Fairfield City Council
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Fairfield City Council Employee Reviews

Australia16 reviews
- It was a collaborative environment where people got together and discussed the projects/improvements of the Fairfield area.
- I learned that individual work is important, but prioritising other members of the council is much more important.
My time at FCC taught me alot in customer service and Business support. The working conditions were comfortable and management was easy to work with. It was a very busy environment
Pros
Great people
Cons
I love the details pertaining to my job.

I wish that I could market externally more to allow more potential prospects see what a great product and service we have to offer.Giving back to the business and local community is important and it makes my drive more ambitious.
The job allowed me to develop and deliver pograms that were beneficial to the commuity. I found the work very enjoyable and rewarding.
Being a community based job I was able to interact with families from diverse backgrounds and intergrate them into the community.
I had bad experience with FCC as they did not have good processes and management is almost non existing
my manager was like a dictator and did not have any building knowledge the only focus was how to put people down and talk behind their back
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
working as a slave
If you are a trade qualified horticulturist, please don't apply for a job here. The guys in the mowing crews resent any new staff member that comes along and they will go out of their way to make your time there difficult. Ever wonder why the THREE gardeners jobs are vacant so often? Work there for a few weeks and you will know... They let good, intelligent staff be bullied out the door by a bunch of moronic neanderthals. I saw it happen twice. Some don't even finish the first week.
Pros
You'll get over it eventually...
Cons
Toxic culture of bullying and harassment
I learned a lot while my time at Fairfield city council. I attended several training sessions to improve myself. The management is really friendly, especially my supervisor who offers overtime every week and push everyone to get more training to improve and achieve more.
Benefits
Cons
job security
This local government entity is dedicated and consistent to providing a quality product and service to the residents of its controlled LGA.
Most employees and volunteers are exceptionally diligent in their roles and provide unparred efforts to maintain the quality assurance that is notably present within the council.

They are among only a few of the councils that proved itself as successful in the 'fit for the future' initiative that saw many NSW imaugamated as a means to clean up the system, and continues to meet and surpass the expectations and requirements of this mass audit action.

They gave me the opportunity to not only complete my trade to an exceptional level, but also to feel an overwhelming sense of belonging and purpose among the many other great people, locals and colleagues that make up the city that I have grown rather fond of. This is, in part due to the warmth, growth and development that Fairfield City and its local government sector has shown myself and many others.

Spoken in confidence and admiration, regards,

Anders
Pros
Culture, structure, benefits, security, opportunity for growth
Cons
Nothing to date
Clearly a great working environment that all staff work as a Team. Would luv to be a part of a company that has goals in both customer service and quality
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Dealing with self implored staff
Assemble in the Parks & Gardens Shed at: 06:45 and Sign Attendance Register. Collect your Vehicle Keys and Log Book.
See Trades Coordinator to establish if there is any Urgent Work that needs immediate attention, or apply T/C directives.

Carry out Vehicle Check and Drive to Job Location.

Lesson: Be Flexible and Adapt to Cuurent Directives.

Management are there to Direct Affairs for the best outcome.

Establish and maintain a Good working relationship with co-workers.

Hardest part of the job is to pack up your Gear in the middle of a job and head off to an Emergency Call, all to discover that it might have been a Vandal's Prank.

Most enjoyable part of the job is to complete the job to the Satisfaction of the Customer in the anticipated Time Frame.
Pros
BBQ for Good Performance by the Unit every so often.
Cons
Performance Discipline is very Strict.
I love Fairfield City Council it was a great part of my life...

I was employed by them for over 31 years, unfortunately with the threat of amalgamations of councils looming they decided to close the store and opt for JTT (just in time) delivery services which meant they no longer needed a store, when places like Bunnings could hold our stock and deliver to any site when required
Pros
Great people
Cons
Too much red tape and bureaucracy
Dedicated workplace with like minded colleagues. Lots of researching and converting data into readable content was involved.
having work experince at fairfield city council is friendly environmental place
I am required to undertake a wide range of activities including management of accounts payable, preparation of service plans, performance mweasures, review and development of policies, development of Enterprise Risk Management Strategies and framework, preparation of tenders, assist, as substitute Returning Officer, with running of Local Government Election.
-a typical day at work was that i had to wake up early to go, and it was hard for me,was really tiring, but after i got use too it.
-my co-workers were really nice and joy full

-their wasn't any hard part of the job because they gave me a simple task to do, to experience more

-the enjoyable part was that my co-workers were always doing jokes when we all have lunch, we also travel around to different location to help repair
A typical day at work at Fairfield City Council, Face to face Customer service telephone inquiries cash balancing Development application and general local government assistant Justice of the peace assistant, I have learn at Fairfield City Council, from in work training in local government. Management consistent, Co-workers team work orientated . The hardest part of the job in Fairfield City Council would of been Rude Customers, but dealt in a professional manner.The most enjoyable part of the Job was to be given the opportunity to organise and established the grand opening of a Ware Street Office in the Fairfield CBD.
Pros
on work training to achieve and advance position in local Government