Evolution Traffic Control

34: Evolution Traffic Control Employee Reviews

Australia34 reviews

2.9Work–Life Balance

On par or above other big companies . Wages paid on time ,most of the employees were friendly and a pleasure to work with. And regular hours. Overall a good place to work.

Needs to be looked at especially some of the staff that work there

Would never recommend staff to work there some of the staff okay few of them need to learn to shut there mouths look at there job appearance before passing there apponion about other staff

Pros

Get nothing

Cons

Get lied to

pretty good

was not to bad i did all my training and all my inductions at evolution they where a great asset in my my up skill as a traffic controller the location was ideal also as we had early start and late finish

Good profession for anyone, however, requires alertness

Working as a traffic controller, requires knowledge of any and all relevant road control rules, as well as full alertness at all times to minimize risk to oneself and others as it is a fairly high risk profession. However, there are many benefits to the profession, including but not limited to, constant work being available due to the constant road work requiring traffic control.

Pros

Parking always available, Constant work

Cons

Occasionally have to travel long distances

It's a job you need patience for.

You don't know when you are coming home each day or night. You finish., When your clients has finished. You need to keep on the ball when Standing watching all the time for , padestrian, cars, trucks. Etc. It's your life to keep watch and protect others.

Bad administration

Favoritism was rife there. Bad administration meant they did not satisfy the clients. Complaints all the time from clients. Petty quarrels with administration. No people skills to talk with TCs. Only paid permanent part time $21 per hour

Not enough work

When I first started there it was great bit of late work has decreased for some reason I want and need to work and the organisation of the place has changed

I enjoyed the job, I had to leave as I was getting no shifts

The job was ongoing from start to finish, Consistent until work ran out learned skills never previously called upon. Management was very good, Looked after quite well by them until contracts dropped off. The culture was easy to adapt to. Distance sometimes, other times the lack of notice. Meeting new people (workmates)

Pros

Lunch allowances

Cons

short notice for shifts

Productive and fun place to work

Productive and fun place to work. Great team leaders and working team. Everyone worked together and supported each other. Supervisor was always there to support.

Family spirit

I enjoyed work in Evolution Traffic in Perth as my boss and co-workers have a good spirit.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Evolution Traffic Control?

Good company

Friendly management and staff. Office had a big break out area with good facilities. Only worked there for a short time through on a project via agency but would work there again.

Would be good if drivers watched the roads instead of their mobile phones.

Good place to work if you can get good long term contracts. Be good to get regular breaks and have the correct amount of workers for each job, including relief staff. It can be done, just quote for it !!

Pros

Not bad money if you get tracel and meal allowances.

Cons

You buy your own uniform pack for $250. They take part payments from your wages weekly.

I was a lesson

Traffic controllers are the most selfish human beings I have ever met In a company of maybe 110 traffic controllers only 2 of them were never a problem I would receive phone calls from midnight till 4am for people who had confirmed their shifts..... cancelling because they forgot they had a doctors appointment. I knew all along that they were working for another company just never knew when. Oh and then they expect to get every shift The company as a whole The support was fantastic The senior managers and staff at the head office where fantastic When ever I needed something they were always there. Thank you

Cons

I had to take mny work home every day.

Good for semi/retired people

Unstable work hours and extremely boring work as most people refer to the job as brain dead, standing for hours in rain, hail or sunshine. Ideal position for inactive workers.

Pros

Pay rates ok when working

Cons

Boring, inactive, irregular hours

Gold Coast branch

My experience is not so good with this company, they give there favorites all the work and the others have to get the dregs. Not good when your trying to support a family and pay the bills. I have learnt not to expect to much from management on sorting out disgruntled employees because of lack of work as they will not deal with the situation fairly, or at all. Everybody passes the buck and nothing is solved. you end up going backward instead of forwards in this company.

Pros

When you work it's good

Cons

When you don't work a full week it's not good and that unfortunately is often.

You are your own boss onsite

on your feet for long hours Traffic management on the road didn't really have much to do with management very good culture of different working with the clients

Pros

n/a

Cons

n/a

New Employee Gold Coast

Just started this March on GOLD COAST. My back aches from 10 hours .wont be too long before I have an accident and get compo. Been out of work and the missus P. off and need the money for my divorce. Compo here we come. Dave H.

Pros

Uniform-Good sheilas

Cons

Just another "stop/Go man

The most enjoyalbe part of the job

There are 3 enjoyable of the job. 1 Getting paid each week. 2 Going home at the end of the day and 3 Getting Holidays each year. This is just being honest

Hard line attitude, comply or loose out.

Have always been hard line, but since it went public it has become mean and dirty. Management unstable and changing, long standing rules and policies now thrown out, employees don't know where they stand.

Big company

same as other TC company, family and pet get lookafter first. when people changing a lot it mean this company is not worth to stay.

Pros

traffic controller/ depot ute driver

it can be good, and it can be bad, just depends upon your hours you get and your pay.

the best part of the job is that you get to meet so many people and learn how things in the construction industry are actually done. It also makes it worthwhile when you get good clients to work with too.

Cons

you dont know how many hours you are going to get from week to week, so its really hard to plan and pay your bills, as the wage fluctuates so much

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Evolution Traffic Control. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Evolution Traffic Control with

• Evolution Traffic Control
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?