Expect A Star
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Expect A Star Employee Reviews

Australia18 reviews
-supportive team in helping workers to find a suitable job on a daily basis
-easy to get in touch 24/7

-high salary compare to other places

-easy to arrange your shifts according your schedule
Most enjoyable part is going to different centers its very good for learning different skills, activities, management, set-up etc.
I like to work with Expect A Star agency but sometimes they send us far away which is sometimes very stressful. Because I catch bus, train that's why its bit stressful sometimes to get their on time. But otherwise its fine.
A pleasure working for Expect A Star. Always had lot osf shifts, communication was great, extra training & courses available for free. Everything was dealt with in a very professional way. My experience with expect a star is very good but also very challenging as you don't know which centre you are going to and they normally just call you in the morning so you can prepare in advance
It is a good company if you are starting but the alert for job notifications for the day needs to improve for casuals, getting an app or website to access for availability rather than a sms
Pros
You get a job
Cons
Low salary
A pleasure working for Expect A Star. Always had lot’s of shifts, communication was great, extra training & courses available for free. Everything was dealt with in a very professional way.
My experience with expect a star is good but challenging. As everyday I might be sent to a totally new centre that I have never been to and meet new staffs and children. But all the staffs and children that I have met are very nice and the staffs always offer help when I needed and I am growing experience in dealing with different situations and working with all kinds of children from different culture backgrounds and different family backgrounds.
Do
positive environment where committed workers flourish and have the opportunity to greatly expand on their skills while racking up plenty of hours with flexibility well suited to uni students.
I had worked in may fields so far and I have enjoyed the challenge each and every time.
I am a team player. Excellent communicator in all aspects with great administration and organisation skills.The most enjoyable time at my current job is being with the children support them and educating them into a better world.
Good experience for people who want to work part-time or casual. It is really good to go around to different daycares if you are keen on working in the early childhood industry.
Reliable and offer a lot of work to employees. Although mostly operate on the Eastern, Western and South side of Melbourne so if living in those areas they are fantastic to work for. Employed on a on call basis so Must be prepared to have phone readily available during hours submitted to work.
Pros
get to experience lots of different companies, employer listens to employees requirements and does best to facilitate
Cons
Travel time can be long, on call basis
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Expect A Star?
I've worked with Expect A Star for 5 months and only worked 2 shifts. I constantly call but there is never work available. Staff on the phone are always helpful. Its just disappointing that there isn't shifts available.
Productive and worthwhile career but poorly paid so after gaining a teaching degree would be a severe cut in pay to return to the childcare industry despite the importance of the work.
Pros
Active engagement with chil;dren and making a difference in their lives
Cons
poor pay
mostly i worked with after school hours but did some shift with the long day care.
most of the time i had offer to drive over 40 km so wasn't fair for me. apart from that they pay good money.
Expect A Star has great team/management. They are always friendly.
I worked as a casual staff and the team members are very helpful and professional.
Pros
flexible, no fuss, professional
Cons
I have to call everyday to be priority for job available
Very Big organization, and well team work with manner and fast communication. Have sup Company in all areas. Can choose time to work.
Pros
Good team work and payment
Cons
Not thing.
I enjoy working with children. communicating with the parents.
planning kids age appropriate activities and hygiene. I work at least 3 days as casual and i look for some more work.
I really Enjoy working for expect a star
its been my first role working with children

its a rewarding job and a lot of fun I enjoy teaching them how to draw or read.

we have a great team and the other employees are great to be around.

I continue to learn from children behaviours and how it reflects an adults behaviour

how rules and restrictions apply with good reason

the hardest part of the job is leaving
expect a star is a child care agent that child care centres call up when they need staff