Eurofins

Australia12 reviews

3.0Work–Life Balance

Found 12 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,757 reviews

Helpful experience

This internship ended up helping me land my first job out of college. When I was working there, everyone was exceptionally kind, and really helpful with getting me oriented in the position.

Good place for starting career

Senior Boss/Management doesn’t care about employees. No respect. Keep giving warnings if you did any mistake. Only quantity of samples matter no quality of work.

Lab technician

Lamb techs were treated as rats doing all the hard work. Management was very toxic. Work culture was toxic. I always felt I was working on egg shells. Happy that I had left when I did.

Pathetic

No work life balance ( you will be victimised for not working overtime) and most importantly, don't even consider going there if you have a degree in Chemistry because guess what, you will be stuck at the lowest possible level forever.. The management only wants people with any other degree but Chemistry (don't believe me..walk through the lab and ask everyone.. one at a time). You will hear that the company is growing this that..etc..But remember only the company, not you or your salary. Your work will never be recognised!

Pros

Friendly people!

Cons

Bad managers

Friendly people, normal work culture, time-bound.

I am satisified with work environment. If a person has abilities to work in any environment and passion to learn quick and do fast and hard can survive.

Pros

In-between breaks and encouraging people around

Cons

Long time to get promoted or attire to get higher position

Horrible company to work for

Worked here for 18 months of pain. Supervisors were horrible, constantly set KPI limits that could not be reached then questioned why they were not reached. Had meetings everyday and if the moral section was low we would be questioned and made to put it higher. Staff are negligent with chemicals due to lack of training and employees are pressure into falsifying results even if the instrument can not detect that limit. Would rather be on centrelink then work here

They might not have the greatest pay rates when you start but they do value your work and you get what you deserve once you have proven to be a good worker for the company. I loved every day at my workplace and I made really good friends while being there. I only had to leave because my working visa expired but I would love to go back into the company in the Country I moved to!

Avoid this company like the plague

Avoid this company like the plague. They are every every eager to recruit no-nothing managers and this is a great path to failure for everyone (or at least for me and many others who left the company). It is not accidental that they have huge staff turnover with no more than 1-2 years of experience with them; just search on-line yourself to find out.

Pros

A booming industry and a great temporary career for those who are fresh in the job market.

Cons

Dealing with an unreasonable, discriminative and incompetent management team.

very friendly environment between bosses and coworkers

A typical day is a lot of commitment to work since there was too much demand of job of several companies with whom Eurofins has a contract. I learned to be quick and effective in my work having a good management of my time. The workplace culture was very friendly. The most challenging part of the work was when there was a bad function of the instrumental equipment since it delayed the work and could not meet the objective of the test report of each day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly environment between the bosses and coworkers.

Pros

Good and friendly environment

Cons

Hight demand of job

lab technician/warehouseman

In 2014, I have worked with Eurofins in Melbourne (Australia) as laboratory technician in organic department analyzing water and soil samples and warehouse/supply manager.

Straight business culture but great management

Fast paced work environment but tons of skills were learned whilst there. Push you to a level that makes you uncomfortable at times but in the end it makes you think outside the box and acquire new skills you never had. Staff was very nice and made you feel like a member of the team right from the get go.

Pros

work autonomy

Cons

too intense of a work environment

Easy to get along with the boss and co workers, very linenant on lunch breaks

Great Job, weather was disadvantage, would give you A/c if you looked like you was overheating Got Heatstroke after one week on a 55 degrees day and took me over 3 days to recover

Pros

meet new people and earn good $$

Cons

Hot long days over 45 degrees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Eurofins. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Eurofins with

Learn about Eurofins in popular locations

• Eurofins