FIRST STATE SUPER
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

FIRST STATE SUPER Employee Reviews

Australia10 reviews
Great Place, Great People, Great Perks
My time at FSS has been awesome, great place and employees are friendly and so helpful - enjoyed every moment there! A lot of great benefits and the building complex was also so well kept.
Very friendly work environment
I was employed as FinancevOfficer as an intern for four months and I learned that First StatenSuper uses more advance technology. This was my first job in Australia and I was very excited and learned so much in a short period of time.
Great
No complaints. Great working environment. Company embraces change. Exciting and fulfilling work. Organisation has grown rapidly and will continue to grow with sweeping changes to super
Fun and friendly workplace
I really enjoyed working at First State Super as from day one I felt as a part of the team even though I was there as just casual staff. I ended up getting my position extended here as the receptionist who i was there to cover returned but they found me another role as a facilities officer.
no game there
a typical day at work was to answer inbound call or transfer calls
main calls taken are balance inquiry how to withdraw supper, insurance quote guiding customers to there online portal teaching them how to use the self manage there accounts.

i learned lots about supper how its very important .

management are great and very helpful

work place culture is very fun

Then job is very easy the hardest part would be all the information there's to learn.

the most enjoyable part of the job is the office its new and make you want to come in.
Good place to work - Financially
I loved helping people but in the end I was not getting back the respect I gave to others. I didn't feel management was easy to talk to or very approachable.
Productive and fun workplace
Very supportive management. The organisation was willing to step out of the norms to innovate and be the Industry leader. I had a highly motivated project teams and supportive managers and business stakeholders.
Culture is a great place to work in
First State Super is nice place to work, however there is not much work life balance. I found it hard to work with a family as flexibility was not given.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at FIRST STATE SUPER?
Excellent training and support
FSS is a Not For Profit pension/ superannuation Fund.
They Strongly believe in 'Members First' - That the company is run for the benefit of the members.

Very busy working environment - answering 100+ phone calls/day.

I learned all about superannuation, investments and insurance policies available to members. I really enjoyed working alongside management and co-workers as they were all very supportive and fun to work with.
Pros
Great team, management, Salary, Nespresso machine, Fresh fruit daily
Cons
FSS does not sponsor non-Australian residents for permanent positions
Good place to work if you don't like change
A company that spends a lot of time and effort trying to do as little as possible and resisting change at every turn. Like a lot of industry funds they have virtually no concept of competitive markets because they get a guaranteed 9.5 % growth plus investment returns that make them think that they are growing when their net member growth is stagnant. This will come home to roost eventually - but it will be too late. Simply have no long term vision or the desire to aspire to achieve it.
Pros
Well paid, given you dont have to work that hard
Cons
Drifting along with no real impetus for change or competitive practices
Ask a question about working or interviewing at FIRST STATE SUPER. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3