ExxonMobil

Australia34 reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Found 34 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,630 reviews

Good start

Good company to have on your CV. Performance review was not transparent. You have to join in schmoozing with management if you want good grades. Overall not too bad experience.

only a weeks work but very good conditions

Enjoyed my time at the warehouse. Only a weeks work. Very organised company and staff were friendly. The work was through DFP recruitment in Traralgon

Great company

Great company. Challenging position and they provide the necessary resources for you to succeed and get the job done. Long hours but rewarding work.

Great place to work at.

Working at ExxonMobil headquarters in Melbourne gave me the experience and tools to develop myself to a high level of responsibility and ability to handle critical situations.

Enjoyable

I manage issues on a daily basis and learnt to be patient and chose the right words to speak. Management has strict guidelines but we were able to deliver daily. Hardest part was when local community stop the job and demand for unnecessary payments. Getting the work done and get things moving was a real satisfaction.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

Risky

Young Guns

Managent was somewhat okay Workplace was very male dominated Hardest part of the job was how physical it was and sometimes people spoke in a different language so it made things uncomfortable The most enjoyable part of the job was some of the people I worked with, not all

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Never know what time i finished

Exxon Mobil

My typical work at Exxon Gas plant was working with all different people Multi cultral learning different technics of jobs ,Languges,the job is still the same techiics we applied.Love working in the fields. The management was good But the hard part is leaving project due to job completions, The most enjoyable part is after every ones contribution and the out come off the production is always good.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Long Hours Working

World Class Safety and Environment Culture

I love working for the PNG LNG Project. Everyday I learn something new. The working environment is world class and there is a lot of opportunity to develop and prosper.

Pros

Tones of World Class skills and knowledge.

Supportive but conservative environment with many long-term employees

Gippsland location, a lot of opportunity for learning. Excellent respect to and from work colleagues. Male dominated due to nature of the business. Expected to be available 24x7 for emergency response.

Pros

Dynamic environment

Cons

Very long hours with constant availability expected.

Working with 98% fanastic people

Strong Safety culture, inclusive, respectful environment, access to IT Help Desk given new updates to programs rolled out constantly. Stressful environment.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Stress, constant changes in computer programs, processes that work, someone new assumes the role of Manager and feels the need to change everything, 3 hour Safety meetings each quarter

Performance based ranking system

ExxonMobil PNG is the ideal place to start for early career professionals. In my role, I have a career roadmap and learning objectives that I have to complete against a target date. However, career advancement is slow and work can become routine and boring. Career advancement is determined by a performance ranking system that is used to rank employees across a group on the same career level, in different departments based on the number of years of work experience and age of employee. individual ranking is very competitive and sometimes the remuneration does not fairly compensate the job description. Also, there is limited opportunity for a Papua New Guinea ln to obtain an expatriate assignment

Pros

Medical Insurance, Home Ownership Scheme, Professional Development

Cons

Limited employee benefits, more responsibilies, less pay, difficult to get an expatriate assignment in another country

Educational

great team working together in the laboratory and the greater refinery as a whole, with many professional and social perks on offer and career advancement opportunities.

Productive and fun work environment

Excellent team. Fit in really well with everyone and good team cooperation was practised everyday. Really enjoyable experience and a lot of technical knowledge was gained during my internship.

Not Enjoyable

Everyone here with the exception of a few were contractors. Not a fun team atmosphere. Not all of the chemists worked with the same level of commitment or integrity.

Pros

Fast paced environment

Cons

People

great work life

i had a great time working at the company. the other employees were so easy to get along with i enjoyed working in a team. I was able to start learning to do the cooking and coffee making. i had the privilege of being shown by the coffee representative how to make the best frothy milk for cappuccinos lattes etc. i didn't really find any part of the job hard the bigger the rush the quicker the day went by. i enjoyed the fast pace that was the christmas rush.

Pros

great team members

The commitments as a Mechanical Engineer

Should be responsible to any engineering issues and come up with a proper engineering control .Also need be active and take the lead to execute the day to day work with two days advance plan .Also as an Engineer we should have our five years improvements plan and set our goal above the KPI targets.

Pros

actively involve in any issues to resolve it

Cons

Lazy to commit ourself.

david whittaker

as a contract consultant my limitations in what work activities I could be involved with where limited but overall the support I had at the time was very good

Very productive and fun with all the nessacery entertainments(Gym, video games, Pool, etc...)

On a typical work day, safety is always priority number one. I have learned to do my work safely and effectively with proper planning. My opinion about management is that, I might be moved to a new role so I need to be flexible. Management is strick but at the same time concerned about workers well being. My co-workers behave in a professional manner at work thus making our work easy and effective. The hardest part of the job is meeting deadlines when time is limited. The enjoyable part of the job is learning new stuff and taking on new responsiblities.

Pros

one Month off

Cons

high performance expectation

Disconnect Between Corporate and Field

Corporate is all about safety and equality and they spend a lot of time talking about these things, but when you get to the field it's a different story. There are still a lot of people who feel that production is the most important thing and safety is just a talking point for the CEO. There are also still plenty of men at the company that will yell at their female coworkers and treat them poorly even though it's not supposed to be acceptable. Just the fact that the majority of the administrative positions are held by women while the higher paying field positions are held by men and there are very few female supervisors or managers shows an underlying culture of gender discrimination.

was brilliant and learnt more about retail

the manager was awesome treated us with high respect and we all did the same with her but my favourite part of this job was getting to know the regular customers and trying to help where needed with them the most horrid part is when the efpos would crash and we had to do everything with the old click clack bankcard machine by hand

Reason for change

Looking for the opportunity to develop and improve ,myself, looking to be given the opportunity to develop within an organisation, looking for an organisation that will enable me to apply my skills and continue learning I am a firm believe in the need to continually improve and develop on your skills and to face new and rewarding challenges

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ExxonMobil. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Learn about ExxonMobil in popular locations

• ExxonMobil