Evolution Mining
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Evolution Mining Employee Reviews

Australia17 reviews
Mt Carlton Facilities Management/Chef Completed November 2010 2015 Customer Service Operator, HR Advisor & Recruitment Construction Camp 274 Room accommodation village all aspects for Logistics' Manager (Evolution Mining/ Conquest Mining), Twin Hills
Pros
accoumadation
Cons
Management constantly changing. Everytime there is new management they think they have to re invent the wheel for some reason which upsets culture of workforce. Short term upper management let's down long term local workforce
I was there for 5 years. It started off well but then got top heavy. Developed an awful culture. A lot of backstabbing, nastiness and HR covered everything up.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Bullying culture
When I started to work at Evolution it was a good environment, but after about a year the whole environment changed which was disappointing. I feel that I was treated unfairly.
Pros
Bbq
Cons
unfairly treated
Friendly and conscientious people across all roles, responsive management teams with an open and flexible style, a proactive approach to employee health and well-being, to supporting communities and to protecting the environment
Pros
Good rosters and workplace culture
Cons
Usual challenges associated with working away from home
A very good and relaxed environment to work at .The supervisors were very approachable when you had a problem with your work or private life,when there was training thay were very good .
Pros
the roster, operating diggers
Cons
tackling oversize rocks
Evolution as a whole is a good company, the Cracow office, not so much. Opposing shifts would leave work for the other swing. little management from senior staff, poor communication, and actively antagonistic if you got their wrong side.
This company is damaging to everyone's career. Management has no respect or regard for their employees. Corrupt relationships with politicians emphasise the toxic work practices.
Pros
No apparent Pros.
Cons
A toxic company to work for.
The GM was good to work for but a couple of the longer serving managers and superintendents made it very difficult to perform my role. Always putting walls in front of things I was trying to achieve.
Pros
Great workers on the floor
Cons
Some poor leaders among the management group
A typical day at work consisted of Grade Control Drilling Supervising, Ore Markups every few days after a Blast. Daily data entry for Geology. Collecting samples and Mine Survey training just to name a few. i Earned about +$90,000 a year including bonuses.
I was managed well but toward the end as the Mine Life was taking into account the work died down a lot and it was a struggle to keep busy sometimes. My co-workers were great to work with and we got along quite well.
Pros
Free accomadation, meals
Cons
Long hours and far from home in its location
Driving dumps trucks under ground is a whole new experience especially when you have never been under ground before.
Great bunch of blokes to work with, not always doing the same routine every day.
Pros
Week break inbetween shifts.
Cons
Driving out to work.
An enjoyable few months, though unfortunately curtailed as they decided to 'go it alone' after establishing a more permanent tech services department
Pros
Small team
Cons
85km to/from site each day
safety first and always. I learned that my cleaning standards are too high. Management are approachable. Co-workers easy to get along with. There is no hard part to this job. And the most enjoyable thing is interaction with the different personalities of my co-workers.
Pros
close to home
Cons
not enough hours
Every day at Evolution Mining was a challenge (but that was o.k. as i thrive on challenges), designing/redesigning the Open Pit, designing and issueing plans for Drill and Blast, issueing plans for dig sequence e.t.c. Safety was a major priority at Evolution and as i completed a variety of courses on this, learnt a great deal more on the subject. I have the highest reguard for Management and my co-workers, forming some lifetime friendships with both. I honestly cant say that there was hard part of my job but can say that the most enjoyable part was the friendliness and support of my co-workers.
Stores Work , escorting trucks. Operating cranes and forklifts , loading and unloading trucks and putting things in position to help keep the mill runing.
My day is varied, which is one of the things I enjoy.
The people I work with are great and from all walks of life.

At the moment, the hardest part of the job is knowing if my job is going to be secure.

The most enjoyable part is the people and the roster. 8/6 FIFO
Pros
Roster 8/6 FIFO
Cons
I have to pay for my flights
worked with five people, preparing of samples, analysing of samples, stock control, purchase requisitions, data entry analysis , filing reports, learned managing risks, loved time management skills, and analysis
Pros
uniform provided, free transport to work, incentive bonus, training available
Cons
working 10hour 10 days, public holidays and weekends