EY Employee Reviews

learning
Associate 1 (Current Employee) –  KW30 March 2018
if you want to learn and grow more especially during your career start you should consider Joining EY

There are many training held if you can manage
A dynamic workplace
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC19 March 2018
A dynamic and fun workplace where your learning is supercharged. Get to work is very experienced and sharp people at various levels and business lines.
Good place to start a career
Advisory (Former Employee) –  Indonesia24 January 2018
Challenging day-to-day tasks. A lot of clients to be handled. Sometimes I feel like we're constrained in some ways. No work-life balance. Nice office space.
EY Was a great place to work with people from diverse cultures
Australia, Audit Senior (Former Employee) –  Sydney, Australia8 December 2017
A typical day at work involved working at client's sites unless during reporting and review stages whereby these were finalized in the office and any planning meetings with the team including the engagement principals or partners would happen in the office. Other administrative aspects of the job would also happen in the office although we had enablers such as modems and hence one could easily do timesheets and other administrative aspects or work related issues from client's sites or from home if it is past office hours.
Pros
Great working culture with team work and promoting cultural diversity.
Cons
time constraints with strict reporting deadlines with certain clients.
Excellent place to learn and work as a team
Senior Auditor (Former Employee) –  Lima27 October 2017
I have an extensive background in assurance service. I worked for five years at Ernst&Young (EY Peru). I started as a trainee and then I was promoted as a senior of financial audit. During this time I gained experience in nearly every aspect to deliver exceptional client service and well as proactively engage in business development opportunities to assist in the growth of the practice. I work my best under pressure and believe I would thrive in your team’s fast-paced environment. Working at EY Peru, I grew accustomed to meet the deadlines and reach the goal with my team work.
Pros
Learning and opportuny to be promoted
Make yourself liked
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD17 October 2017
Work hard, play hard, be known. Get around and talk. Make people happy. Get the job done fast and cheap. You will be loved. Only the craziest rise to the top.
Otima empresa para trabalhar
Board Assistent (Former Employee) –  Sydney Australia9 October 2017
Ambiente muito agradavel e harmonioso, os gestores sao otimos.
Pros
Nada a declarar
Cons
Nada a declarar
Exposure to Challenging Projects
Transfer Pricing Analyst - International Tax (Former Employee) –  Perth WA7 October 2017
Excellent exposure to challenging projects however the pay was not comensurate with the level of responsibility assumed and intellectual skills that the individual provided.
Pros
Friday drinks and christmas party
Cons
Competitive culture
a very good company
Market Researcher (Former Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW15 June 2017
it's my great honor to work in EY SWEENEY even though it is only a shift job, they treat us very well. I am very new to sydney Australia, through this job, I make some new friends and look around Sydney, a very unforgettable experience!
Great professional development
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW10 June 2017
It's been a great career move being part of a global organisation that is leading the way for change and acceptance in the workforce. I have learnt many things over the years with EY both professsionally and personally all of which have helped to shape the EA I am today. Given the firms global locations it has allowed me to liaise with numerous people from all corners of the world.
Pros
Valued employee
Cons
The travel
Great company to work for
Senior Tax Consultant (Current Employee) –  Canberra, Australia7 May 2017
EY has a great corporate culture with a strong focus on diversity, high perfomance teams and quality. The firms management offer a range of opportunities to suit people with varying interests. Working in tax, I had a high amount of client exposure and each day was different.
Pros
People and management
Cons
Occasionally high pressure environment
Excellent company and employer. Global industry leader. very engaged with staff, management. Values diversity and inclusiveness, community support and
Senior Engagement Auditor - Assurance (Current Employee) –  Kuwait30 April 2017
Great place to build my career and learn lot about different business practices, industries, people styles. As an individual I learned to respond to pressure situations, cultivate ability to solve new challenges, flex my working style. Also potential to travel and see new places.
Good experience as part of University Coursework.
Team Leader of the Winning Team Univative (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW11 April 2017
I worked only on a project and was not employed by them.

• Demonstrated ability to lead a diverse group of people in a work-integrated inter-university competition for a business consultancy task at Ernst & Young.
• Developed and presented a sales pitch to the EY panel of judges.
• Contributed to the development of a business report for the project, providing well considered, original, innovative and realistic recommendations specific to the task.
Excellent teaming and friendly environment
Financial Management Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW5 April 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Ernst & Young for the past 10 years. I understand that my role was made redundant from a global level, not from management locally. I enjoyed interaction with the leading partners of EY, the team I looked after and the training I accomplished nationally and internationally.
Pros
Managing my team and autonomous working environment
Cons
Lack of direction with finance department
Looks good on your resume
Intern (Former Employee) –  MY6 November 2016
1. As a first job, learn a lot about employability skills. How to work in a professional environment etc

2. Be prepared for long hours, even as an intern
Excellent working enviornment and exceptional staff
Assurance Data Analytics Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC30 August 2016
EY provides excellent learning and growth opportunities. The exposure you attain while working with brilliant staff and clients help you to take on any challenging opportunities in life.
Big four
Advanced Tax Analyst - Global Shared Services (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 April 2016
One of the most important companies in the world where I have the opportunity to work. I learnt how to work in busy seasons and achieve the deadlines.
Auditor (Senior) (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW21 April 2016
Job work (3), salary (3), job security (3), management (3), job culture (4). Overall rating (3).
Good environment, the best thing is people you work with.
Very social and productive atmosphere
Executive Assistant (EA) (Former Employee) –  Sydney Australia23 August 2015
A typical day at work involved having a brief catch up with my group leader (Asia Pacific Private Equity Leader) to discuss the weeks work in progress and what needed to be completed and then working on those tasks in order of priority and urgency. Tasks could include overseas/domestic travel arrangements or creating itineraries for a client roadshow or important trips, client team meeting preparation and execution (creating agendas/action items), managing partners (three) calendars and monitoring emails, making sure partners are getting to meetings on time and action any outstanding tasks were a typical part of my daily routine.

I learned that I worked well at multitasking different projects including completing different partners specific and demanding requests and making sure I prioritized and was timely on my completion. I also learned that the best way to juggle so many tasks is to put these tasks in order of high to low priority and take it one step at a time as I worked in a very fast-paced environment with the responsibility of three very demanding partners.

Due to an increased transaction workload, the team grew exponentially from about 20 to 40 in about a year and a half. As a result of this growth, we were short on administrative assistance and the pressure on me and my workload increased significantly for a while until we hired another assistant. In the meantime though, I was likable and always helpful and knowledgeable on everything EY related so most of the staff would come to me daily with questions which became very disruptive when I was in the middle of
  more... a task. The main thing I took away from these experiences is that sometimes you just have push back and advise that you don't have the capacity to assist them and send them on their way. You can only fulfill so many tasks at one time and it all comes down to who has priority.

The most difficult part of my job was the prioritizing of the individual partners I looked after, because in the end, they all thought their requests were more important than the other. This was difficult for me at first but as I gained more experience and confidence, I became more assertive and was comfortable letting them know when they could expect their job to be completed and did my best to please everyone.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the social events that our team valued. Working in transaction tax meant very long hours (for the partners and staff) so it was a very high stress environment during big transaction periods. The leaders of the team appreciate the hard working individuals and would compensate our hard work by taking us on long lunches, having team drinks/events and also presented the hard workers end of year bonuses every year to thank them for their efforts. I really enjoyed this mentality and working for a team that valued their staff as the morale of the team was generally high.
Company of high calibre
Senior Accountant - Assurance, Real Estate (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW29 June 2015
Fast moving and high pressured environment, however staff are of high calibre and professional. Clients are reputable and well known.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EY. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K