Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help: Coronavirus update

EY Employee Reviews

Australia49 reviews
Mix of good and bad
Good place to get exposure to premium clients and train in yourself up in various skills. The bad is that if you are not good at firm politics and nepotism, you will hit a ceiling with your progression.
Pros
Training and exposure to premium clients
Cons
Firm culture and politics
Great firm to work
Flexible working arrangement

Takes care of the employees

Always considerate of work-life balance of employees

Good working relationship with Partners and Sr. Management in the firm
Interesting to be part of a global firm
Work life balance is not there, even though they advertise it. Administration employees are seen as a lower rank and are required to work beyond required hours to satisfy the audit department partners
Pros
working in a global unit
Cons
long hours and a lot of pressure
Great place to begin your career with
Very fast paced, work life balance / culture / level of stress highly depends on the teams and clients you get put on. Overall a great place to start your career at because you get to meet so many people.
Biased Management
If you are anything below a team leader then don't voice your issues, simply walk out (that's what i did), as only your TL or managers will be heard no matter how true you are to your work. TL's (like the one I had, and i assume there are many more like her) only use you to go up the ladder. TL' look for a chance to put you in PIP so that they can show it in their yearly review and get promotions. It's an awesome company to work with and can become even better, say extraordinary, if people like these are fired, or at least if management has the minimum courtesy to listen to what even the lower levels have to say.
Productive but somewhat stressful learning experience
Being placed in a big client engagement, daily work was quite stressful and required a lot of adjusting towards. Being put in this situation required me to understand how I work better so that I could be productive but keep myself in a good mental state at the same time. I enjoyed the experience understanding how the company works as well as client companies. The workplace culture is friendly and diverse, and people are willing to help each other out. The hardest part of the job was to keep up with the fast paced environment and completing audit tasks with a high quality. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning the auditing process and seeing myself learn and improve throughout the internship.
Hard work, difficult KPIs, but amazing network and individuals and opportunity
Most enjoyable: the people (leaders, juniors), the variety of work, the opportunity, the international connectedness

Least enjoyable: excessive admin due to legacy systems, difficult KPIs

Good workplace culture, but highly depends on the team you are in and the individuals who lead that team. Culture can differ significantly between teams (even within sub-competencies - i.e. Risk/Performance Improvement etc).
Work life balance was very low
EY is an excellent company to work for, however the work life balance was not that great at the time I was working for the firm.
The company offers good opportunities for their employees to learn either via their internal channel or on class.
Professionalism is a Priority
EY Only hires professionals who are capable of delivering. Anybody wanting to work at EY needs to bring their best game and collaborate for success. Opportunities to work at EY will also provide opportunities to develop as a person and a professional.
Horrible culture in Brisbane Valuations team
- Too much dirty politics coming from very senior people.
- Valuation senior management tries to get too involved in personal life of employees and then try to misuse it.

- Senior management prefers to only work with consultants and don't involve managers as they are insecure.

- Employees are judged based on number of hours they sit in the office rather than the quality of work delivered.

- Suggest to avoid this team and maybe go for other teams if you are looking for a grad job.
It was a good experience working there.
I worked a normal day from 9 to 5, but a lot of the times i would leave after 6 or even 7, even though I was an intern. Work more in these companies to get more experience as it has paid off.
Technical Accounting focused firm
Highly technical work environment.
Fast paced and long working hours.

Flexible working arrangements.

Lack of direct partner involvement.

Lack of mentoring in career development.
Good Place to Work
A good opportunity to grow fast and learn a lot of things. Work with multinational clients and develop a network. You can meet really good people and professionals.
Pros
Educational Benefits and Exchange Programs
Cons
Management, instability after becoming manager, too slow to get the technologies running over the company
EY build my carrier foundation to become a great business leader
Every day learnt something from the works I had. Foundation of my carrier build with EY, helped me to climbed up my carrier ladder in Sri Lanka. I joined with EY as a trainee and within eight months I promoted as Executive and ended as a Senior Executive Level 2. I gathered lot of experience conducting internal and external audits of many industries such as manufacturing, trading, hotel, construction, service and etc. Not only the working experience but also EY creates discipline in my life, how to balance my personal life with the work. EY management is the best. I never had such kind of a leadership. Even we had ups and downs, they are with us and support how to be a quality person.

I am a member of the EY cricket team for 3 years. I participated lot of events there not only the seminars and workshops but also fun events such as cocktail parties, annual trips and etc. EY is the best place to do your studies. All the people including management encourage us to continue our studies. Not only in words, they also giving appreciations and promotions once we qualified.

Sometimes we had to face problems in collecting data from clients. But end of the day with the instruction of our seniors we gathered the information what we need carry out the audit. The most enjoyable part is the team work. From the bottom to top we are working as family. That the basic thing we need to enjoy our life.
Excellent work environment
I loved working at EY. Every day was a new day meeting clients, helping them with documents and files, helping them to use TRIM in order to search and request files.
My team was friendly and supportive. The clients were very understanding and so was the management.

I had an excellent rapport with my management, partners and also clients.

EY is a very good place to work in and I miss being there.

The challenging part was when I had to manage a lot of requests along with other duties. However, I just had to prioritise my work and as the team was supportive, the work didn't seem difficult.

Being a part of EY for over 11 years, I acquired a lot of knowledge specially improved my Customer Service skills, my phone manners, computer skills, learnt to use new software over the years.

Overall, it was a happy, memorable experience working at EY.
Pros
flexibility, team work, friendly environment
Cons
construction of light rail causing a lot of disruption in the area
Too much office politics
Very heavy work load and timelines with little opportunity to enjoy work.Too much office politics and lack of leadership from old management who were very much behind the times and lacking in technical knowledge.
Pros
Cons
too much work
One of the worst organisations I have ever worked for.
Three key points:
1) Horrible team culture

2) Poor staff leaving process (Salary / dues not paid on time at the staff exit for weeks)

3) Overworked staff with very low morale.
Pros
Diverse work experience
Cons
Poor culture at the top
Terrible
Bosses were bullies, very sexist, they were never happy with anything I did. They picked on everything I did. Sometimes didn't speak to me, very spoilt men who are used to getting everything they want. That place was a pressure pit, everyone was heads down the whole time. No one socialised or god forbid told a joke, there was no joking, no fun, no banter, nothing, it was like working in factory. It was the worst job I ever took, thank god i left, never again.
Pros
nothing, oh new offices
Cons
open plan sucks, partners need major adjustment
N/a
Great place, intelligent colleagues and lots to learn.
Location is close to lots of good food and nice bars.

Culture pushes you to be the best person you can be.
Interesting work but unacceptable hours
The Big Four culture revolves around getting work done no matter what and tends to lead to a poor work life balance. The work can be challenging and interesting, and there is little doubt that you can gain great experience and work with talented individuals. However, I think the lack of work life balance and sometimes a sense of lack of support kills the working environment - certainly for me. Not worth the salary.
Pros
Interesting work
Great place
Learnt a lot at EY. Teams are built on integrity and lead by some of the best in the business. Hours aren't great but it's better to work and learn than work and not learn.