Fantastic Furniture
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Fantastic Furniture Employee Reviews

Very hard, challenging, no forklifts, short staffed most of the time so all the workload was on the rest of us, had to do the best we can for whatever tools we had.
Pros
Cheap furniture
Cons
Short staffed
Worst Job I've ever had.Promised the world, advancement, poor health and safety measures, the workplace did not even have a proper unloading dock, Worksafe would have a heart attack seeing it, how this company operates is beyond me.No access to toilets without moving pallets.Evacuation route in storeroom blocked.The most unprofessional outfit I've ever seen.A circus.
Terrible company to work for. Management is horrible and staff are bullies and management does nothing about it. If you want to have panic attacks everyday Fantastic Furniture is perfect for you.
Pros
Cons
Management, staff, everything
I actually look forward to my scheduled shifts as we all have so much fun!Staff really have become my second family, management are so understanding & accommodating when family emergencies pop up unexpectedly.
Pros
excellent work?life balance
Cons
none really
I would never recommended to work for this place it is full of people who stab you in the back and don’t do there work. Management is absolutely terrible says you can talk to them about anything but as soon as you do nothing is done about it. The role itself I loved but the environment and all the staff especially the manager are not ideal. The Mackay store needs a massive wake up and call, treat people how you like to be treated.
Pros
Job itself was great
Cons
Management and staff
Fantastic furniture Rockhampton has a lot of issues that never get fix and health and safety.Management is joke should not have been given the job role.
Pros
If your into getting a cake for birthday lol
Cons
Management don't care about health and safety
I was with the company for a short period of time but did take on a lot. Great management, easy system to follow (retail sales department). Awesome employee incentives and benefits.
Pros
Incentives
Loved working with this company and I would have stayed if I could have moved to Monday to Friday work. But they couldn't accommodate it so I moved on
The company has a family feel and a very supportive culture. Plenty of opportunity for advancement and leadership training. I enjoyed my time at fantastic and would highly recommend this employer
Was an ok job while working part time and studying. Not a place I wanted to stay. Staff were great. Management not so much as it caused major problems with our store and soured the work culture. Apart from that, if you love retail and big mid year and christmas parties. This is a job for you.
Overall my experience with this company was alright, the people you work with are good, but the management staff need to lift there game. You get to meet some amazing people from other stores.
Great management team and fun place to work at. Enjoyed every minute whilst working there. As this was my first retail job I learnt a lot about customer service, KPIs and sales.
The management as Fantastic Furniture were very reliable and organised. A day work wouldn't be as stressful as the work is pretty straight forward. I would recommend this job to any person wanting to get a first job after high school.
I loved that not every day was the same and you were challenged in a good way to improve yourself. I also loved interacting with the customers and having fun
I love the work, the people and overall the business. The environment is great, a friendly team whom have a small amount of competition but are always up for a laugh.
Very competitive. Hard to swap shifts. Management were difficult at times. Hours were very long. Opening hours and closing hours were debatable. . Not being payed for Sundays ans nights etc was not acceptable. Trying to get commission was very hard and unrealistic.
ADVISE TO EVERYONE!! DONT NOT APPLY AS WAREHOUSE!! The sales team pay has increased to warehouse team pay. Warehouse team does 10x more work than sales. When I first started I really enjoyed the job then after a year things started to change. I saw the real side of fraudastic furniture. THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT SALES TEAM. The warehouse team is the back bone of every store in fantastic furniture and they get treated very badly and the company act like they don’t exist
The team manager was not being fair and also team manager was not cooperative towards the work that was being given by him. The team Manager doesn’t only Give you one job to do but while you working on it he’ll switch you to another job while the other job is still being in progress. It was not the right work environment for me so I had to leave the job.
Management is great, positive atmosphere and the ability to work your way up and earn more as you learn. Workplace culture is inclusive and fun - you get your certificate 3 in retail from working here also.
I have loved working for Fantastic Furniture and they have been so incredibly accommodating during my pregnancy and maternity leave, then coming back to work. I have enjoyed all time with my coworkers and we have truly created our own family.
great people, professional atmosphere and management is really understanding. from the moment i got there they made me feel welcome and would recommend this job to my friends and family.
Pros
bonus pay
Cons
annoying customers