Expr3ss!

6: Expr3ss! Employee Reviews

Australia6 reviews

4.3Work–Life Balance

You could not find a more generous and giving management team

Hear for yourselves on our Facebook page. I called Nova and told them all about Yoga on a Wednesday, Massage once a month, Space Invaders, Stand Up Sit Down Desks, Table Tennis, Beer Fridge, Streets Icecream Fridge, Scooters to work it all off to name a few of the amazing things around the office. Great working environment. Working along side high-energy "Can Do" people. There is a permanent buzz in the office. The excitement of new customers jumping on board. Customers achieving staff selection in 7 days. 1/2 kilo slabs of Rocky Roads finding their way to prospects and customers. There is never a dull moment. We love delighting our customers at every opportunity and celebrating in their successes. We’re a small group of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in the mission to alter the course of recruitment history!!!

Pros

All of the below

Cons

If you work best and are most productive in a large, slow, considered and bureaucratic environment then Expr3ss! is not for you.

Passionate, Professional, Transparent and Family Friendly!

It was such a pleasure to work with Expr3ss! A great family owned business with a real passion for helping customers. I worked remotely but would also work from within the head office (which is an amazing place with an awesome vibe). The team were like family and modelled the same passion and professionalism as the Co-Founders. Customer centric - A relentless and genuine passion to assist every customer. A passion born from the Co-Founders own experiences. A true purpose - The purpose of Expr3ss! is weaved into everything we do and forms the foundation of every decision. Its exciting to work for a place where a purpose is more than just words on a page. Its a passion shared by all and experienced by customers. A family owned business - It is evident that the Co-Founders deeply care about their business, their staff and their customers. The essence of what makes a family business so fantastic is what makes "working" at Expr3ss! such a privilege. No red tape, complete transparency, real people having real fun whilst making a real difference. Work/life balance - The business offers me complete flexibility and shows a great deal of respect for work life balance. The Co-Founders know all of their employees children's names, partners names, they never forget a birthday or a work anniversary. They went above and beyond to accommodate my return to work post maternity leave. They provided flexibility in terms of my hours and even allowed me to tailor my responsibilities to better balance the care of my son and work. They even had a little Expr3ss! jacket tailored just for -

Pros

Great culture, professional, flexible, innovative, transparent, inclusive, beautiful office with lots of effort made to make the workplace fun, VERY accomodating.

Fabulous place to work - Awesome Team environment

I started working full-time at Expr3ss! in Jan of 2016. A typical day consists of a daily Skype meeting with the team, which is great as we get to find out what happened the day before and what's coming up in the future and creates a great team feel. This is followed by booked calls with customers to help them learn the software and find awesome people for their companies too (this is the part I love the most) I love the fact that everyone listens and helps each other, it makes for a great work culture and happy work place. I work in Adelaide, but I travel to Sydney regularly. The North Sydney office is Aw3som3!! Its open plan, bright, colourful. It's also in an easy to get to location near the North Sydney train station, many lunch shops and a mall if you fancy a bit of shopping at lunchtime. It also has a bar and an icecream freezer!! If you are overwhelmed by whatever is happening in your day there is a pool table and a gaming machine with all the classic games like space invaders and packman. You can actually check out the offices on a virtual walk-through via our Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/Expr3ss/app/137541772984354/ The team are great people to work for/with and enable you to do your job well. The hardest part of my job would be that there are not enough hours in the day to do all the things I want to do, but the most enjoyable part of my job is working with our awesome customers in helping them solve their staff selection issues. Expr3ss! certainly care for and look after their staff incredibly well. I have been in the recruitment industry -

Pros

Additional leave entitlements, birthday off every year, Ice Cream Freezer, Space invaders machine, bar, pool table, quiet zones away from your desk, stand-up/sit-down desks

Cons

None that I can think of

Couldn't ask for anything more!

I have contracted to Expr3ss! on and off for a number of years. The company has grown significantly in this time and remains a fun, inclusive and great team to part of. As a contractor, I have never felt like an "outsider" - I am invited to participate in both SA-based and interstate events and am included on every team call. When personal events happen in my life - they are celebrated (or commiserated) as with each employee. The Sydney office is a fun and inspiring place to work from - there are: - Stand up / Sit down desks - Yoga classes - Free Massages - Great office toys (ie pool table, scooters etc) - Fully stocked icecream fridge, bar & breakfast cupboard - A real, proper coffee machine! The Directors, both great people who are wonderful mentors, are very receptive to feedback and suggestions on how to improve processes - both internally and for customers. Ultimately if all contracting customers could be like Expr3ss! the world would be a far happier place. If you're thinking of joining Expr3ss! - don't hesitate! I promise you won't regret a single moment! ps - if you do the work that's reasonably requested of you, then you'll be part of the Expr3ss! family for life

Pros

Too many to list - great (free) coffee machine, fully stocked icecream fridge, massages, yoga classes, stand up/sit down desks, up to date tech (ie phones & laptops), unique & fun events

Cons

That I don't live in Sydney & therefore be able to use the fun stuff every day

Strange Facade

Expr3ss! started as a cool little company with lots of opportunity for growth and development. Over the years as the compay grew the development side of things was put on hold. - Long working hours - Management that would make fun of "non-tech savvy" customers behind their back - Hiring discrimination with younger women as theyd have to pay for maternity leave (ironic because it came back to bite them) - Management lacking the ability to identify work and personal life separation - Founder/s wouldn't loosen control, micromanagement occurred way too often - Strange obsession over little things such as cardboard wall placement, scooters, fake grass and how standing tables were placed on the grass all the way down to getting in trouble if you "hadn't locked the fridge because expensive wine may get stolen by the cleaners" - Management would demand employees to drop what they're working on for something else very often Remote working would be the real path to take if you were to work for Expr3ss! as the office is too toxic.

Pros

Good Salary

Cons

Please see review as the cons have been outlined

Aw3som3! Place to work!

I work remotely from SA, the head office is in Sydney, however, I am always supported from all the staff in NSW. The management are excellent, their main focus is keeping the customers happy, but also their staff by creating a fun, energized work environment. All of my co-workers are aw3som3! and always happy to help when needed. The hardest part of my job is not being located with everyone else, however, the best part is that I get to help Expr3ss! customers get the best out of their recruitment system to assist them with hiring the right person!!

Pros

Flexible hours, great staff & management, yoga, tennis

Cons

I work remotely

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Expr3ss!. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Expr3ss! with

Learn about Expr3ss! in popular locations

• Expr3ss!
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?