Federation University Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Federation University Australia Employee Reviews

Australia18 reviews
The federation university job was very good for my current job since I haven't been there for over 2 years. But I loved the experience. And it was a very good place to work.
I enjoyed the culture as a student so I applied for a casual job. There was regular phone calls to check up on my work but I worked unsupervised by peers.
Pros
I enjoyed working with students face to face.
Cons
It was difficult to answer questions from students on social media at all hours.
Challenging, interesting, place to develop productive working relationships, independent work culture, strong work ethics, multicultural setup, friendly
The experience at Federation University Australia was encouraging and developing. Cataloging library resources was one of the best experiences in the job.
- Due to the activities required in the job position, the work schedule was flexible as long as the time fitted within business hours. The job can include online factors so you could do it anywhere
Working as a student mentor is productive with very relaxed, collaborative and supportive work environment. Although, since the class is of short hours, hourly rate might seem a little less.
This system dose not seem to identify that the criteria is inappropriate for education activities. My experience a Federation University was excellent, however, I did not work there, and therefor can not rate my time there in terms of employment.
I love working with people and the environment. I learnt so many things from the people and the working style. They are encouraging and hard working. They are very friendly and helpful.
well supervised post grad operations. Excellent facilities and a 150 year old library. Adequate facilities and post grad services. Staff well connected and always available. Good culture. Strong Asian connections.
I loved working as a Personal Care Assistant, it was both challenging and for filling. I completed duties such as; working closely with people who needed daily assistance with hygiene and mobility, cleaning and meal time assistance. I left this job because the hours no longer suited my life style.
Pros
For filling and rewarding
Cons
Not enough hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Federation University Australia?
It's always great to get Ushering work. You feel like you're doing a good job, interacting with people and if gives you a sense of community with both the performers and you're fellow staff. You're there to keep the peace and as long as you do that it's a great time.
I work with highly trained counsellors and Disability officers who care about supporting the needs of students who face barriers to completing successful study.
Managers and workers are fun the reason is most mentors are students. Great attitude by all employees, Student mentoring is great. I enjoy the fun this job brings.
Decent place to work but the people make it better. Can be difficult to deal with those higher up who don't like to do much or fulfil their position but otherwise okay,
The most enjoyeable part of the job was assisting students. From enrolment to graduation. The change to a one shop ask all has been challenging, and not as productive as assistance in the schools.
Pros
Cons
Poor managers in sections
Great induction, friendly staff willing to offer assistance with any queries.

Working environment clean and tidy with option of taking breaks, lunches etc on campus at the cafeteria.

Excellent location on the Ballarat City bus route.
Pros
Location.
Cons
Waiting period between morning and afternoon exams.
Very knowledgeable academic staff in the university and I can learn lots of subject work from them. Can get a great experience to work with students as well as deal with them in a proper way.
control room , cctv , lockouts , general security duties , mobile patrols , foot patrols , interacting with students and staff on a 24 hour basis