Extend After School Care
View all Extend After School Care reviews

Extend After School Care

Extend After School Care Employee Review

Pretty useless

Working with children is amazing but you better hope you never have any issues that require support from management because you won't get it. No wonder the staff turnover is so high.

Same role

Stressful with some down time

The activities and tasks set for the day when the children finish school are poorly set out and not well organised. Learnt what is involved with being a qualified Educator and how the before and after school care operates and what it consists of. The management aren't that organised as they come whenever their is a meeting for the other employees but that is not often therefore we are not prepared for when the assessor and rater arrive to the service. The enjoyable part is working with children and meeting new children that come to the center. Their interests and values on certain things makes our job rewarding as we are educating them to further their knowledge and skill set for when they begin school.

Pros

The salary is reasonable

Cons

You receive no benefits
Same location

Please Never Ever Work Here!

Please do not ever work here. The management do not care about you (even if they seem nice in the beginning). You will soon find out as soon as you stop bending over backwards. You are constantly treated badly, and the workload is unrealistic. If you ever take a sick day you will be pressured to come in, even with the COVID-19 pandemic. The children (like at any school) are so lovely to work with and so are the parents. Unfortunately, the workplace culture here is so toxic. The staff turnover is so high which is why they are constantly posting for people to work for this company.If you do take a sick day, you get penalised through your shifts being cut. If you need help with anything or are single-staffed, they do not care and won't answer your phone calls or emails. You will often find yourself working alone or over ratio with no worries given from management 0 who are based in Sydney and Melbourne, so you have virtually no support if something goes wrong. Vacation care is a nightmare because they don't pay for the excursions in advance and often don't book you in for the trip. We constantly look like incompetent staff arriving to excursions head office won't pay for, or book us in for. One of the most truly appalling places I have ever worked for.

Pros

Lovely children and families

Cons

short hours, shifts cut, rosters updated continually with no notice
Same location

Good experience

I enjoyed working in different schools as a team leader. I was given shifts in various schools; which enabled me to experience different school culture.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Extend After School Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Extend After School Care with