Federation University Australia

20: Federation University Australia Employee Reviews

Australia20 reviews

4.0Work–Life Balance

I am employed as a cleaner, I work mainly by myself occasionly with other helping out. There is some overtime, There is no hard part to the job I clean they mess it up I clean again the next day, I suppose monotony can be a bit boring but I like working on my own listening to my music while I sweep, mop, vacuum etc. The hardest part is getting up early in the morning to do the job.

Pros

Some times getting to drive the company cars.

Cons

Early morning starts.

Top-heavy workplace which does not value its staff.

Federation University is all about compliance and government funding, showing very little concern for the welfare and educational experience of the students. Staff are treated with little to no respect by management and 'jobs for the boys' is still prevalent in this workplace.

Pros

Cons

Compliance orientated.

Very protective

The federation university job was very good for my current job since I haven't been there for over 2 years. But I loved the experience. And it was a very good place to work.

Work requiring iniative

I enjoyed the culture as a student so I applied for a casual job. There was regular phone calls to check up on my work but I worked unsupervised by peers.

Pros

I enjoyed working with students face to face.

Cons

It was difficult to answer questions from students on social media at all hours.

challenging

Challenging, interesting, place to develop productive working relationships, independent work culture, strong work ethics, multicultural setup, friendly

Friendly environment with many opportunities to learn

The experience at Federation University Australia was encouraging and developing. Cataloging library resources was one of the best experiences in the job.

Schedule worked around you

- Due to the activities required in the job position, the work schedule was flexible as long as the time fitted within business hours. The job can include online factors so you could do it anywhere

Productive, relaxed, collaborative and very supportive workplace

Working as a student mentor is productive with very relaxed, collaborative and supportive work environment. Although, since the class is of short hours, hourly rate might seem a little less.

Excellent student experience

This system dose not seem to identify that the criteria is inappropriate for education activities. My experience a Federation University was excellent, however, I did not work there, and therefor can not rate my time there in terms of employment.

I love working with people and the environment

I love working with people and the environment. I learnt so many things from the people and the working style. They are encouraging and hard working. They are very friendly and helpful.

Highly productive work environment.

well supervised post grad operations. Excellent facilities and a 150 year old library. Adequate facilities and post grad services. Staff well connected and always available. Good culture. Strong Asian connections.

Personal Care Assistant

I loved working as a Personal Care Assistant, it was both challenging and for filling. I completed duties such as; working closely with people who needed daily assistance with hygiene and mobility, cleaning and meal time assistance. I left this job because the hours no longer suited my life style.

Pros

For filling and rewarding

Cons

Not enough hours

Wonderful work for a wonderful cause.

It's always great to get Ushering work. You feel like you're doing a good job, interacting with people and if gives you a sense of community with both the performers and you're fellow staff. You're there to keep the peace and as long as you do that it's a great time.

Innovative and fun workplace

I work with highly trained counsellors and Disability officers who care about supporting the needs of students who face barriers to completing successful study.

Fun place to work

Managers and workers are fun the reason is most mentors are students. Great attitude by all employees, Student mentoring is great. I enjoy the fun this job brings.

Good workplace

Decent place to work but the people make it better. Can be difficult to deal with those higher up who don't like to do much or fulfil their position but otherwise okay,

A great place to work

The most enjoyeable part of the job was assisting students. From enrolment to graduation. The change to a one shop ask all has been challenging, and not as productive as assistance in the schools.

Pros

Cons

Poor managers in sections

Wonderful views from the campus, making walks to and from the exams office quite a pleasure.

Great induction, friendly staff willing to offer assistance with any queries. Working environment clean and tidy with option of taking breaks, lunches etc on campus at the cafeteria. Excellent location on the Ballarat City bus route.

Pros

Location.

Cons

Waiting period between morning and afternoon exams.

Have a great experience to work with students

Very knowledgeable academic staff in the university and I can learn lots of subject work from them. Can get a great experience to work with students as well as deal with them in a proper way.

a good work environment

control room , cctv , lockouts , general security duties , mobile patrols , foot patrols , interacting with students and staff on a 24 hour basis

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Federation University Australia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Federation University Australia with