Fitness First Employee Reviews in Melbourne VIC

Bad place to work for
Admin / Membership Consultant (Former Employee) –  All of Melbourne Vic9 April 2019
• Membership Consulting
• Staff Supervision
• Customer Service
• Stocking control and selling merchandise
• Members First/ Sales First Software
• Clean the Gym
• Open / Lock up procedures
• Cashiering
• Sales
• Data entry
• Log maintenance

Club Managers wouldn't support staff.
If you are sick you must find your own cover or you go to work sick.
Work place bullying.
Pros
Free Gym membership
Cons
Find own cover or go to work when sick. Poorly paid. work place bullying from managers
Great people to work with, positive environment, and good benefits
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC24 January 2017
I worked here for 6 months during my time in Australia and it was the perfect job for me as I wanted to maintain health and fitness as well as earn money. I had free membership for my partner and I and plenty of time before, after, and during breaks to have a work out. I also appreciated the opportunity to make more money from hitting budgets. Never had to sit or stand too long. All in all it was great and I learned a lot about sales.
Pros
hour long breaks and two fifteen minute break during the day
Cons
the hours are a bit annoying cause they take up your whole day but I did enjoy waking up later
Great and fun place to work!
Personal trainer (Franchised - Self employed) (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC16 January 2017
I had a great experience there!

I was a part of a family environment that were very supportive of eachother and accepting of everyone!
Great Facilities
Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC12 September 2016
Great place to come and teach classes. High level of maintenance and quality of equipment. Managers look after staff well and the pay rates are some of the best in the fitness industry.
Friendly Staff and Gym members
Assisting the Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City VIC5 September 2016
Even though this job was only for Work Placement, But I find it exciting as the Staff and Members are Friendly and it is nice to be able to assist a Personal Trainer during training sessions
Fun place to work
Les Mills Group Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia27 July 2015
As a fitness instructor and receptionist, I had a great time with all the staff and members. It was a positive and rewarding job.
Membership Consultant
Membership Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, vic5 September 2014
Probably the worst job I have ever had. Most of the MC's that started with me have already quit. They tell you that you can make so much money but the pay is less then Coles or Safeway. You work very hard-phone stalking people and on streets passing out passes- only to get treated as though you hard work is not enough. You must get over the memberships set for each month to even get a bonus. They pay 10 a membership but seem to find some issue with half the memberships signed up so you dont recieve commission for those. My manager screams at us regularly that we are not working hard enough. Definitely need no morals and tough skin to survive in this position. They say fitness first what they really mean is money first employees last.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
Management is awful, Pay is subpar, negative work environment