Excel Cleaning

10: Excel Cleaning Employee Reviews

Australia10 reviews

4.3Work–Life Balance

fun workplace

Arrive, clock in. Go to the Work area. Assemble your load with paperwork, Add frozen and chilled product to complete the prior picked order. RFD check in per crate to correlate load. Transport total load to loading dock. Truck check and dock/park truck. Load truck. Assist loading the other trucks/runs. Drive to destinations. Park truck on roadside. Unload each order onto trolley provided and negotiate the terrain to take the load to the customers kitchen bench. (Maybe +3rd floor of stairs of unit complex. Maybe traverse a long steep driveway. Maybe don't tread on the dog that is whisking around your feet as you hand carry the crates into the customers home.) (( Watch out for messy kept houses with trip hazards and narrow thoroughfares.))I came to learn that management are pushed to make larger target volume and financial returns/month. Consequently the schedule and work-ability placed onto the workers is often very unrealistic and unobtainable. But the expectation is for you (the CSA) to perform bigger better quicker so these performance rates equate toward and forward to the expected financial targets. ((I will say, in your rush, Just don't injure yourself. You will struggle to substantiate a legitimate claim. You'll be treated initially to fulfill a minimum company or law requirement, but from there, any outclause or clause will apply. And you will just disappear off the books))

Not a bad company to work for

The job is suitable for mums or for those who are looking for flexible working hours. Easy job but physically demanding.You get to know nice people/clients.

Pros

flexible work hours

Cons

average pay

Great place to work.

First place that I have worked at where I felt my hard work was appreciated. Being able to pick my own work hours allowed for great work life balance. Plenty of work available Given the responsibility to manage your own clients means you aren’t micromanaged but staff extremely helpful when support was needed. Only leaving as I’m moving interstate

Pros

Flexible hours.

Cons

Physical work

Negotiations with clients

Working for Excel has taught me how to negotiate with clients, to be as flexible as possible, as well as having the flexibility to work in school hours.

This is a family owned cleaning business and i work with a very friendly team of people and the hours are flexible. Started as a cleaner and now working as a Manager. Been here for 13 years!

Pros

I am a mother and work hours are steady and family friendly.

Cons

Nothing i can think of.

Friendly and supportive environment.

Working for Excel Cleaning has been a great experience. Starting from the training, the trainer educated me correctly as to the Australian standards. She taught me to clean efficiently and quickly also managing the time well. The payment process was explained well and in the end there was question answer session which cleared any doubt we had. All through that I have been working with them there has been continuous support, guidance and help provided at all times. In times when I was unwell and had to take up emergency leave or had to go overseas to meet my family always there has been clear communication and fill-in was taken care of.

Did not give me the work they promised.

They made lots of promises but did very little for me. I have very little work from them and had to travel a long time between jobs. I had to pay for all my travel expenses and other expenses to do the jobs.

Pros

Said they would help me get work.

Cons

Did not help me get work

A flexible and stable job

Working at Excel is a good choice for students, parents and people after a second job, as you can chose the amount of time you work and when you work, and you are usually placed no further from home than you are willing to go. As you work alone and are self-employed you don't encounter colleagues very often, though the regular staff parties are nice. The managers are very friendly and understanding. The work is physically taxing, but has the advantage of being confined to the hours you work- no going home with more work or having work related stresses to bring back with you. Cleaning can be rather therapeutic as it gives you time to think while still being productive! The company is an agency, they provide you with clients and you pay a fee of $21 per customer.

Pros

Work flexibility

Cons

physically tiring

Great supportive company.

Excel Cleaning is a very professional and supportive cleaning company to work for. Great as you can choose your own hours and work locations. Highly recommend!

Pros

Can fit work hours in around school times.

Cons

Can be a bit physically tiring - but good exercise.

Official response from Excel Cleaning

28 July 2016
Thanks for the kind words! We appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us :)

Enjoyable my cleaning job

I always enjoy my cleaning job.This Job is simple,but I have to think,what customer's needs and try to give same quality all the time.Unfortunately,This job is alone.I never seen my co-worker. The hardest part of this job is the time management. Some costumer are quite tight time schedule,so I need to hurry and have to care details,too. Finally,I always think that is how customer feel after my cleaning.

Official response from Excel Cleaning

27 June 2016
Thanks for your comments! We appreciate you sharing your experience here, and for all the effort you put in with your clients - we couldn't do this without you.As always, if you need anything from us here in the office all you have to do is ask :)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Excel Cleaning. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Excel Cleaning with