Fantastic Furniture Employee Reviews

Easy place to work
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  South Nowra NSW 254122 May 2019
Lots of incentives to progress in company if you desire to do so.
High quality training opportunities for all staff.
Great Christmas parties and staff events every year.
Worst job ever!
Storeman (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC15 May 2019
Absolutely terrible. Understaffed, health and safety nightmare in the storeroom. Management were unprofessional. This is the worst job I have ever had. I left after 6 weeks. Avoid at all costs!
Pros
Cons
Very low wages and exploitation
hard work and fun people
dispatch (Former Employee) –  Fairfield East NSW28 April 2019
Fantastic furniture is full of hardworking people with a great management team who have a passion for what they do. Fantastic furniture is run by a CEO who cares for its workers and its place of business.
Started fantastically, until I noticed what was going on....
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ballarat VIC8 February 2019
There was always one team member who management felt they weren't performing or they simply didn't like, who they'd gossip about to the entire team or focus on getting fired. Could easily be considered workplace bullying or harassment. At the start of my employment, I was baited with questions, allowing them to complain or gossip further. I recently left because I disliked the culture and I felt I was the next in line, feeling enough was enough.

We were constantly reminded of our flaws and lack of performance rather than celebrating achievements. Instead of providing additional training or providing constructive help, they'd label you a problem, write you off, and proceed to create a case to kick you out the door, because that was the easiest choice for them. The area manager would even recommend that you leave whilst you still had the choice to do so.

Fed up, I and other members of staff were accused of being "The Problems of the store", as said to us by the regional manager, because we did not agree with the culture that management had created. It became a very negative environment with the store split into two, Management vs Staff. Management became unapproachable, with no empathy or care for anything or anyone. Everything was made to be a personal attack against them, rather than the constructive feedback that it was. They were right, you were wrong. It was like bashing your head against a brick wall, Pointless.

Work/Life balance was a joke. There was absolutely no way of forward planning your life as at times you'd only have 3 days left on your current roster,
  more... that changed every single week, with no consistency. Again, I felt management were unapproachable regarding rosters. The budgets and incentives were tailored to metro stores, making them difficult to achieve in a regional store. It was the same expectations across the board, with no leniency for needing to complete larger tasks outside of your usual day to day jobs.

Fantastic pay NO penalty rates, and they have their own award that undercuts the retail award, meaning no leave or time in lieu for working public holidays either, unless you've worked 4 in a year.

The Ballarat store makes you feel welcomed and are nice to you, to begin with, but at some point they will show their true colors. They do not care about the personal wellbeing of their staff. This store has a terrible culture and will continue to do so until the management is provided with a major reality check. Providing additional training to management may ease tensions, but I believe they are and will always be stuck in their ways.

I recently removed a similar review because I felt I was perhaps being cynical and/or over exaggerating. I also felt that I would be harassed and/or verbally attacked knowing the irrational emotion of the store manager. After rethinking this through, I believe the above is a fair representation of the flaws and issues that the Ballarat store face and they will continue to be so unless something is bought to the attention of the company.
Pros
Staff Discounts
Cons
Management, Rosters, No Penalties, Some Unreachable Incentives for Regional Stores, Store Culture.
Fun and energetic place to work
Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 February 2019
Focused on the fun culture while still working hard and getting results. Hands on management role where developing and training the team is key to your success.
Pros
Great bonus structure
Bad management and team
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mackay QLD28 January 2019
After being trained in Burleigh where everything was amazing, the team, the fun, the work ethic, the love, the management everything! To then coming to the The mackay store where the team are okay. However the management of the Mackay store need to be fixed. They have no empathy and no care for their employees. It’s just work, work work. Myself and another employee left not long after due to the management. Probably more have left as well since then. I remember the team didn’t get along very well and everyone talked behind people’s back. Wouldn’t recommend working at the MACKAY store.
Pros
Generous Staff discounts and not every store is like this!
Cons
Almost everything. Not the best pay for the amount of work you are required to do etc.
Dissapointing
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maroochydore QLD19 January 2019
I held high hopes for this position but had to resign after 4 months. It may be different in other stores, but the work culture in the store I worked in was hostile. Because you aren’t paid penalty rates competition for sales is fierce and people will steal your sales. Commission was good at Christmas time, but dies off during the year. Even if you are an exceptional sales person, the shortfall between commission and what you should be paid in penalty rates does not add up. As a permanent part time employee I was required to work all weekend, public holidays and extra hours when full time staff were sick or on leave. I had a great assistant manager in the first few months and the work culture was fun and productive, but he resigned when the regular store manager returned from leave and the atmosphere changed drastically. It may be different in other stores, but my experience in this store was not a pleasant one. Had I known, I would not have taken the job.
Pros
Has the makings of being an enjoyable place to work, but depends on which store you work in.
Cons
Low pay, No penalty rates, Highly competitive for sales, No work/life balance. Overly complicated computer system, A lot is expected from you for little reward.
great place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bendigo VIC2 December 2018
Fantastic Furniture was a fun and exciting place to work, everyone got along and had fun with each other.
I learnt how to talk to people that were aggressive and management helped when ever they could, we had lunch supplied by management every Friday as a show of appreciation, and we were always able to count on each other to help when ever needed.
productive good workplace alot of team workers
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Osborne Park WA12 November 2018
fun exiting physical work it was good we moved around for delevering despatch work friendly work mates alot of lifting good to keep in shape bosses are friendly with an open minded
Pros
good people
Cons
no overtime
Unsupportive
Person (Former Employee) –  FF4 November 2018
unsupportive area manager,
very quick to judge performance based on hearsay,not actual results,
HR swayed by similar, no time for listening to the little people
I would like to rejoin the team at Fantastic Furniture
Customer Service Champion (Former Employee) –  Moorabbin VIC20 August 2018
I enjoyed a very close community of staff at the store Moorabbin.
We helped and relied on one and other. The store experienced IT problems and a change of manangement which prompted many resignations. The whole team were newly employed. This would be why we were so close. Was a great environment to work in. Management were very helpful and offered much support where and whenever needed.
Pros
Good Training oportunities
Cons
Low wages
Fun and Great instore Culture
Store Manager - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW28 July 2018
Love the culture in store, the team I work with are awesome and they are like a family away from my family. We all work together to make the store the best it can be for us and our customer's whilst having Fun.

Training Programs are great and FF have really improved on there developments in there teams members.

Great instore Staff Discounts.
Pros
Awesome People to Work With
Cons
Expectation of Role compared to Salary
It is a FANTASTIC place to work for. :)
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Castle Hill NSW19 July 2018
I started as a Sale Team Member 2.5 years ago and I can definitely say that Fantastic Furniture is an great company to work for.
It is always fun and there's always something to do.
You can always be yourself, people won't judge you who you are.
The plus is there's also opportunities to grow in the company, I am now Assistant Manager.
Go for it, it is Fantastic here.
Pros
Opportunities and the people are great to work with
Cons
Somedays can be very busy and little down time
Right People with Right Culture. Fantastic Place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW19 July 2018
Great company who highly values it's team members as much as it's customers. Invests in people in training and developing future leaders. Well defined processes and systems in place which makes team members life easy.

Uncapped sales incentives, reward and recognition, having fun and celebrating success... few of many, we enjoy here at Fantastic Furniture.

Senior leaders are open and honest and shows genuine interest in each individual needs. Approachable and friendly.

Yes, I am a Manager here and I enjoy perfect work/life balance.
Great place to work and friendly staff
Sales Assistant - Full Time (Current Employee) –  Thomastown VIC19 July 2018
Working at fantastic furniture is a fun environment to be a part of. The staff are very friendly and welcoming, and we are always challenged with different scenarios that encourage us to learn new skills which we will keep forever.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Weekend work
Fun and inclusive culture with mapped out succession planning
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 July 2018
The business culture is very inclusive and the executive team have people at the forefront of their decision making. The team are very supportive and aim at ensuring your progression through the business aiding you with all necessary tools.
Pros
Support, Perks, Culture, Training, Development, Network and Upskilling
Worst place ever.
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  NSW South Coast NSW29 June 2018
NOTHING BUT DRAMA AND BACKSTABBING UPPER
MANAGEMENT
The people in HR are to scarfed to support you to work people out of the business.
Operations management have a lot of answering to do
Pros
Getting Paid
Cons
Like at Fantastic
Very cmfortable
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW18 June 2018
I work everyday from Monday to Friday, I learned faster,they put me in a different places,it is not an easy job.
Love work with a different kind of people.I love it.
Pros
Buy my own
Excellent
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bathurst NSW5 June 2018
Fantastic Furniture is an excellent place to work, it pays well, the people are great to work with and they look after their workers. I would recommend the franchise to anyone.
Pros
Cons
No cons
Unless tax period - boring
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Hobart TAS30 May 2018
worked here for 8 months, hated how everything merch wise was done by the books, cant be creative or do anything different, people WILL steal your sales. only made good commission when it was tax return time, otherwise wiped tables down for 7 hour a day.
you also will probably get abused over the phone every day because of the delivery drivers.
Pros
breaks, employee discounts
Cons
boring, mean customers, stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fantastic Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.