Feros Care
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Feros Care Employee Reviews

Australia26 reviews
Reconciliation of creditor's statements & liaising with provider’s
Accurate document matching, coding, data entry in a high-volume environment

Compile with internal control procedure

Assist in compiling statistics & reports for analysis
Working at Feros Care you will put together plans for participants to get support under NDIS. It is a very busy and quite demanding job, but extremely rewarding and satisfying. My experience is everyone works very hard to get the job done, but everyone is willing to help and support each other when needed. We work hard, but we also play hard and I LOVE that, because I believe I go to work, to work!
Pros
Great staff and social events
Cons
None really, but you do need to be prepared to work hard, although I dont consider this a con, some might!
Poor management skills of managers. Extreme nepotism and cronyism by ceos family members. Its a not for profit organisation but they treat it more like a family business. Very strange workplace culture. Very disfunctional culture. Staff treated as numbers not people.
An organisation where you are encouraged to be your true self! Plenty of opportunities to grow and also develop in your role or in other parts of the business. Work hard, play hard is how I would describe the culture. Work/Life balance is a dream with the head office location...beach swims after work are the perfect way to finish the day! Have been an employee here for some time now and not looking to leave anytime soon!
This is probably the most challenging role I've even had but at the same time it is the one that I have loved the most. My team and broader team are the best. I feel supported every day and, most importantly, I feel free to be myself. I have received nothing by support from my manager from day one. Being my first role in management, Feros has supported me through a mentoring program and through the development program for all managers, giving me the tools to grow and increase my confidence and capability. I enjoy every day as it doesn't matter how busy we are, there is always time for a bit of fun and a good laugh.
Feros Care is constantly busy, constantly evolving and constantly collaborating to include all parts of the business. I have a very supportive manager and wider team who take me seriously but can also have a laugh. I work closely with many different teams to achieve outcomes. My team is very supportive of days to work from home, work remotely from one of our villages or other offices and trust each other to work independently. We all provide advice and support to get the best professional results. As a business, it is very encouraged to put into practice modern processes and to use modern technologies. I love working across the road from the beach and in a shopping centre - very convenient.
I did my training at Feros and am extremely glad and fortunate that I did.
I found their facility very positive and at all times having the welfare and care of each resident,no matter the degree of care necessary,a priority at all times.
Pros
Positive
Cons
staff shortage
Enjoyed my time working with the elderly,very rewarding vocation .Stopped work due to knee injury and regrettable could not continue with full time shifts.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Non
Feros Care is one of the worst workplaces I have ever encountered. From the moment you walk in the door, you don't feel safe or supported. If you have skills and ethics, this place is not for you.

Front line staff are badly treated, and when they raise issues or ask for support, the management turn on them and get rid of them.

Staff are promised a safe and enjoyable workplace....this is not the case.

Clients are denied services, and their complaints are buried. I would never have Feros provide care for my loved-ones.

The management team are abusive and corrupt. There is a culture of nepotism with the management team filled with unskilled family members and friends. They treat the place like a family business, and use tax-payer dollars to line their own pockets. Clients go without care services so the managers can go to conferences and holidays, and have boozy lunches.

The management team are obsessed with dress-up parties, sleepovers and unisex toilets.

If you loved the 1970s and 1980s workplaces of 'no rules and no care factor', this could be your ideal workplace.
Pros
free left-over lunches from what the Managers don't eat
Cons
long hours, unsafe workplace, harrassment, abusive, not real support for staff
Big on continuous training and increasing staff skills. Relaxed environment. Positive work culture where work mates care about each other. Very supportive workplace.
Loved working at Feros, but unfortunately there was not enough work on The Central Coast for the amount of staff.
Meeting lovely clients

office staff easy to approach with problems

Management easy to talk to

other staff members are easy to work with.

Clients are always polite & well mannered

bonds with clients easily made
Pros
friendly & out going people to work with
Cons
not enough work
Since starting with Feros Care, I have felt welcomed and encouraged to be my eccentric self! I have a team that supports me but also in the wider Feros community. There are always so many smiling faces and never a dull moment! It’s a positive and vibrant place to work that encourages me to live brightly and boldly!
Pros
Great atmosphere, fun social activities
Values outlined in website & throughout recruitment process & orientation really live up to promises. Great team, really enjoying my new role. Recommended, great experience
Pros
Work doesn't seem like work. Great team & culture
I've worked for Feros Care in both a casual and full-time capacity, across multiple teams. I really loved the people, there is a great culture promoted and they are always open to receiving feedback or hearing new ideas. I always felt heard and cared about, they were so supportive and encouraging which helped me to work successfully.

I've grown a lot since working here from the different teams, the leadership group are always open to supporting growth and promoting internally which is such a nice change from other companies i've worked for. I felt welcomed from day one, and can honestly say this is the best company i've ever worked for!
Pros
Great culture, good benefits (gym access), supportive management, approachable HR
Feros Care is busy. It definitely not a workplace if you just want to cruise. It's a diverse workplace and there are lots of cool people. There's always fun things going on such as celebrations, competitions, themed events. The best part of the job is the opportunity to grow, openness to innovation, great people in the team and the challenge to compete in a highly competitive industry. The hardest part of the job can be managing your time and prioritization of competing tasks.
Pros
Beachfront, Southern Gold Coast, No Traffic, Development Opportunities, Salary Packaging
Cons
Busy. Can go home at the end of the day flogged.
HR run ‘confidential’ surveys at 6 weeks and all information gathered is disseminated. Management are only interested in numbers and awards - no interest in staff, no advancement offered. You cannot have a personality in this place. More interested in people who use the cloud based computer system to log your time at your computer and phone, than people who actually do any work. They listen to your calls. Will use a loophole of firing people with no reason unless you’ve worked there over 6 months - frequently fire people at 5 months 3 weeks.

Nice from the outside - the clients are confused and miserable. The workers undereducated in their work and are under too much pressure to do their work in intenable timeframes.

Work colleagues are wonderful people because they’re all stuck together in an inhospitable spot, but with no support from management, the best people look and move elsewhere.
Pros
Nice view
Cons
Everything in review - also shady HR
Level 2 call centre is frequently understaffed, workers under considerable stress that the use of valium to cope daily is rampant. The type of workplace where someone crying occurs daily, where staff go for a break and don't return.
Revolving door- high staff turnover, management never present or too busy doing anything but managing.

Toxic culture
Pros
Location opposite beautiful beach to drown yourself
Cons
Toxic work environment, high staff turnover, mismanagement and high workloads
At the start of my employment, it was a great job. I found that most of the time, i was run off my feet trying t get to client's residence for the allocated services.
The services were very rushed and not all about the client. I would of liked to see a care worker matched with clients and not just thrown in the deep end with no information regarding the client and what they required of me as a carer.
I was employed on temporary basis, placed by an Agency.
As part of the Accounts Payable team, there was a high volume of invoices to process to complete payment circle.

The management was very friendly and young. The workplace culture was excellent and there were many activities during the day to relax and free tension, like exercises.
Pros
Good team work
Worked for this company for 5 years and probably the worst in my entire working life.
On interview what the managers say will happen in regard to hours and type of work to be done do not eventuate.

The lies that are told to you and the clients make me think that it is the culture of the company to be like this.

I have now left as couldn't cope anymore with the mental and physical impact on my health.

Working with clients was the best part, but the job description changed and personal carers became cleaners, up to 5 hours a day.

Turnover of staff is huge, with only those staying that could not get a job anywhere else, and they were the ones who should have left.

Were promised professional development, but when asking company was denied.Only some people higher up in the company have access to ongoing education.

Workers do not matter...lies and self promotion do.
Pros
Other than some colleagues to work with ...none
Cons
Everything, pay, hours, travelling distances, management etc, etc...
Feros care was a good place to work and it was rewarding helping the clients with their day to day errands. It was a great feeling knowing you were making a difference in someone's life.