Feros Care Employee Reviews

Very professional,caring and consideration at all times for residents
AIN (Assistant in Nursing)Student (Former Employee) –  Kingscliff NSW14 February 2019
I did my training at Feros and am extremely glad and fortunate that I did.
I found their facility very positive and at all times having the welfare and care of each resident,no matter the degree of care necessary,a priority at all times.
Pros
Positive
Cons
staff shortage
Wonderful age care facility,compassionate co workers ,transparent,approachable management
Cert III age care carer (Former Employee) –  Byron Bay NSW30 January 2019
Enjoyed my time working with the elderly,very rewarding vocation .Stopped work due to knee injury and regrettable could not continue with full time shifts.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Non
Toxic & unethical...leave your soul and morals at the door
middle manager (Former Employee) –  Coolangatta QLD30 January 2019
Feros Care is one of the worst workplaces I have ever encountered. From the moment you walk in the door, you don't feel safe or supported. If you have skills and ethics, this place is not for you.

Front line staff are badly treated, and when they raise issues or ask for support, the management turn on them and get rid of them.
Staff are promised a safe and enjoyable workplace....this is not the case.

Clients are denied services, and their complaints are buried. I would never have Feros provide care for my loved-ones.

The management team are abusive and corrupt. There is a culture of nepotism with the management team filled with unskilled family members and friends. They treat the place like a family business, and use tax-payer dollars to line their own pockets. Clients go without care services so the managers can go to conferences and holidays, and have boozy lunches.

The management team are obsessed with dress-up parties, sleepovers and unisex toilets.

If you loved the 1970s and 1980s workplaces of 'no rules and no care factor', this could be your ideal workplace.
Pros
free left-over lunches from what the Managers don't eat
Cons
long hours, unsafe workplace, harrassment, abusive, not real support for staff
fun professional place to work
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Coolangatta NSW4 July 2018
Loved working at Feros, but unfortunately there was not enough work on The Central Coast for the amount of staff.
Meeting lovely clients
office staff easy to approach with problems
Management easy to talk to
other staff members are easy to work with.
Clients are always polite & well mannered
bonds with clients easily made
Pros
friendly & out going people to work with
Cons
not enough work
Work Hard, Play Hard!
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Coolangatta QLD19 April 2018
Since starting with Feros Care, I have felt welcomed and encouraged to be my eccentric self! I have a team that supports me but also in the wider Feros community. There are always so many smiling faces and never a dull moment! It’s a positive and vibrant place to work that encourages me to live brightly and boldly!
Pros
Great atmosphere, fun social activities
Culture, Values & People matter
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Queensland19 April 2018
Values outlined in website & throughout recruitment process & orientation really live up to promises. Great team, really enjoying my new role. Recommended, great experience
Pros
Work doesn't seem like work. Great team & culture
Feros Fan!
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD18 April 2018
I've worked for Feros Care in both a casual and full-time capacity, across multiple teams. I really loved the people, there is a great culture promoted and they are always open to receiving feedback or hearing new ideas. I always felt heard and cared about, they were so supportive and encouraging which helped me to work successfully.

I've grown a lot since working here from the different teams, the leadership group are always open to supporting growth and promoting internally which is such a nice change from other companies i've worked for. I felt welcomed from day one, and can honestly say this is the best company i've ever worked for!
Pros
Great culture, good benefits (gym access), supportive management, approachable HR
Never a dull moment
Digital Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD18 April 2018
Feros Care is busy. It definitely not a workplace if you just want to cruise. It's a diverse workplace and there are lots of cool people. There's always fun things going on such as celebrations, competitions, themed events. The best part of the job is the opportunity to grow, openness to innovation, great people in the team and the challenge to compete in a highly competitive industry. The hardest part of the job can be managing your time and prioritization of competing tasks.
Pros
Beachfront, Southern Gold Coast, No Traffic, Development Opportunities, Salary Packaging
Cons
Busy. Can go home at the end of the day flogged.
Nepotism and misery, terrible change management, fickle.
Casual Employee (Former Employee) –  Coolangatta NSW3 March 2018
HR run ‘confidential’ surveys at 6 weeks and all information gathered is disseminated. Management are only interested in numbers and awards - no interest in staff, no advancement offered. You cannot have a personality in this place. More interested in people who use the cloud based computer system to log your time at your computer and phone, than people who actually do any work. They listen to your calls. Will use a loophole of firing people with no reason unless you’ve worked there over 6 months - frequently fire people at 5 months 3 weeks.

Nice from the outside - the clients are confused and miserable. The workers undereducated in their work and are under too much pressure to do their work in intenable timeframes.

Work colleagues are wonderful people because they’re all stuck together in an inhospitable spot, but with no support from management, the best people look and move elsewhere.
Pros
Nice view
Cons
Everything in review - also shady HR
Call centre from h e l l
Client Liaison Officer (Current Employee) –  Coolangatta QLD14 February 2018
Level 2 call centre is frequently understaffed, workers under considerable stress that the use of valium to cope daily is rampant. The type of workplace where someone crying occurs daily, where staff go for a break and don't return.
Revolving door- high staff turnover, management never present or too busy doing anything but managing.
Toxic culture
Pros
Location opposite beautiful beach to drown yourself
Cons
Toxic work environment, high staff turnover, mismanagement and high workloads
Lovely clients. It was really sad to leave them
Advocate (Former Employee) –  Coolangatta QLD6 February 2018
At the start of my employment, it was a great job. I found that most of the time, i was run off my feet trying t get to client's residence for the allocated services.
The services were very rushed and not all about the client. I would of liked to see a care worker matched with clients and not just thrown in the deep end with no information regarding the client and what they required of me as a carer.
Fast pace work, high volume of data entry
Accounts Payable Officer (temp) (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD20 December 2017
I was employed on temporary basis, placed by an Agency.
As part of the Accounts Payable team, there was a high volume of invoices to process to complete payment circle.
The management was very friendly and young. The workplace culture was excellent and there were many activities during the day to relax and free tension, like exercises.
Pros
Good team work
Feroscare is not what and who they say are...workers and clients beware
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  NSW North Coast NSW28 November 2017
Worked for this company for 5 years and probably the worst in my entire working life.
On interview what the managers say will happen in regard to hours and type of work to be done do not eventuate.
The lies that are told to you and the clients make me think that it is the culture of the company to be like this.
I have now left as couldn't cope anymore with the mental and physical impact on my health.
Working with clients was the best part, but the job description changed and personal carers became cleaners, up to 5 hours a day.
Turnover of staff is huge, with only those staying that could not get a job anywhere else, and they were the ones who should have left.
Were promised professional development, but when asking company was denied.Only some people higher up in the company have access to ongoing education.
Workers do not matter...lies and self promotion do.
Pros
Other than some colleagues to work with ...none
Cons
Everything, pay, hours, travelling distances, management etc, etc...
good
Client Transport Driver (Former Employee) –  Driver NT14 October 2017
Feros care was a good place to work and it was rewarding helping the clients with their day to day errands. It was a great feeling knowing you were making a difference in someone's life.
Contracts Admin Assistant - Temp (Former Employee) –  Coolangatta QLD22 August 2017
Great work environment. Loved working there though only as a temp. Great staff and very interesting and rewarding work. Felt acknowledged for your hard work.
Pros
Fantastic surroundings
Cons
No cons
Lots of promises, not much delivered.
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD29 December 2016
Job security is poor, saying you have 12 month contract means nothing to them because they get rid of you when they want. Unless you are related to the boss and her family then you have no hope of going anywhere in this company. A lot of promises and not much delivered. There is a reason why they advertise so much because their culture is so bad that they can't keep good staff. Don't touch them with a barge pole, even if you are desperate!
Pros
Parking
Cons
Good colleges in the workplace
Accounts Payable Officer (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD15 April 2016
Very busy high processing volumes with minimal staff
TCM computer system
Some Good Management
Mostly good work colleges
Dealing with some of the accountants
Staff Awards Night
Pros
Free Gym memberships and Salary Packaging
Cons
Very High processing Volumes with minimal Staff
Varied, personal development opportunities, supportive co workers
COMMUNITY SUPPORT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Coolangatta13 October 2015
My time at Feros Care was informative, supportive and had many opportunities for personal and professional development courses.
A typical day for me included driving to various locations on the Gold Coast to assist clients in personal care needs, domestic assistance, transportation and social support.
Although it was an autonomous role, there were occasions where I was required to assist another care worker with a client with high care needs.
The most enjoyable part of the job was flexible working hours allowing me time to have work/life balance.
Cons
Sometimes driving excessive kilometres to a client