Extend After School Care Employee Reviews

Disappointing Management, limited hours per week
Program Assistant & Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Ormond VIC4 June 2019
This job is great for someone looking to get some more experience for childcare/education. The hours are limited (7-9am, 2:30-6pm), so do not expect to be earning a lot of money. Management/ head office is absolutely rubbish and do not care for the welfare of staff. Interacting with the children is very fun, and extend does offer a great variety of activities during after care and holiday programs. However I would suggest looking at other after school care companies for a more supportive working environment.

Extend is always short staffed so if you are available they will give you lots of shifts, however you may also be hassled a lot by staff to fill in for other team members despite being unavailable.

The hourly rate is $25 per hour for an assistant and $29 for a team leader, this may change if you have a childcare qualification.
Pros
Engaging programs
Cons
Short hours, difficult management
Great to work with children however horrible managment
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC2 March 2019
I worked for this company for just under 2 years as a team coordinator. Studying towards my teaching qualification I found the work/ life balance to be perfect for my life style, having the mornings to study and afternoons to work. I found I learnt great skills and adored working with children every day. The component that lets this company down is the management!! They are truly awful who show no appreciation towards the staff who work so hard for them. They will promise you when starting out support and any other lie they can conjure up but beware they are sheep in wolves clothing. They present a bully mentality with threats of your job and shifts being taken away it is such a shame to see as the educators who work for this company love what they do however are pushed out by mean managers who only care about the assessment and ratings and not much else very poorly run. Anyone looking to start with Extend I would recommend the job however do it through a different company, one who shows more integrity kindness towards there staff. National manager and operation managers would not know kindness and compassion if it hit them in the face my recomemdation perhaps a smile now and then would help their cases!
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Managment
Exciting place to work
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC2 March 2018
I have worked for Extend for the last 3 years as an educator through my studies. I have had the opportunity to progress from Service Assistant to Coordinator.
I have a very supportive manager who visits my service regularly.
Would highly recommend for students and anyone who likes working with children!
Pros
Work life balance, supportive management
Cons
Short shift time for assistants
Great place to work to develop professional skills
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC28 February 2018
Extend is a good place to work. It is challenging but also very rewarding. I love working with the children and families. I love seeing my hard work pay off when the children don’t want to leave my service!
Pros
Flexible hours, good support, training and promotional opportunities
Cons
Some travel required between schools
Good for uni students, but no one else.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC13 February 2018
Workplace isnt so bad, and you do get a somewhat decent support, However, the management team is very clicky and hard to get into. They do have awesome events etc... They do try to help you out... But they already know who they want and what position, so dont bother applying for any upper positions, because they already know who is going to get that job,
Throw away employees
Teacher (Former Employee) –  NSW5 January 2018
The company and management will tell you that you're an important part of the company but will throw you away without blinking an eye. They expect a lot, you deliver and they toss you out. They can't technically fire you so will bully and harass and cut your shifts till you're non existent. There is a lot of immature nasty staff and management acts the same. It's a shame for the lovely families who entrust these people to care for their children.
Pros
Good work hours
Cons
Harassment, bullying, nasty staff and management
Productive and Fun workplace
Out Of School Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 March 2016
The workplace is great to work in i have learened alot and the management is great and co workers are great the hardest part of my job is staying long hours physically straining. the
Playing with school aged kids, most enjoyable part
After Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne,VIC5 October 2015
I enjoy the outdoor play time with kids most. They enjoy playing with teacher and I enjoy that too. I get a chance to know the kids, their favorite games, likes and dislikes.
This is the best time when I can get closer to the kids.