EY Employee Reviews

Found 36 reviews matching the search See all 6,111 reviews
Excellent work environment
Senior Records Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 January 2019
I loved working at EY. Every day was a new day meeting clients, helping them with documents and files, helping them to use TRIM in order to search and request files.
My team was friendly and supportive. The clients were very understanding and so was the management.
I had an excellent rapport with my management, partners and also clients.
EY is a very good place to work in and I miss being there.
The challenging part was when I had to manage a lot of requests along with other duties. However, I just had to prioritise my work and as the team was supportive, the work didn't seem difficult.
Being a part of EY for over 11 years, I acquired a lot of knowledge specially improved my Customer Service skills, my phone manners, computer skills, learnt to use new software over the years.
Overall, it was a happy, memorable experience working at EY.
Pros
flexibility, team work, friendly environment
Cons
construction of light rail causing a lot of disruption in the area
Too much office politics
Taxation Manager (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast2 November 2018
Very heavy work load and timelines with little opportunity to enjoy work.Too much office politics and lack of leadership from old management who were very much behind the times and lacking in technical knowledge.
Pros
Cons
too much work
One of the worst organisations I have ever worked for.
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW9 September 2018
Three key points:
1) Horrible team culture
2) Poor staff leaving process (Salary / dues not paid on time at the staff exit for weeks)
3) Overworked staff with very low morale.
Pros
Diverse work experience
Cons
Poor culture at the top
Terrible
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 August 2018
Bosses were bullies, very sexist, they were never happy with anything I did. They picked on everything I did. Sometimes didn't speak to me, very spoilt men who are used to getting everything they want. That place was a pressure pit, everyone was heads down the whole time. No one socialised or god forbid told a joke, there was no joking, no fun, no banter, nothing, it was like working in factory. It was the worst job I ever took, thank god i left, never again.
Pros
nothing, oh new offices
Cons
open plan sucks, partners need major adjustment
N/a
Advisory Consultant (Risk) (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC29 July 2018
Great place, intelligent colleagues and lots to learn.
Location is close to lots of good food and nice bars.
Culture pushes you to be the best person you can be.
Interesting work but unacceptable hours
Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC10 July 2018
The Big Four culture revolves around getting work done no matter what and tends to lead to a poor work life balance. The work can be challenging and interesting, and there is little doubt that you can gain great experience and work with talented individuals. However, I think the lack of work life balance and sometimes a sense of lack of support kills the working environment - certainly for me. Not worth the salary.
Pros
Interesting work
Great place
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD6 June 2018
Learnt a lot at EY. Teams are built on integrity and lead by some of the best in the business. Hours aren't great but it's better to work and learn than work and not learn.
Amazing diversified experience in corporate finance
Consultant, Transaction Advisory Services (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD12 April 2018
I have been gaining very diversified experience in corporate finance, business modelling and finance analysis in health, agriculture, mining and recycling industries.
I have managed to develop the skills in project and time management.
A dynamic workplace
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC19 March 2018
A dynamic and fun workplace where your learning is supercharged. Get to work is very experienced and sharp people at various levels and business lines.
Excelent Offices
Senior Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Distrito Federal27 February 2018
Best place to work, the only problem are the late nights projects, that need to be finsihi in less tan a day, or when you have closing periods and the client doesnt cares about the people in the firm and send the documents on the last minute and the work needs to be done for the following day.
Pros
Excelent atmosphere
Cons
A lot of late nights
EY Was a great place to work with people from diverse cultures
Australia, Audit Senior (Former Employee) –  Sydney, Australia8 December 2017
A typical day at work involved working at client's sites unless during reporting and review stages whereby these were finalized in the office and any planning meetings with the team including the engagement principals or partners would happen in the office. Other administrative aspects of the job would also happen in the office although we had enablers such as modems and hence one could easily do timesheets and other administrative aspects or work related issues from client's sites or from home if it is past office hours.
Pros
Great working culture with team work and promoting cultural diversity.
Cons
time constraints with strict reporting deadlines with certain clients.
Great work experience
Penetration Tester - Full-time (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC20 November 2017
- Opportunity to encounter various types of target applications, frameworks and networks.

- Nature of the tasks involved in each engagement is dynamic. Knowledge and skills in dealing with different tools and techniques are developed and expanded throughout each engagement.

- The team is friendly and helpful; at the same time the works are carried out professionally and efficiently.
Get exposed and learn from team members
Accounts Payable Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 November 2017
Ernest and You Audit Firm is one of the best audit firm among the Four big Audit firms in Ghana.Workers are very focus .Honesty,Trust,Integrity,faithfulness is their hall mark
Pros
learn new ideas and skills on each audit
Cons
sometimes closes late
Excellent place to learn and work as a team
Senior Auditor (Former Employee) –  Lima27 October 2017
I have an extensive background in assurance service. I worked for five years at Ernst&Young (EY Peru). I started as a trainee and then I was promoted as a senior of financial audit. During this time I gained experience in nearly every aspect to deliver exceptional client service and well as proactively engage in business development opportunities to assist in the growth of the practice. I work my best under pressure and believe I would thrive in your team’s fast-paced environment. Working at EY Peru, I grew accustomed to meet the deadlines and reach the goal with my team work.
Pros
Learning and opportuny to be promoted
Make yourself liked
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD17 October 2017
Work hard, play hard, be known. Get around and talk. Make people happy. Get the job done fast and cheap. You will be loved. Only the craziest rise to the top.
Otima empresa para trabalhar
Board Assistent (Former Employee) –  Sydney Australia9 October 2017
Ambiente muito agradavel e harmonioso, os gestores sao otimos.
Pros
Nada a declarar
Cons
Nada a declarar
Exposure to Challenging Projects
Transfer Pricing Analyst - International Tax (Former Employee) –  Perth WA7 October 2017
Excellent exposure to challenging projects however the pay was not comensurate with the level of responsibility assumed and intellectual skills that the individual provided.
Pros
Friday drinks and christmas party
Cons
Competitive culture
a very good company
Market Researcher (Former Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW15 June 2017
it's my great honor to work in EY SWEENEY even though it is only a shift job, they treat us very well. I am very new to sydney Australia, through this job, I make some new friends and look around Sydney, a very unforgettable experience!
Great professional development
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW10 June 2017
It's been a great career move being part of a global organisation that is leading the way for change and acceptance in the workforce. I have learnt many things over the years with EY both professsionally and personally all of which have helped to shape the EA I am today. Given the firms global locations it has allowed me to liaise with numerous people from all corners of the world.
Pros
Valued employee
Cons
The travel
Great company to work for
Senior Tax Consultant (Current Employee) –  Canberra, Australia7 May 2017
EY has a great corporate culture with a strong focus on diversity, high perfomance teams and quality. The firms management offer a range of opportunities to suit people with varying interests. Working in tax, I had a high amount of client exposure and each day was different.
Pros
People and management
Cons
Occasionally high pressure environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EY. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K