Expect A Star

29: Expect A Star Employee Reviews

Australia29 reviews

4.2Work–Life Balance

I enjoyed working with Expect A Star 🌟, because I always find time ⏲ for my family as well as for myself , I got job satisfaction while working with Expect A Star.

productive and flexibility

Management team is very friendly and cooperative. They let you choose the location and hours we desire to work. They try to accommodate as per our requirements. We get to visit different centres and meet new people. So the work is not monotonous. There is hardly any paperwork we are required to do.

Pros

Have flexibility in choosing the shifts

Cons

Sometimes shifts aren’t available closer to your area or only Certificate 3 shifts are available.

Productive and fun

Great if you’re in uni, you work when you can and great pay. Friendly staff. You go to different schools. Majority of the ones I’ve been to have been lovely but there will always be someone that will let you down.

Experience achieved

Working with EAS has been a great experience. You work according to your availability as in if you are available you can work. I went to different centres over the time and experience different ways to achieve the goals and reach out to parents, staff and children

Pros

According to your hours

Cons

Unpredictable

recruiting staff were helpful

I was a casual for OSHC work, Brisbane team were great.Suited me as a uni student as I did not want full time work.One manager in Sydney was not polite or helpful so I registered with other agencies.

Pros

good for uni student if work available

Cons

expectation to call daily for work

supportive and fun

-supportive team in helping workers to find a suitable job on a daily basis -easy to get in touch 24/7 -high salary compare to other places -easy to arrange your shifts according your schedule

enjoyed working with Expect A Star

Most enjoyable part is going to different centers its very good for learning different skills, activities, management, set-up etc. I like to work with Expect A Star agency but sometimes they send us far away which is sometimes very stressful. Because I catch bus, train that's why its bit stressful sometimes to get their on time. But otherwise its fine.

productive and friendly working environment

A pleasure working for Expect A Star. Always had lot osf shifts, communication was great, extra training & courses available for free. Everything was dealt with in a very professional way. My experience with expect a star is very good but also very challenging as you don't know which centre you are going to and they normally just call you in the morning so you can prepare in advance

Productive if living in melb or sydney

Amazing team, reliable and fun. Working for EAS was actually my first experience in the filed and I was able to see so many childcare centre some were good, some were very bad and some above any expectation that anyone could imagine, the quality of service was above anything I could think of. I definitely can recommend working fot#r his agency.

Expect a star

It is a good company if you are starting but the alert for job notifications for the day needs to improve for casuals, getting an app or website to access for availability rather than a sms

Pros

You get a job

Cons

Low salary

Ambiente accogliente

Colleghe tra di loro cordiali e rispetto verso i bambini del centro

Great company to deal with, positive experience.

A pleasure working for Expect A Star. Always had lot’s of shifts, communication was great, extra training & courses available for free. Everything was dealt with in a very professional way.

My experience with expect a star is very good but also very challenging as you don’t know which centre you are going to.

My experience with expect a star is good but challenging. As everyday I might be sent to a totally new centre that I have never been to and meet new staffs and children. But all the staffs and children that I have met are very nice and the staffs always offer help when I needed and I am growing experience in dealing with different situations and working with all kinds of children from different culture backgrounds and different family backgrounds. Do

Great place for those who can drive themselves

positive environment where committed workers flourish and have the opportunity to greatly expand on their skills while racking up plenty of hours with flexibility well suited to uni students.

Great and Supportive Early Childhood Care Centre

As far as they are accommodating and supportive for a Student like me who has only restricted hours to work. Their centres are located near the city where I'm currently residing. But, they are competitive when it comes to training and profiling a prospective candidate for a permanent position.

Pros

Competitive and Supportive

Cons

Sometimes they gave only few shifts

Me

I had worked in may fields so far and I have enjoyed the challenge each and every time. I am a team player. Excellent communicator in all aspects with great administration and organisation skills.The most enjoyable time at my current job is being with the children support them and educating them into a better world.

variety and interesting

i loved working for this agency, they really look after you and make you feel validated and important. They also gave you incentives, such as being in the running for candidate of the month.

Peaceful and nice place to work

Good experience for people who want to work part-time or casual. It is really good to go around to different daycares if you are keen on working in the early childhood industry.

Great Company

Reliable and offer a lot of work to employees. Although mostly operate on the Eastern, Western and South side of Melbourne so if living in those areas they are fantastic to work for. Employed on a on call basis so Must be prepared to have phone readily available during hours submitted to work.

Pros

get to experience lots of different companies, employer listens to employees requirements and does best to facilitate

Cons

Travel time can be long, on call basis

Not much work

I've worked with Expect A Star for 5 months and only worked 2 shifts. I constantly call but there is never work available. Staff on the phone are always helpful. Its just disappointing that there isn't shifts available.

Productive and worthwhile

Productive and worthwhile career but poorly paid so after gaining a teaching degree would be a severe cut in pay to return to the childcare industry despite the importance of the work.

Pros

Active engagement with chil;dren and making a difference in their lives

Cons

poor pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Expect A Star. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Expect A Star with