Fantastic Furniture
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Fantastic Furniture Employee Reviews

Australia86 reviews
Was an ok job while working part time and studying. Not a place I wanted to stay. Staff were great. Management not so much as it caused major problems with our store and soured the work culture. Apart from that, if you love retail and big mid year and christmas parties. This is a job for you.
Loved working with this company and I would have stayed if I could have moved to Monday to Friday work. But they couldn't accommodate it so I moved on
The company has a family feel and a very supportive culture. Plenty of opportunity for advancement and leadership training. I enjoyed my time at fantastic and would highly recommend this employer
Overall my experience with this company was alright, the people you work with are good, but the management staff need to lift there game. You get to meet some amazing people from other stores.
Great management team and fun place to work at. Enjoyed every minute whilst working there. As this was my first retail job I learnt a lot about customer service, KPIs and sales.
The management as Fantastic Furniture were very reliable and organised. A day work wouldn't be as stressful as the work is pretty straight forward. I would recommend this job to any person wanting to get a first job after high school.
I loved that not every day was the same and you were challenged in a good way to improve yourself. I also loved interacting with the customers and having fun
I love the work, the people and overall the business. The environment is great, a friendly team whom have a small amount of competition but are always up for a laugh.
Very competitive. Hard to swap shifts. Management were difficult at times. Hours were very long. Opening hours and closing hours were debatable. . Not being payed for Sundays ans nights etc was not acceptable. Trying to get commission was very hard and unrealistic.
ADVISE TO EVERYONE!! DONT NOT APPLY AS WAREHOUSE!!
The sales team pay has increased to warehouse team pay. Warehouse team does 10x more work than sales. When I first started I really enjoyed the job then after a year things started to change. I saw the real side of fraudastic furniture. THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT SALES TEAM. The warehouse team is the back bone of every store in fantastic furniture and they get treated very badly and the company act like they don’t exist
The team manager was not being fair and also team manager was not cooperative towards the work that was being given by him. The team
Manager doesn’t only Give you one job to do but while you working on it he’ll switch you to another job while the other job is still being in progress. It was not the right work environment for me so I had to leave the job.
Management is great, positive atmosphere and the ability to work your way up and earn more as you learn. Workplace culture is inclusive and fun - you get your certificate 3 in retail from working here also.
I have loved working for Fantastic Furniture and they have been so incredibly accommodating during my pregnancy and maternity leave, then coming back to work. I have enjoyed all time with my coworkers and we have truly created our own family.
great people, professional atmosphere and management is really understanding. from the moment i got there they made me feel welcome and would recommend this job to my friends and family.
Pros
bonus pay
Cons
annoying customers
Lots of incentives to progress in company if you desire to do so.
High quality training opportunities for all staff.

Great Christmas parties and staff events every year.
Absolutely terrible. Understaffed, health and safety nightmare in the storeroom. Management were unprofessional. This is the worst job I have ever had. I left after 6 weeks. Avoid at all costs!
Pros
Cons
Very low wages and exploitation
Fantastic furniture is full of hardworking people with a great management team who have a passion for what they do. Fantastic furniture is run by a CEO who cares for its workers and its place of business.
There was always one team member who management felt they weren't performing or they simply didn't like, who they'd gossip about to the entire team or focus on getting fired. Could easily be considered workplace bullying or harassment. At the start of my employment, I was baited with questions, allowing them to complain or gossip further. I recently left because I disliked the culture and I felt I was the next in line, feeling enough was enough.

We were constantly reminded of our flaws and lack of performance rather than celebrating achievements. Instead of providing additional training or providing constructive help, they'd label you a problem, write you off, and proceed to create a case to kick you out the door, because that was the easiest choice for them. The area manager would even recommend that you leave whilst you still had the choice to do so.

Fed up, I and other members of staff were accused of being "The Problems of the store", as said to us by the regional manager, because we did not agree with the culture that management had created. It became a very negative environment with the store split into two, Management vs Staff. Management became unapproachable, with no empathy or care for anything or anyone. Everything was made to be a personal attack against them, rather than the constructive feedback that it was. They were right, you were wrong. It was like bashing your head against a brick wall, Pointless.

Work/Life balance was a joke. There was absolutely no way of forward planning your life as at times you'd only have 3 days left on your current roster,
 - more...
Pros
Staff Discounts
Cons
Management, Rosters, No Penalties, Some Unreachable Incentives for Regional Stores, Store Culture.
Focused on the fun culture while still working hard and getting results. Hands on management role where developing and training the team is key to your success.
Pros
Great bonus structure
After being trained in Burleigh where everything was amazing, the team, the fun, the work ethic, the love, the management everything! To then coming to the The mackay store where the team are okay. However the management of the Mackay store need to be fixed. They have no empathy and no care for their employees. It’s just work, work work. Myself and another employee left not long after due to the management. Probably more have left as well since then. I remember the team didn’t get along very well and everyone talked behind people’s back. Wouldn’t recommend working at the MACKAY store.
Pros
Generous Staff discounts and not every store is like this!
Cons
Almost everything. Not the best pay for the amount of work you are required to do etc.
I held high hopes for this position but had to resign after 4 months. It may be different in other stores, but the work culture in the store I worked in was hostile. Because you aren’t paid penalty rates competition for sales is fierce and people will steal your sales. Commission was good at Christmas time, but dies off during the year. Even if you are an exceptional sales person, the shortfall between commission and what you should be paid in penalty rates does not add up. As a permanent part time employee I was required to work all weekend, public holidays and extra hours when full time staff were sick or on leave. I had a great assistant manager in the first few months and the work culture was fun and productive, but he resigned when the regular store manager returned from leave and the atmosphere changed drastically. It may be different in other stores, but my experience in this store was not a pleasant one. Had I known, I would not have taken the job.
Pros
Has the makings of being an enjoyable place to work, but depends on which store you work in.
Cons
Low pay, No penalty rates, Highly competitive for sales, No work/life balance. Overly complicated computer system, A lot is expected from you for little reward.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fantastic Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.