Exact Contracting
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Exact Contracting Employee Reviews

Australia23 reviews
Spent a few years with exact at different mines all these places provide a different style of work environment ,however I enjoy the variance and change in job types
Pros
Good work crews, I enjoy the friendly people you meat
Cons
No cons
Worked on a road job in Northern WA
Found out Indigenous fellas were getting paid more, regardless of the fact we were training them all up You want to talk about dividing the work force and creating animosity. Let alone racism
Good company to work for,good people to work with,got well looked after,lots of variety on heavy earthmoving equipment plenty of training for the inexperienced operators and opportunities for future development
I loved doing work experience here I had so much fun on the haulage equipment and everyone was super nice....They all worked together as a group and helped everyone get what needed done.
Pros
All round great company
Cons
There were no cons
good people everyone helps and gives ya tips if needed , 3 weeks on 1 off long time away from family and life, but worth it if ya can stick at it the exact style may not be for everyone.
Pros
free food
Cons
The only problem was the food was not cooked properly or I would have stayed.Team mate were great and so was the management , the job was easy though the hardest part of the job was night shift.
The most enjoyable part of the job was driving the trucks daily as I love to drive trucks and learn new things
Pros
Great work Team
Cons
Genuinely happy at EXACT but position was made redundant in March,2015 due to low commodity prices (iron-ore price).Immediate future in my position there (W.A) meant a return home.
Pros
good management, good workmates
Cons
flies, heat
A comfortable place to work and close to home as far as FIFO work goes. There is a good work culture with helpful colleagues and management
Daily chasing justifications of unauthorized work carried out to maintain a fleet of earth-moving equipment.
Company did not show interest in new ideas.

Employees were always unsure of their jobs meaning morale was low.
Pros
Cannot give any pros for this job, which no longer exists
Cons
Company pulled out of contract at mine
The FIFO had its pro's, one of them being able to spend time with my family for a whole week and doing the school drop off and pick up. Where before I was only seeing them at night after work and not getting into their school at all.
A very supportive and focussed team that liked to get the most out of their employees.
Pros
working with a talented group of individuals
We would start at 5:30 am from which I would load dump trucks using a 1900 production excavator we would have one break for lunch and finish up the day at 6:00 pm we worked a 2/1 roster.
You had to think on your feet as things can change from one moment to the next. I worked with a wide range of people form young ones to older Supervisor Geologist and Survey.

We had a good team all working to get the job done the hardest part of the job would have to be the fact you are away from home.

I enjoyed all parts of my job.
Pros
The frends you make
Cons
The machines
Operate various pieces of plant to complete the required tasks.
My 34 months at Exact have been overall good. I have learnt how to perform under high demand work loads & deal with a wide range of personnel issues.
Good company very good people very good operators, opertunities for advancement, great company for new starters given learning skills
Pros
Opertunity to improve your statis with this company, advancement opertunities
Cons
Working away, but opertunity there if wanted
Exact is a safe place to work with very skilled personal who don't mind sharing there experience with new operators,
Pros
Personal get to learn new skills and the company provides oppertunities for advancement
Cons
Not always being able to work close to home
as any mine sight there are expectations to be met, nothing really hard about the position but very demanding which can be good.
my co workers are great to be with and we all will help each other when we can.
Building tailings dams and haul roads most of my time there, went onto supervisor my last two years at KDC and Telfer mine site. Enjoyed my time there.
Pros
organised.
Cons
they pay on time, the work culture is one of every man for themselves and advancement is more about who you know rather then what you know, training is considered time comsuming and machines are rarely available to trainin, that being said, the men i work with on the floor are genuine and decent people
Pros
good camp
Cons
long swings
I enjoyed working for this company and worked my way up, I also enjoyed the challenger's working with the client, Unfortunately there where cutbacks and my job was made redundant.
Pros
Free housing
Cons
14 hr days
I work as a team member to achieve beyond production requirements.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Exact Contracting. Our community is ready to answer.