Expedia Group

Expedia Group Employee Reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Showing all 1,053 reviews

Great team to work with bad management

Fun, engaged, high achieving teams. VERY slow progression, salary increases or anything like it. Management is disconnected and doesn't support their teams. I would suggest looking elsewhere that support their staff and progress them efficiently.

Pros

Perks - healthcare and travel

Cons

Pay, progression, management

Working in that field effectively helped me developing my skills and my plans

Expedia is one if the most popular travel agencies all over the world all my life i was looking for a job like that it really keeps me getting more experiences and work skills

Fun workplace

Great people to work with, managers and supervisors are people person, fun workplace swags are cool. benefits are great Happy to work again with Expedia

Ambiente toxico

Una empresa que te ofrece un buen salario a cambio de burocracia, 0 flexibilidad, hipocresía y mucho favoritismo

Pros

Buen sueldo

Cons

Burocracia, favoritismo, 0 flexibilidad

Fun place to work

Awesome place to work. Great people. Great benefits. Just a all around great place to work. You get benefits and pto on day one. And the reimbursement too is amazing.

Ambiente di lavoro stimolante

Buona azienda, con ottimo equilibrio vita lavoro. Ambiente giovane, competitivo in modo salutare. Possibilità di imparare molto dai colleghi

Pros

Work-life balance

Cons

scarsa retribuzione

Competitive & fun

Incredible team spirit, smart people and amazing products. Sometimes it became too competitive, but this is the company spirit and their way of developing new products. I learned in two years as much as I learned in 10 years in other previous companies.

Pros

Free snacks

Cons

Sometimes stressfull

Toxic

Very poor decision making, upper management often lied to employees and fell through on promises. Management would regularly lie to customers regarding issues to cover themselves. Incredibly toxic micromanagement and abuse was supported and encouraged my upper management.

Pros

Travel, Pto

Cons

Toxic upper management

The office decor is nice...

Numbers matter. People don't. Insane hours (80/wk is quite normal) with no respect for work/life balance. Competitive not just with other companies but within the organization (and often within teams). Little respect for creativity and innovation unless it can be "measured." Aside from a decent compensation package, truly one of the most miserable jobs ever. The offices are usually quite nice; good thing as you'll spend most of your life there.

Pros

Decent compensation; plush offices

Cons

NO work/life balance; extremely competitive environment

A company with a good culture, but constant changes

How much you enjoy working at Expedia is very much influenced by your team and your direct manager.It's a fast-paced company, where changes happen often, and there's always a sense of uncertainty and fear of losing your job at any point if you don't demonstrate you're worth it, constantly. Good company benefits, and good work-life balance, but unfairness on wages by role/location and development opportunities.

Pros

Good company benefits and work-life balance

Cons

Competitive atmosphere and constant need to prove you're worth it

Great coworker and great pay and benefits

Overall a really good company with very competitive pay and benefits. The company also provides free drinks and snacks for there employees. Also I met some amazing co workers. Giving the company a 3 due to communicate issues and a lack of full job expectations being given.

Productive and fun work place

Was a productive Experience, Taught me a lot about customer service and also how to deal with more high end customers and meet higher targets and more challenges

Suitable tech culture for helping customers in travel industry

Everything is planned in a customer centric way, projects laid down according to priority, tech lead and managers help mentor and stay highly relevant to the work, clear boundaries between projects, no overlaps, good management and planning, care is taken for employees to learn and grow, scope for improvement and employee participation, tech lead and managers trust employees and understand the knowledge gap and act appropriately, proper work life balance, less managers and more engineering managers/tpm or tech lead

Liberals are us

You may have read about "woke" tech companies, well this is one of them. Every month there are meetings featuring progressive speakers lecturing on how you should think and act. I gave up on working for a company that feels the need to tell its employees how they should live their lives.Also not much room for advancement and even less interest by management in training or career path planning. They talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

Horrible Management.

Worked for hotwire. It was a disaster when the leadership team moved out. The technology head was working for only one person who was dumb. Most of the tech managers and architects left because of favoritism.

What is the best part of working at the company?enjoying the customers and the fellow workersWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?micromanagement in some departmentsWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?mostly happy and educationalWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?interesting , never the same always something different to handle, for the most part very enjoyable. I did love my job.

Easygoing hiring process

Haven’t started yet but the hiring process has been great very easy laidback interview process, very hopeful that all the perks and benefits are just as they say they are

They lie about you having a specific schedule.

Then when you’re about done with training, they tell you the complete opposite (3P-12A) making most have to quite and find new jobs. Worst experience I’ve ever dealt with.

I love this company!

Expedia is the best company i worked for so far in my career. Very dynamic and moving fast company culture, you won’t be boring. Full of smart people around you. Very good salary and benefits. You can have career advancement if you are willing to paying effort & time; of course good performance is needed.

Pay. Fellow colleague support

Covid layoffs done on webinars, with all people getting laid off staring at each other in disbelief. Decisions often made that were to the detriment of franchisees, not in support of them.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Management with no ethics or morals

Great Pay and Benefits

I love working here. The people, pay, and benefits are great. They train you well too, which is nice. Friendly environment, very accepting, and laid back

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Expedia Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Expedia Group with

Learn about Expedia Group in popular locations

• Expedia Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?