First Choice Care
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

First Choice Care Employee Reviews

Australia13 reviews
Disorganized initially with my required pre-employment documentation. the intake staff did not seem to communicate with each other and kept asking me for documents that i had already submitted. This delayed my employability.
That aside until COVID 19, I got adequate shifts at places I enjoyed working. Phone staff there are 98% fun and friendly.

I have observed that the standard of Nursing Care and knowledge(Mental Health) from FCC is very high.
I was on call agency AIN staff. It was very flexible and suited my life at the time well.
They were organised and friendly. I got a lot of valuable experience in my time with 1st choice care.
28 January 2020
Thanks for your feedback, it's great to hear about your positive experience :)
sometimes work is a bit patchy but First Choice Care is held in high regard in Brisbane ie. THE BEST RATED and staff are friendly and try and get the shifts for you according to your online availability shift days.
28 January 2020
Thank you very much for your kind words. Being agency work, it can be unreliable at times but you are right that our team are always working to make sure that everyone is looked after as best they can. Thanks for taking the time to offer feedback :)
The interviewer wasn’t the nicest person nor made me excited to get result. She was quite cold and left me in empty room for a lot of the interview. Ended up calling for reference & due to multiple references the referee tried to call back to give me an even more glowing reference but agency was apparently very rude to her too and didn’t want to talk. I got the job, & due to fact I homeschool 2 children and couldn’t work 5 days per week (12.5hr shifts), I got less and less to then 1 shift 1 per week. Ended up joining another agency & got shifts that first choice said weren’t available, but hospital said they had no staff for. Either you work when and where they want or you will be treated like trash. Another time the call centre didn’t hang up the phone properly after I called and I heard her saying to someone how funny it was she didn’t tell me about available shifts. Do NOT bother with these people, they are money hungry and greedy and would throw you under a bus in a second. I told them not too politely what to do with their job. DISGUSTING AGENCY!
28 January 2020
First of all, thanks for taking the time to provide feedback.

I am very surprised to hear these complaints, and do take them very seriously. As an agency, we would be doing ourselves a disservice by purposely withholding shifts from staff, and furthermore our available shifts are posted online for our nursing staff to view, access and request at their own discretion.

I have discussed the contents of this review with our staff and have been unable to confirm any of the above events with the information supplied, so we would like the opportunity to get in contact to discuss in depth.

Please contact 1300 307 241 and the CEO or Operations Manager would be available any time to discuss your experience
Flexibility, lots of opportunities for shifts. Would recommend working here for anyone wanting to try different areas of nursing. Pay rates very reasonable.
28 January 2020
Thanks for your feedback! We work very hard to ensure all of our nurses are paid well above industry standard. If there is any way we can improve our service for you please get in touch with our Operations Manager at chais@firstchoicecare.com.au
Not giving any shifts. They will ask you to send availability, then no shifts available. They said they got minimum shifts but a lo of staffs.Because of this I stopped to give availability. Not doing any more shifts there
28 January 2020
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback and sorry that we did not live up to your expectations. Agency demand can be unpredictable, and we did notice a notable decrease in Agency AIN demand from both Hospitals and Aged Care in early-mid 2019. When this occurs, our team do their very best to share the available work with all available staff.

Whilst the demand has returned significantly since then, we understand your choice not to continue at the time. Thank you for your feedback, I have passed this on to our team.
Great opportunities. Did not offer anything in terms of professional development, but allowed for a lot of flexibility around job commitments/schedules.
28 January 2020
Thanks for taking the time to offer feedback! We are glad you were satisfied and take on board your recommendations :)
Team at FCC are very approachable. Staff can state where and when they wish to work.

Very supportive team environment.

Multiple opportunities to working in public and private hospitals, along with residential aged care and community nursing.
Pros
Can work where and when you desire
typical day at work is varies since i mostly assigned to work at difference facility. however, 1 on 1 patient monitoring is mostly what i do during the shifts.

Relieve/Break times are arranged by facility
Pros
ability to take off day anytime of the year
Cons
no career advancement
great people , honest , strait forward and they look after there staff , they keep your training up to date and informed of any changes in the industry. no complaints at all.
First choice is a nursing agency that is well known and outstanding with in the Brisbane/Gold coast region. Working for this agency has made me familiar with state of the act nursing care as we work in all hospitals both private and public in Brisbane and the gold coast.
Pros
Team work
I can choose which day and shift I want to work, friendly staff in call centre, sometimes try to fix me in a shift. But sometimes really quiet even though I put my availability for the whole week. It is hard to manage the income.
Called within 2 hours of shift generally,
the staff are very friendly

shifts are easy to allocate

availability is easily updated