Factorie
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Factorie Employee Reviews

Australia63 reviews
I typically worked weekends which were the busier days of the week. I enjoyed being given responsibility at a younger age of just 17 to open and close the store, as well as working with a team who I created a great bond with. I enjoyed going to work and meeting the targets set by head office. This was made much easier because I enjoy fashion and people. My managers were always so encouraging and provided good feedback which also made me enjoy coming to work each day. The difficult part of the job was when we did not meet targets, but my manager was always a positive person who encouraged us to pick ourselves up and aim to reach the next target.
The most enjoyable thing about factories was the discounts and all .. not enough friendly staff. This is all I have to say. They really need to pick their staff wisely as their not the best staff to work with .. their all to fake.
We get to learn many things and get to add new skill on our arsenals. People there are so friendly and supportive and at work we motivate eachother to work hard and i have learn how to be a team player.
I love working for this company! The perks, the people, its all so rewarding, and I truly enjoy and look forward to working the shifts I'm given! Couldn't recommend working here more!
This place absolutely horrible. one of the most unorganised companies I have ever worked for. they never had anything on time, the manger was a racist and homophobic to the girls who were dating in our team. they never knew what anyone was doing to communication sucked there. they should be embarrassed to even call themselves a business
Worked with a cultural team. communication skills and helping customer with products. Computer skills development for future career. fashion industry and photography has always been my main perspective and future development. Factorie career has succeeded with my career pathway.
Greeting, selling, stock, talking culture, music.
Extra management skills/ More about charity.

Hardest part, no security from theft.

The people, fashion, culture.
The staff was lovely and hardworking. It was a wonderful work environment. I received great hours and shift when I was working at factorie and was able to get the hours I was after.
loved working for them, great challenges, alot of important life skills and retail skills learnt, amazing people, amazing clothing, work feels like family!
Everyone I met there was really sweet and I especially looked up to the manager and senior staff. Work was organised and I always had a job to do while on shift. Staff helped me learn to work and learn the Shop layout to best perform my duties
Pros
Discount items
Cons
Nowhere to sit
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Factorie?
A typical day at Factorie is very quiet, but is an enjoyable workplace. The management team are very fair, nice and responsible. The most enjoyable thing about working at Factorie is the satisfaction of helping customers find what they want, and also completing visual merchandising. The hardest part of the job would be having to deal with thieves and the abuse they dish out.
Pros
Amazing benefits, nice co-workers
Cons
Lots of theft
Working at Factorie was a good job. Awesome staff benefits with clothing discounts. There is a lot of effort made to support team members from Head Office through the initiatives but more could be done for retail staff
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
salary not the best
great place to work, work progression was difficult as they hire a lot from out sourcing. the give lots of oppurtinites to show case what you know though.
Pros
discounts
Cons
work progression
Factorie gives you the opportunity to start as a Christmas casual and move up in the company to a casual and then onto a 2IC and eventually store manager. You also have the flexibility to work across other brands.
Serving Customers, unpacking stock and creating a display. Engaging with customers and also staff members. Good workplace culture. Best part about working at factorie would have been the environment and staff
A typical day at work consisted of going over the budget goals and basic housekeeping, then jumping straight into floor work. Greeting customers was a must - we were always encouraged to drop what we were doing and greet customers.

I learned to be aware of my surroundings at all times, the importance of a positive attitude, patience, how to multi-task, how to deal under pressure.

Management was helpful but at times overbearing. Budget goals were often too high for the amount of foot traffic we were getting in store.

The hardest part of the job was trying to meet daily budget when there wasn't enough customers looking to buy anything - even with great customer service.

the most enjoyable part of the job was when customers loved what outfits I had put together and literally bought my entire outfit, or when we had customers who were really happy about their purchase.
I only worked at Factorie as a Christmas Casual. Although it was a short period of time, I did manage to learn management skills, working as a team to reach a goal for the day and providing assistance for customers needing help. The most enjoyable part working at Factorie was the customers. I always tried my best to help the customers whether it was helping them pick an outfit or a size for them.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Only worked there for a short period of time.
Working at Factorie was great, the people/ team that you meet there become like a family to you- in times of crisis we were all there for each other. My team was the happiest and best group of people that i had the privilege of working with. Sadly head office never took our complaints about management seriously causing work to no longer be as fun as it used to be. We had to take alot of responsibility into our own hands because no one would step in and defend our team when we needed it most.
Pros
Great Discounts
Cons
Long Hours
A typical day would be stressful and long. Hardest part was staying positive knowing the standards that was needed was almost impossible to reach, At any point of the day someone high up could walk in ready to critique. Best part was working with lovely team members and the discount.
Pros
discount, lovely team
Cons
stressful, unprofessional
I went to have an interview at the winter garden store for the manager position, I felt like it wasn’t very professional. They didn’t write anything down, I wasn’t very comfortable at all. The interview went on for 15 minutes, and I felt like I wasn’t taken very seriously.
The Cotton On brand is very much lacking. People break all sorts of rules plus get bullied and they pretty much do nothing about it. They don't sack people and you can get away with heaps. No rules are respected or abided by and they don't care. No real strength in COG which makes a horrible place to be!!
Pros
Store discounts
Cons
Too much to do with not enough budget to spend on staff