Essense of Australia Employee Reviews

Horrible Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KS9 July 2019
Overpaid VP's, Directors, Associate Directors & Managers. No job security and no room to grow unless the owners like you. It doesn't matter how talented you are at your job or how hard you work- the owners have favorites and growth is based on how well they like you.
Excellent Company
Middle Management (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KS13 April 2018
Essense is a privately owned "family" business with an amazing culture focused on relationships and excellence. The company is in high-growth mode, which presents some challenges in terms of scaling the business. The work is interesting and the environment is very dynamic. The company has hired a lot of new people in the past couple years, so the biggest challenge is making sure everyone has the right amount of training and organizational knowledge to be successful. The local leadership / management team is highly engaged and energetic, and people genuinely enjoy working with them. The owners are also very involved in the day to day leadership of the business and they have a great amount of respect from employees as they have built the business from the ground up. Overall, I'm very pleased with my decision to work here and I would recommend it to anyone who can thrive in a fast-paced, highly detail oriented environment.
Pros
Great team, local leadership highly engaged, lots of opportunities to learn and do new things as business grows
Cons
Growing business so lots of things that need to be scaled, further developed
Good pay, poor culture
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KS24 March 2018
Owners are a married couple. Uncomfortable environment when they would argue. Male liked to be too "handsy" with the female staff even in front of wife.
foreign ownership
Sales Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KS6 November 2017
Very well paid, but the ownership is foreign and they don't understand the US culture in the work place. Very difficult place to work. Very limited training, clicky work groups, owners constantly suspicious.
Pros
Fridgy Friday
Cons
lack of real leadership/ownership
Accounting Department
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KS7 September 2017
They make many promises that they don't keep. They are also very disorganized and any decisions take a long time to solidify. It is very cliquish and they tend to hire young (with little work experience) employees. They did allow us to have a flex schedule. If we only took a 30 minute lunch break we got to leave early on Friday. However our work had to be completed to leave early and many times I ended up working more hours than 40 hours. They also supplied us with fresh fruit as snacks during the day.
Pros
Flex schedule, benefits, snacks
Cons
Culture, management, indecisiveness
Active company, pleasant environment
Account Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KS26 July 2016
It is a great company, but it seems like they only hire certain age category. Busy working on my project cannot comment more
Pros
Happy hours
Cons
they hire certain age group
No incintives and schedule was suppose to be set but would vary every day.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KS13 August 2014
A typical day at work I would clock in. Start pulling orders. Check orders from other employees. Box orders. Make Shipping labels for order. I learned how to successfully work in a fast pace environment. Management was okay. It seemed as if they only cared about them selves and not their employees. Co-workers were all good. We jelled and worked very well together. The hardest part of my job was getting blamed when other people would make wrong shipping labels under my name. The most enjoyable part of the job was making quality friendships.
Pros
Good job, worked with my school schedule, liked my co-wrkers, and felt aqccomplished at the end of the day.
Cons
Under paid, Under appreciated, blammed for others mistakes, and never had a set schedule.
Work was fast, but a very fun place to be
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KS31 October 2012
Shipment days were the hardest days of work but other than that it was a great place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Essense of Australia. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6