
Student Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW7 May 2018
My time at Ericsson I spent as an intern or student Engineer and drive tested new antennae installations for the company. It was a good job as a university student and I enjoyed the experience
Global opportunties
Manager (Current Employee) –  Australia2 April 2018
Good workplace, treats employees with respect and provides good flexibility. Sometimes can get stuck in large company dynamics such as cumbersome processes. Opportunities can be limited depending on which part of the company one is working in..
great evironment
Integrator Services Engineer Experienced (JS5) (Former Employee) –  Macquarie Park NSW28 March 2018
Great place
good management and support from colleagues
Excellent Cultural diversity
challenging and great support from our teammates.
great customer facing experience
Typical Service Based Company
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC16 January 2018
Best part across the organisation is there is no concept of micromanagement. Telecommute is encouraged as long as target is achieved. Also flexible to work from home (if project / client agrees).

Seldom sugar coated speeches, most of the time it is direct transparent picture from management (Good or bad news)

Good in-house facilities like breakfast, fruit box and mobile plans.

Sometimes, it gets hard to work with another part / team of organisation due to cumbersome processes.
Pros
Chilled out workplace. Higher management is easy to approach / transparent
Cons
Salary hike / bonus > minimal to Nil Minimum in-house training
Australian operations downsizing
Global Emergency Performance Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 October 2017
Ericsson was a great place to work when I started over 23 years ago. The opportunities I had working in other countries and the people I met was great. Ramping up of competition in the vendor market space, global economic pressures and increasing pressure on operational profitability has taken a lot of the personal touch that made this company special away. Toward the end of my employment, I often did 12 to 16 hour days trying to align to meetings around numerous time zones and continents. The additional hours were considered as professional time, and it became increasingly hard to find any work/life balance.
Busy and interesting
Logistics Officer (Current Employee) –  Docklands VIC23 May 2017
My attitude to work is 'what fun filled day do we have in store today' as there is always something happening to keep me on my toes.

I try to practice patience, perseverance and to be respectful of others.
Pros
Amazing location
Cons
Can be a little stressful
Searchin for faolty componenet.
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Western Suburbs VIC4 May 2017
Excitement participating in the process of Electronics production processes and design. Technics in assembling the Electronics components to the printed boards, and so on.
great job
Factory hand (Former Employee) –  Broadmeadows VIC27 February 2017
I learned alot of different tasks at this job and made alot of good friends i cant remember why I finished at ericssons it was along time ago but I remember I liked the job.
Excellent Workplace
Ran Engineer (Former Employee) –  other9 January 2017
Interesting day at work. Hardest part of my work is when I have to go home.This is a world class company.It is a honour for me to work for this company.
The co-workers are team players.
Ericsson get their moneys worth
Estates Manager North (Current Employee) –  Home/field based4 January 2017
Very varied day at work, no two days are the same. I am personally responsible for 9000 mobile sites on behalf of our customer

I have been thirty years in telecoms, which is still evolving at an exponential rate, so I am constantly learning.

I am currently in a department where I do not rate my management at all, due to a recent reorg, my department has been relocated to a department that has no experience managing my type of roll.

There are only another two nationally at my role, they are very good at their job, we do have office based support staff who carry out tasks for us when we are out of the office.

The hardest part of the job is setting expectations to customer who want things done instantly, where in the real world that is just not the case.

Meeting new and interesting people.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Long hours, reward not as it should be
Customer Project Coordinator/Manager (Former Employee) –  Docklands VIC25 December 2016
Awesome place to work. Coworkers were good to work with. Great work life balance opportunities. What was a flaw is career progression
Abundance of Opportunity
Principal Customer Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC12 December 2016
Ericsson is a very good workplace and an innovative and exciting company to work for. It provides you with an abundance of opportunity to expand and build a good career in the technology environment. It provides the opportunity to experience a range of roles and global experience as well.
Pros
The freedom to excel and to expand in a global environment
Cons
Often extensive travel
Lots of travelling opportunities, Flexible work places.
Integration and Customer service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC21 May 2016
Not necessary 9-5 job, works are well documented , lots of project opportunities, management are good, for some area ,the requirement of extensive travel can be a drag to some . Company is large with design, testing , delivery, consultation and support roles.
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  West End Brisbane3 August 2015
Great Place to work
Everyone was great to work with
We all had fun
Good job culture
Management were great
Work Life balance
Good Salary
Perfect Place to Work
Project Staff - Project Management Office (PMO) (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia29 April 2015
It was a delight to work for Ericsson Australia. I joined Ericsson as my first company that I worked for and learnt so much from my co-workers and management team. Every day was so much fun and at the same time with so many learning.
Excellent place to work at.
Senior Solutions Engineer (Former Employee) –  Worldwide8 April 2015
Excellent and advanced technology.
Great teammates.
High professionalism.
Great pay.
Global exposure across borders.
Pros
Global Presence, High Tech, Great Pay.
Cons
None that I'm aware of.
Company that provides great development, support and guidance to grow a successful career
Line Manager of Project Managers (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC16 March 2015
Every day brings new challenges and opportunities in Ericsson. It is vital to embrace and support this for a long and successful career.

The company has a great group of employees that will walk the extra mile for its peers.

Ericsson is highly outcome based, so accountabilities are clear. However this is supported through strong reward and recognition, team building, etc. to strike a balance.

Processes are a large part of Ericsson and the way of working. This is to ensure that Ericsson delivers products/services to the highest possible level. This can be a challenge for some people who like to "break the rules".
Pros
Competence development and career progression/opportunities
Cons
Dynamic workplace, hence suitable only to those who embrace change

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ericsson. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K