Factorie Employee Reviews

Really Good friends
Customer service, Stock Management (Former Employee) –  Charlestown NSW26 March 2019
Everyone I met there was really sweet and I especially looked up to the manager and senior staff. Work was organised and I always had a job to do while on shift. Staff helped me learn to work and learn the Shop layout to best perform my duties
Pros
Discount items
Cons
Nowhere to sit
Dreadful
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 January 2019
Area management team are all bullies. Many times I left the store in tears because I was made to feel so horrible. One week our region missed budget by the tiniest amount BUT it was somehow my fault that this happened even though I was the only store in the region to make monthly budget? got told because I was a male , I didn't know how to sell properly
Pros
The Cotton on group is great, just not the factorie stores
Cons
long hours, expected free overtime, being gossiped about by area manager
Working at Factorie
Global Retail Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Geelong VIC6 January 2019
Working at Factorie was a good job. Awesome staff benefits with clothing discounts. There is a lot of effort made to support team members from Head Office through the initiatives but more could be done for retail staff
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
salary not the best
productive fun place
Manager (Former Employee) –  melbourne central29 December 2018
great place to work, work progression was difficult as they hire a lot from out sourcing. the give lots of oppurtinites to show case what you know though.
Pros
discounts
Cons
work progression
Great company
Retail Team Member (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC19 November 2018
Factorie gives you the opportunity to start as a Christmas casual and move up in the company to a casual and then onto a 2IC and eventually store manager. You also have the flexibility to work across other brands.
Productive and Fun workplace
Casual sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Launceston TAS4 September 2018
Serving Customers, unpacking stock and creating a display. Engaging with customers and also staff members. Good workplace culture. Best part about working at factorie would have been the environment and staff
A good first job
Casual Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Highpoint Shopping Centre VIC23 August 2018
A typical day at work consisted of going over the budget goals and basic housekeeping, then jumping straight into floor work. Greeting customers was a must - we were always encouraged to drop what we were doing and greet customers.

I learned to be aware of my surroundings at all times, the importance of a positive attitude, patience, how to multi-task, how to deal under pressure.

Management was helpful but at times overbearing. Budget goals were often too high for the amount of foot traffic we were getting in store.

The hardest part of the job was trying to meet daily budget when there wasn't enough customers looking to buy anything - even with great customer service.

the most enjoyable part of the job was when customers loved what outfits I had put together and literally bought my entire outfit, or when we had customers who were really happy about their purchase.
Working as a team.
Retail Sales Assistant (Christmas Casual) (Former Employee) –  Liverpool NSW6 July 2018
I only worked at Factorie as a Christmas Casual. Although it was a short period of time, I did manage to learn management skills, working as a team to reach a goal for the day and providing assistance for customers needing help. The most enjoyable part working at Factorie was the customers. I always tried my best to help the customers whether it was helping them pick an outfit or a size for them.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Only worked there for a short period of time.
I loved it
Sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Canberra ACT23 June 2018
Working at Factorie was great, the people/ team that you meet there become like a family to you- in times of crisis we were all there for each other. My team was the happiest and best group of people that i had the privilege of working with. Sadly head office never took our complaints about management seriously causing work to no longer be as fun as it used to be. We had to take alot of responsibility into our own hands because no one would step in and defend our team when we needed it most.
Pros
Great Discounts
Cons
Long Hours
Wonderful team but a stressful environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Joondalup WA3 June 2018
A typical day would be stressful and long. Hardest part was staying positive knowing the standards that was needed was almost impossible to reach, At any point of the day someone high up could walk in ready to critique. Best part was working with lovely team members and the discount.
Pros
discount, lovely team
Cons
stressful, unprofessional
Management interview for store in Brisbane CBD
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 April 2018
I went to have an interview at the winter garden store for the manager position, I felt like it wasn’t very professional. They didn’t write anything down, I wasn’t very comfortable at all. The interview went on for 15 minutes, and I felt like I wasn’t taken very seriously.
Good atmosphere with a good vibe.
2IC Manager (Former Employee) –  Joondalup WA6 February 2018
The Cotton On brand is very much lacking. People break all sorts of rules plus get bullied and they pretty much do nothing about it. They don't sack people and you can get away with heaps. No rules are respected or abided by and they don't care. No real strength in COG which makes a horrible place to be!!
Pros
Store discounts
Cons
Too much to do with not enough budget to spend on staff
Fun and productive day at work
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Cranbourne VIC23 January 2018
The workplace is a very diverse environment, employees are very welcoming and good to work with. What I enjoyed the most about the job is meeting new people and learning something new everyday, the trust in the workplace is good, everyone got along and worked well together and completed tasks that were meant to be done.
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough shifts and hours
great people far too reactive
REGIONAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC7 January 2018
Factorie has a great team of people and culture. management is however stuck in its ways and is far too reactive with operations.
the roster its rigid for both managers and regionals. there are many ways that Factorie could improve however senior management will not take on anyones opinions.
Pros
people
Cons
poor salary long hours
Fun workplace with a great group of people. Great workplace environment with room to grow in the company.
Manager - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD2 November 2017
The workplace culture at Factorie is like no other and is very fun for all employees. A typical day at work consists of customer service, replenishing stock levels and work as a team to meet KPI's/budgets.The most enjoyable part of the job is bonding with your work team and making sales and the hardest part of the job would be having a better work/life balance. Overall, It's a great place to start out in retail and the management is really good.
Pros
Great discounts on clothes from all brands in the company.
Cons
Long shifts without covers.
Good vibe
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD24 August 2017
Easy company to work for, strict outlines and rules that do benefit the overall customer experience. Great co workers, the only issue was getting enough hours and a set regular roster
Travail chez Factorie en Australie à Mebourne
Vendeuse (Former Employee) –  australie7 July 2017
Il y avait en premier lieu un débriefing sur la journée d'hier (nombre de clients, chiffre d'affaires réalisé etc). Ensuite, le manager me donne son fonds de caisse afin de le recompter pour voir s'il y a bien le compte.

j'étais ensuite affectée à différents postes dans la journée. travail en caisse, de la vente (proposer de l'aide au client et être disponible à leurs demandes), de la remise en rayon des produits, ranger le magasin,.

Je changeais de poste toutes les heures. Je pouvais faire de la caisse pendant plusieurs heures. C'est un responsable qui venait me voir et qui me changeait de caisse ou qui me disait quel était mon nouveau poste.

A la fin de mon service, dans les coulisses, je comptais l'argent de la caisse.
Pros
Bonne ambiance et esprit de travail
Good team with bad product.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Point Cook VIC14 May 2017
Factorie is a hard sell in fashion in general since it's not great quality clothing, a pre teen version of Cotton On with badly made rip offs of trends from several months ago. You'll tend to get many adults returning stuff on a Monday morning after discovering their child/niece or nephew won't wear the stuff they bought from the store.
Pros
Okay pay with an okay team.
Cons
You will be blamed for KPI's being low on a day where it's prevalent to return items.
Enjoyable Workplace
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD23 April 2017
When working at Factorie you are surrounded by great people with great energy. Working with the customers is always fun and the benefits of this job are great.
Fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shepparton VIC21 April 2017
Fun environment with really lovely co workers, sick clothes and loved dressing up for work, would love to work here or any of the cotton on groups again.