Estia Health

Estia Health Employee Reviews

Australia90 reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

Management issues

The residents and staff are lovely! The home itself is beautiful.ED has poor communication skills and comes across as abrasive and rude. Short staffing is a significant issue also

Rewarding, though some staff and management can let it down.

Depending on the ED of the facility can be a great workplace or the complete opposite. Some staff aswell love to make others feel awful. Though the people I have met are all really nice. If your a kind person that doesn't like to stir the pot, you will excel.

Works time consuming, not alot of time to give the residents what they really need, CARE AND RESPECT

Could do with a few more staff who actually CARE about the residents, not just do the job for the moneyOldies deserve our respect, they fought wars, lived through depression, in my opinion they deserve to live out their lives as comfortable and happy as possible

Pros

Cons

Not enough staff on floor, no communication

Always busu

Friendly helpful management and staff from all areas of the facility, set rostering system but can change or swap shift if you need time of, can usually pick up extra shifts , compassionate and understanding when it comes to family and personal things , the facility has high standards to ensure the residents are getting the care and attention that they need , all staff in the kitchen are experienced and give100+++% the food is cooked fresh daily with with high quality produce and products with with a large variety of meals on a monthly menue.

Pros

Good enviroment friendly staff

Cons

Sometimes short staff to many things to do

Negative culture and bad management

The culture is super negative, backstabbing jealous staff that make up lies about other staff to have them sacked or removed from their job. They are lazy and do not have the residents or business needs as a priority. It’s all for personal gains. In my experience this is from the ground level in facilities right up to the area manager level.

Pros

Beautiful residents and a handful of staff

Cons

Bad staff and higher management

na

good place to work. management changed a lot which wasn't good. co workers very friendly and great team work. if you go do the job and don't get caught in office politics its a good place to work

Not recommended

Management is fuul of favouritism, not reliable. Too much work load, maybe similar to many other residential service. Intake of not qualified staff, just because manager flavours.

Cons

Overloard work.

no comment .look some where else

Unhappy workplace .Management are not pro active . listen to gossip. favouritism to friends of management . short staffed and under pressure on staff to meet Estia;s requirements . Better Companies out there to work for . Disappointing culture at benalla site .

Pros

great pca;s and R/ns.

Cons

poor management, short staffed . as you would expect from a profit based company .

I feel very happy when I’m working there

I like this company because they listen each and every thing from workers. If there anything happens they give a chance to explain everything after that they take any action after full inquiry.

Wouldn't send loved ones here

I had a horrible experience working here. Would not trust these people to look after my loved ones. Feel sorry for the residents :( Working this job made me so depressed seeing how the elderly residents were treated by staff

Pros

Cons

Untrustworthy nurses

Was my worst experience I have ever had in a work place

Could not recommend as a good work place or a place to put a vulnerable relative. I have never felt so disappointed in a job and having to make the decision to leave because of the toxic work place culture.

Pros

Non

Cons

Toxic work culture

Always enjoyd my days working along side good staff

Worked for the previous company then Estia Health took over and they were the best company I had worked for .Enjoyed my employment with them .Good company to work for

Pros

Working with good staff

Cons

Not enough staff at times .

Poor management

I was employed at Estia for 15 months as a casual whilst studying my Diploma of Nursing. As I was on placement we changed managers. After my placement I was unwell so in this time COVID testing had to be done I informed my manager. It ended up being a chest infection. I picked up a couple of shifts which I had to cancel due to this. I then picked up a shift for a day that I had school and rang that I made a mistake . Two days later I received an email from payroll saying they are sorry to hear I'm leaving . I never resigned, I never was spoken to by the manager or received any corespondince from this company . So I pretty much got tiered without a reason or any contact by the manager. Definetly will never work for this company again .

Pros

Cons

Long hour, unappreciated, horrible managment

Awful environment

Honestly do yourself a favour and look elsewhere. Manager is absolutely horrible has 0 respect for the workers. Never been in such a miserable understaffed workplace in all my life.

Pros

Residents and other staff members

Cons

Management and staff shortages

Save Yourself!!! Do Not Take this Job!!!

Whatever they tell you the job is at the interview, it’s not. You’ll face a Facility Manager & a Customer Service Manager that are so obsessed with their KPIs for occupancy that they are willing to let the place disintegrate around them. They literally think you can suddenly divide into two people and be in three places at once. Constant unnecessary knee jerk reactions to every tiny thing that they think concerns them and they’ll tell you how to do your job just to top off your day = ) You’ve been warned!

Pros

Some great residents and staff

Cons

I learnt my skills at estia ,i like all staff and Management, they are very supportive .

My experience at estia was great , i enjoy my work there, very supportive and kind staff . They way they explain work is effective learning .I am blessed that i have got chance to work at there....Thanks estia

Pros

great experience

Cons

Lovely facility with a real resident focus culture - a family friendly place to work. Always listened to and respected by management. Recommend to others.

Fun workplace

I have found being at Estia I have a sense of belonging. I love coming to work and spending time with the residents is the best part of my day. Everyone is friendly and willing to help each other out. Laughter is often heard throughout the building throughout the day.

Productive workplace

Estia Health is a great place to work, its nice to talk to the residents and get to know them and their stories. Theres nota day there that isn't heart warming.

Rubbish

No one has to work there they don’t treat workers As humans never look after Manager hard to find Always need appointment and cancel without notice Bad performance

Best place to work

I have my best experience working in estia,i learned to love my work,my collegues and the residents here.i learned to enjoy what i am doing and know that many appreciate my work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Estia Health. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Estia Health
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?