Fernwood Fitness
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Fernwood Fitness Employee Reviews

Australia9 reviews
Great place to work. Very supportive team environment where everyone was willing to help each other. Many training and workshop opportunities available. The customers were very friendly and the facilities were great for women.
i was a sales liasion officer and would call, email and sign people up to help them with their fitness and weight loss goals. was very rewarding as you watched some of the transformations
Pros
close to home
Cons
persuading people to join
Love this place overall. I have only been there for a short time but have enjoyed working with all and with the members that work there. Support is plenty given.
Pros
Helpful management, nice coworkers
Cons
Difficulty with clients
During the years I have worked for Fernwood Fitness, I have learned the gropes, ups and downs, and general business of Sales. These skills can be used for further workplaces and has taught me, and continues to teach me everyday. The culture of Fernwood Fitness is always very warm, open to the public and welcoming of any person, no matter who they are. A typical day is, in a sense, not typical; every single day is different than the last and you learn through any simple or difficult day. The hardest part to the job is dealing with the day to day work of uncertainty, never knowing how anything can play out. But, it is always a learning experience and helps me develop through these decisions that are made. Most enjoyable part of the job is definitely the people that encompass it, without a doubt. Some lifelong friendships have been forged from work and the ability to make someone's day, who comes in for business, is crucial. I enjoy every part of it and commend Fernwood Fitness for helping me grow and develop in a business avenue.
Pros
Welcoming workplace, friendly environment
Cons
Long hours, Uncertainty due to the days
Even though i only did work placement at fernwood i was also a member there in the past and the staff there were incredible very helpful and supportive. The management team and staff just make you excited and want to be attending work.
Rewarding job with your clients, wages don't reflex work/effort put in. Physical work, demanding. Flexible hours, but clients still dictate appointment times.
Fun workplace with new challenges every day. Always something new to do and things to learn, great friendly team environment.
Tyical day at work would be helping clients take their measurements and goals, cleaning the gym area and making sure everyone is using the equipment right.
I learned how to communicate with clients that are struggling with their weight. How to be organised with a busy work place.

My co-workers were the best, they always help and very fun to work with.

Trying to finish my task in a time limit.

Most enjoyable part was seeing clients succeed in their goals.
Pros
Free Gym Membership
Cons
Always went to work with a smile on my face, management were very helping with everything always asking how the day is going, all the crew were friendly and helpful, the role in general was a hard but if you love a challenge its great, the most enjoyable part of the job was having a friendship with each and every client.
Pros
Free membership at the gym
Cons
Working through classes that you wanted to do