ESTA
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ESTA Employee Reviews

Australia2 reviews
ESTA provides the conduit between the community and the emergency services. ESTA takes calls from people in need and directs the required responses to meet their needs. This is a hard fast paced environment where time means lives. The pressure is offset by the knowledge that you make a difference.
Pros
Well paid
Cons
Hig pressure environment
Management have allowed me to work set shifts which works well around my boys I have set days to put them in care and 8 hr shifts work well instead of the 12 hr rotational.
I dont socialise too much as work as the staff turn over is rather high due to the nature of the job, there are only a handful of staff still there from when I started nearly 12 years ago. I am due for a change so far there isnt a chance for me to progress within the company due to having to work around my children.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the job itself. I love managing a channel and looking after the police members. I have wanted to join the police force but this has been the closest I have come, I went to ESTA as a stepping stone and never left.