Fine Designs Employee Reviews

Flexible hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dundas, ON24 May 2019
Great managment and very flexible and understanding. Usually only work on weekends when working events, but depends on your position in the company. The days can be long, but very bearble. Overall great company.
Productive work place with flexible schedule
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CA17 May 2019
During my time working at training events for Fine Designs, I have learned how to be patient while working with several customers at a time. Although, memorizing prices for the products was not easy at first, it became useful, especially when having to place four orders into one transaction. There are many different color options for clothing items that made determining prices difficult, but once I studied the differences everything became simpler. Aside from this, I enjoy working here, especially when I get to work with a partner. I'm not able to work here very often, mainly because I am a full-time student-athlete and have to utilize weekend time for training and studying time. However, whenever I have a free weekend I work at events through this company. I hope to work as many events during the summer as possible
Pros
Travel expenses reimbursed, free lunch, nice people to work with, flexible schedule
Cons
Lack of communication with manager, no breaks
This place is terrible stay away
Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KY11 May 2019
I was promised growth and I have yet to see any of that even when I bust my butt working long hours and with no over time pay. Plain and simple if you don’t like working like a slave and if you want to grow at the job your in this is not the place for you, and the owners there the worse. There nice at first, make so manny promises and then they don’t even wanna talk you anymore! Then to go out of town and work is not worth the time I spend away from home. I would stay away. Never have I seen such awful working conditions.
Pros
Non
Cons
No growth no benefits no vacation no over time
Customer Focused Service and Marketing related duties.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CA22 April 2019
As a sales representative at Fine Designs my responsibility is to prepare and organize with my sales manager for upcoming Sports events across all of California. When an event has been booked, all proper licenses and contracts alongside all permits are filed, reviewed and processed, we prepare a company vehicle with proper equipment to drive and set up a physical store at the location of the sports event and sell our product. We provide the Official Event Apparel with the Main Logo specifically geared for the type of Sport we are covering. Our Apparel is unique in that it is Custom Made using a heat press. We are able to customize our apparel with logos that have Team Names, Player Names, Rosters, Numbers and Much More.
A typical day would require driving to an event location anywhere in California and running and managing the store for duration of the tournament. You are responsible for inventory, creating apparel samples to be used on mannequins to showcase the product. While managing the on-site store you are responsible to providing the best customer service dedication to all clients. Contacting Event Directors, booking agents and sales associates to establish long-term sales contracts.

At this company I have learned to communicate with many different departments to ensure the best possible sales experience is provided on a professional level to ensure long-standing business relationships.
Pros
Learned many different Skills
Perfect Side-Gig
Event Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Nicholasville, KY22 April 2019
I came in as a contractor for fine designs events and while it can definitely be challenging sometimes, its a good kind of challenge. The events are usually on the weekends so I have plenty of time to work on my school during the week and then head out on fridays for work. They pay for your hotel and gas so its almost like getting paid to travel. (and sell shirts) So far this company has been great to me.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Sometimes the tournaments run a little long!
Awesome people
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Nicholasville, KY15 April 2019
I would recommend this job to go-getters. Reliability is highly valued here and rewarded. Owners are great and always open to talk. A caring environment.
Pros
Free lunch once a week, every week!
Flexible job weekends mostly
Salesman/marketer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL14 April 2019
This job is great for people who want to make the same pay weekly as those who work hourly jobs but you only have to work weekends for events. There’s a base pay per day you work and then there’s commision if you make over a certain amount. So say I worked a weekend the minimum I’d make is $300 for 2 days. But if I sold more than 3k then I make 10% of the total I’ve made. You travel every weekend regionally, I worked in Florida and some of Alabama on weekends. They provide the transportation, hotel and food reimbursement which I had $25 per day. I’ve done it for 6 years and it’s very flexible, but it is physical labor as you do have to set up a tent with tables and shirts and heat press, on site at sporting events and you mostly work alone. There’s also indoor events which would be nicer because of weather. If you’re looking for part time and make a minimum of $300 per weekend and don’t mind physical work and traveling this is the job for you. Long term though I wouldn’t say that’s an option unless you opened your own franchise. There is also office work if you do want more hours. Overall good experience, we’re like a family and no benefits. You’re on a 1099, so you’re an independent contractor.
Pros
Good pay, traveling, flexible
Cons
Not much growth, no benefits
A place where you can build a career!
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Nicholasville, KY26 March 2019
Fine Designs has been the most incredible company I have ever worked for. You can do whatever you want during the week and have a high paying job on the weekends. By high paying I mean you can make 300 bucks a weekend guaranteed. It's perfect for anyone who wants to build a career and have free time to do other things. Highly recommend!!
Pros
Good pay
Stay far away from Fine Designs KY
Warehouse Worker/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nicholasville, KY23 March 2019
Management is a joke. They groom you with lies making it seem like it’s an amazing company that you can move up in and make amazing money, but then overwork you and cheat you as much as they can. The expectations never stop. Even outside of work if they randomly call you in, you have to go, and not just for one shift, but the whole weekend. You have to leave your schedule 100% open to them and they will constantly take advantage of it and belittle you if you refuse. If you complain about the working conditions they will turn the situation around and make you feel like you’re the one making the mistakes. The owners wife is a sociopath who has absolutely zero empathy. They try to bully you personally and will judge you if you don’t fit their criteria as a human being. If you quit they will slander your name. Stay far away.
Pros
Cons
It’s a nightmare circus
Great place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA30 November 2018
Friendly family atmosphere, very different to anywhere else I've worked. Lots of opportunities to learn new skills and make the role your own. Good company
Flexible Weekend Job
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicopee, MA22 October 2018
I love working here because it's only a weekend job that requires me to travel to other states, I'm given a company car, food, gas and hotel are all payed for. The hardest part is the physical labor of carrying boxes and setting up my display, but it's worth it because this job pays much more than minimum wage.
Pros
Gas, food, hotel all payed for
Cons
Physically exhausting, have to drive far sometimes
Very outgoing and productive with a lot of resposibility on one person
SALES REP (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LA19 September 2018
This job treated me well, however, I did not like that taxes were not taken out. The days were extremely long and hot, hot enough to give me a heat stroke. I do not think it is a good idea for one person too work events alone. It is a lot of work and intake.
Pros
Reimbursments
Cons
Drives
Hard working labor with no advancement opportunities
Manager/Trainer/laborer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC30 June 2018
A typical day at work would be to come in, clock in, and go straight to work on a Monday-Friday basis with labor type work around the warehouse. Weekends were highly encouraged to work as well, even mandatory a lot of the times depending on the volume of events to prepare for.
Pros
Work, work, work.
Cons
No overtime pay or benefits
Great sales job if you like traveling out of town.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 May 2018
Ideal commission based sales job because the product sells itself. Once you're out on a location, you are your own boss. Sometimes the sales are slow, but you still get paid the base pay for the day.
Pros
Food, Gas and Hotel costs are always covered.
Cons
Long exhausting hours during the weekends
Event Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WA29 March 2018
Fine Designs is great with being flexible about schedules. This job helps learn how to talk to customers as well as customer service. Also, helps gain marketing and selling techniques.
Very Rewarding
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LA25 March 2018
Working For Fine Designs is very Rewarding! You get to work with a team that always challenges you to get better and strive for excellence! It is fun to meet people at the different events you work at!
Pros
Able to make good money in short time, Travel, Food paid for.
Cons
very little breaks, you have to pay your on taxes.
irresponsible owner
Finishing Contractor (Former Employee) –  Fort Erie, ON21 March 2018
The owner of this company made various mistakes which lead to many customers being unhappy. Working here honestly made me realize the extreme types of people in this world.
Great Place to work!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LA7 February 2018
I love that I can travel with all expenses paid! I also love that I can work with people and meet new people every week! This job has been great for building character and helps my to think on my feet. The toughest part of my job is the setup process, but it is also one of the most rewarding because I get to share my event setup pictures with the whole teams and it is very rewarding! I really enjoy the team collaboration and unity when working on large scale events. Very exciting to be a part of! Management is by far the most flexible that I have ever had. Not like your typical pain in the neck boss. These guys are great to work for!
Pros
all expenses paid traveling
Cons
1099 employee (no benefits)
The ideal side-gig
Sales Representative, Former warehouse employee (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC29 January 2018
There’s multiple work-ecosystems going on within fine designs.
The office/corporate environment offers security and a stable pay, with room for advancement.
Working as a salesperson however is pretty much strictly a part-time contracting gig, flexible work days, usually contained to weekends, and with the potential to make quite a hefty sum in a single weekend with the commission offered.
Tons of customer interaction, and creative thinking required.
Pros
Excellent potential pay, travel; hotel and transportation are covered, lots of flexibility
Cons
Pay isn’t always stable
Great atmosphere
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  KY29 January 2018
Great people to work with, great management, flexible times,
Get bonuses! When ask always allowed to get something without a charge.
Love the fact that management listens to suggestions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fine Designs. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2