Evolution Mining Employee Reviews

edna may gold mine
Mine Technician (Former Employee) –  Westonia WA12 July 2018
A very good and relaxed environment to work at .The supervisors were very approachable when you had a problem with your work or private life,when there was training thay were very good .
Pros
the roster, operating diggers
Cons
tackling oversize rocks
Poor management and atmosphere
Exploration Geologist (Current Employee) –  Cracow, QLD, Australia22 March 2017
Evolution as a whole is a good company, the Cracow office, not so much. Opposing shifts would leave work for the other swing. little management from senior staff, poor communication, and actively antagonistic if you got their wrong side.
Overall impression
Mining Manager (Former Employee) –  Pajingo Gold Mine8 June 2016
This company is damaging to everyone's career. Management has no respect or regard for their employees. Corrupt relationships with politicians emphasise the toxic work practices.
Pros
No apparent Pros.
Cons
A toxic company to work for.
working with the men and women on the floor was a good experience.
Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mount Rawdon at Mt perry30 May 2016
The GM was good to work for but a couple of the longer serving managers and superintendents made it very difficult to perform my role. Always putting walls in front of things I was trying to achieve.
Pros
Great workers on the floor
Cons
Some poor leaders among the management group
Challenging and rewarding place to work
Pit Technician (Former Employee) –  MT CARLTON GOLD MINE21 September 2015
A typical day at work consisted of Grade Control Drilling Supervising, Ore Markups every few days after a Blast. Daily data entry for Geology. Collecting samples and Mine Survey training just to name a few. i Earned about +$90,000 a year including bonuses.
I was managed well but toward the end as the Mine Life was taking into account the work died down a lot and it was a struggle to keep busy sometimes. My co-workers were great to work with and we got along quite well.
Pros
Free accomadation, meals
Cons
Long hours and far from home in its location
Batch Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Cracow Qld19 May 2015
Driving dumps trucks under ground is a whole new experience especially when you have never been under ground before.
Great bunch of blokes to work with, not always doing the same routine every day.
Pros
Week break inbetween shifts.
Cons
Driving out to work.
Mid-tier company finding its feet
Strategic Improvements Engineer (Former Employee) –  Charters Towers, QLD11 May 2015
An enjoyable few months, though unfortunately curtailed as they decided to 'go it alone' after establishing a more permanent tech services department
Pros
Small team
Cons
85km to/from site each day
very safety minded people
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Mt Rawdon via Mt Perry Qld17 September 2014
safety first and always. I learned that my cleaning standards are too high. Management are approachable. Co-workers easy to get along with. There is no hard part to this job. And the most enjoyable thing is interaction with the different personalities of my co-workers.
Pros
close to home
Cons
not enough hours
Worked with good, honest people
Senior Mine Surveyor - Open Pits and U/G (Former Employee) –  Charters Towers, QLD9 October 2013
Every day at Evolution Mining was a challenge (but that was o.k. as i thrive on challenges), designing/redesigning the Open Pit, designing and issueing plans for Drill and Blast, issueing plans for dig sequence e.t.c. Safety was a major priority at Evolution and as i completed a variety of courses on this, learnt a great deal more on the subject. I have the highest reguard for Management and my co-workers, forming some lifetime friendships with both. I honestly cant say that there was hard part of my job but can say that the most enjoyable part was the friendliness and support of my co-workers.
close to home
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  QLD23 August 2013
Stores Work , escorting trucks. Operating cranes and forklifts , loading and unloading trucks and putting things in position to help keep the mill runing.
Interesting Days. Great people
Site Medic/Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Westonia, WA26 May 2013
My day is varied, which is one of the things I enjoy.
The people I work with are great and from all walks of life.
At the moment, the hardest part of the job is knowing if my job is going to be secure.
The most enjoyable part is the people and the roster. 8/6 FIFO
Pros
Roster 8/6 FIFO
Cons
I have to pay for my flights
10 day roster
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Mt Rawdon, Queensland11 April 2012
worked with five people, preparing of samples, analysing of samples, stock control, purchase requisitions, data entry analysis , filing reports, learned managing risks, loved time management skills, and analysis
Pros
uniform provided, free transport to work, incentive bonus, training available
Cons
working 10hour 10 days, public holidays and weekends