extrastaff
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

extrastaff Employee Reviews

Australia10 reviews
They are high on hygiene and they like to keep there place nice and clean. Always cleaning and always on time. Very helpful when things are clean cause then you can manage your way through the factories and the warehouses.
Pros
Gifts
Cons
Not enough hours
Alot of underground. Experience. Very safety minded. Work well in a group. Great reliable work experience. Let me show u what I can offer . I love mining
I recently applied for a production worker job with Extrastaff. I was called back promptly and interviewed for a position at San Remo. The job was described to me in a way that very much fit my skills and previous experience.

However when I went to the first shift of this job I was immediately made to feel extremely uncomfortable. I was not introduced to a single staff member, not even a team leader. There was no attempt made to familiarise me with the production area.

I was given the task of stacking, wrapping and moving pallets. Whilst this is not impossible for me to do it presented a fair strain as it was at an unmanageable speed and I am a small individual. This is also not at all the type of work described to me.

This was made even worse by the fact that my 'supervisor' provided minimal instructions and appeared visibly annoyed when I asked for help. I had never wrapped pallets before and was not asked what I did and didn't know how to do.

Had I been informed of the warehouse type work and conditions in the factory I would not have accepted the job as I do not feel comfortable performing tasks I am not experienced in/capable of without supervision and assistance.

It seems as though Extrastaff just wants to shove people into vacancies whether or not they fit!
Pros
Cons
Waste of time, misrepresentation of duties in the workplace and working conditions
Unfortunately, I had a bad experience with this agency during my job application. After several calls and following my application, they just told me your application is successful and someone will be in touch with you soon. Nothing happened. Ultimately, after two weeks of waiting, I had been told that you don't have enough experience while they could told me at first not after a long time. Absolutely, wast of time as they do not know what they do really. Even if I could work with them, I would not tolerate their rude and improper behavior.
Was told during initiation several times there would be 38 hours a week for the production job I was contracted to. Upon starting was told that wasn't the case and ending up only getting 8 hours a week for 4 weeks.

Since then I have not been called for any more shifts and the company has given no reason why and have not even bothered to call. They were also aware how far away I was from the job and would give me work on call and at unreasonably short notice. This would result in me getting to the job late and with less pay.

Don't rely on this company to get you secure work and don't waste your time, especially with production roles.
Pros
Somewhat flexible
Cons
Lack of contact, no hours, job security
According to my experience with this agency i am not recommended to other.Because of lack of shift, you get job but you can't make pay.They can't provide enough shift to their employee.They hire on a casual base so there is no guarantee for shift.So there is no job security,you have a continues work or not.
Pros
Good pay/Staff
Cons
Can't give enough shift to their employee
Working for Extra staff has been great they are flexible understanding and look after their employees I have never worked for a better company I would recommend applying at extra staff I did cleaning loading trucks building marquees working in factories no week or day is the same it never gets boring and the team are fair and good to work with
packer online for Balfours as a Temp
sorting threw cooked goods to be packed into packaging then boxes for them to go 2 the stores
Pros
learning lots of different things
Cons
not being there longer than 3 days
General administration duties – answering phones, typing as requested, filing, etc.
Phone screening applicants for potential positions.

Updating all spreadsheets and ROL with applicant details.

Arranging details of assignments for Employees.

Submitting of employee timesheets.

Assisting with the Recruitment for Wilmar Sugar which included Aptitude testing, arranging all appointments for Interviews, Medicals, and Inductions.

Liasing with clients with regards to staffing requirements.

Compiling the weekly newsletter.
When they call they do not know where they are sending me nor do they give me enough time to get there. so I took myself out to breakfast when they sent me to the Sunshine Coast with 1/2 hr when the traffic on the highway was completely stopped. Ha Ha ha
Pros
Good take care of the elderly as they need a lot of assistance to maintain indenpence.
Cons
Better Management Skills
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at extrastaff?