First Data
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

First Data Employee Reviews

Australia8 reviews
Begin with checking emails and calendars events for the day, action whatever needs attention. Answer switchboard, distribute mail. Updated client details in database, always learning new things about this particular database (SalesForce). Book travel ad accommodation for all staff Balance Petty Cash and Tuck Shop. Dairy management for Managers. Check and sign off Accounts Payable Invoices. Copy and bind Presentations for client meetings. Arrange lunch for staff / client meetings.
Pros
Lunches put on by company for certain events e.g. Jeans 4 Genes Day, ABMT to raise money for charity.
First Data went through a transformational change during a period of global adjustments to worldwide payment processing systems.

Ensuring all changes were sufficiently captured, recorded and audited meeting Company standards.
It's a great place to learn about payment solutions across issuing and acquiring value chain. Good employee benefits and friendly staff.

Flexible work life balance.
First Data in Australia is going downhill fast. Management and Support are being offshored to India, with the erosion of relations with customers. Ongoing redundancies have led to good people quitting the company. Services such as Finance and Payroll have been offshored as well.

This is not a company that I would recommend joining. It is not a happy place.
Cons
Ongoing redundancies and offshoring.
A wonderful place to work. Everyone is always helpful, management are incredible and reliable.
Their training skills and requirements are a step up from a lot of places, you're never thrown into the deep end like a lot of companies.
good company to work for, the people are the best asset. There is always a challenge to resolve at FD so keeps you on your toes, but when issues pop up people are willing to work together.
*Typical day at work- I go through all my emails checking for issues or tasks that need to be completed. Also update my task and contact vendors or internal departments for follow ups on ATM removals, installation, line conversions, ATM relocations, transaction disputes and update merchant details were needed.
*What you learned- I have learned to multi-task different job request and do deal with diffucult merchants

*Management- Management is supportive and helpful at times needed

*Your co-workers-I work well with co-works aswell on my own. We all work closly together

*The hardest part of the job - Dealing with difficault merchants

*The most enjoyable part of the job- completing the work successfully and having fun at work.
Having worked as an IT Security administrator in the financial sector, with a help desk environment, my trouble shooting, customer services and understanding of timely feedback and close out of services tasks is well tuned.
Pros
Formed close relationships with fellow staff
Cons
Too far to travel to work
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at First Data?