Fitness First Employee Reviews in Sydney NSW

Get lots of classes but deal with bullying from management
Group Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 April 2019
Worked there for many years and dealt with workplace bullying from management and getting accused of things that weren’t true so the pay rate wouldn’t go up.
No loyalty towards instructors who have taught there for a long time.
Management don’t listen to members
Pros
Members
Cons
Not great management
Want to become a Sales Champion, this is where you go
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW10 April 2019
True breeding ground for grabbing a pen and learning the hustle of sales, just like The Wolf of Wall Street.

Fitness First teaches you all the skills of persuasion that drive customers towards sales.
Understaffed at times.
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 March 2019
Work life balance is great, as a level 1 trainer or a Front of house staff, there's very few hours to go around with more and more cut backs to monthly budgets. The local club managers do their best to stretch the budget but it's clear there are more staff needed at times. The one area they do employ is membership consultants, there's a great deal of those, but the retainers aren't great and the budgets often a bit maladjusted for the season. They end up working additional hours of overtime for no pay with the desperate goal of hitting the member budget, only to go home with zero reward if they're short by one or two members that month.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Pay
It was a fun, energetic and challenging role in the Fitness Industry
Customer Service Manager/2IC (Former Employee) –  George Street NSW12 November 2018
It was a fun, energetic and challenging role in the Fitness Industry, working within various clubs, I was selected for Management Training and then further selected by the Customer Service Area Manager of the Inner City Clubs
Fun and exciting work environment
Member Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 May 2018
Working at Fitness First brings you together with like minded people who are passionate about health and fitness. There is plenty of opportunity to grow and move to different roles.
Productive and fun workplace.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 April 2018
I have been working as a receptionist at Fitness First and often work at different clubs. This has made me use my skills of adaptability to both new workplaces and making relationships with different staff and customers.
fast-paced, competitive sales environment
Membership Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW28 December 2017
Great place to workout, decent place to be a trainer or receptionist, awful place to be a membership consultant (proven by high turn-around rates). Always a great life experience.
Pros
free gym membership; commission
Cons
must buy uniform; unrealistic expectations; heaps of pressure
Ottima esperienza lavorativa
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Sydney15 December 2017
Formazione personale e lavorativa con un ottimo rapporto con I colleghi di lavoro e clienti.
Eccelenti risultati ottenuti con I miei clienti.
Great team environment
Project Manager / Architect (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW9 November 2017
Fitness First is probably the best company I worked for.
Great team environment and personal development was a focus. The Team Manager always supported us. Training and development were frequently given. I always felt appreciated... I came to work for what the company did for me, which in turn lead to my overall success in the company.
Amazing place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sydney1 June 2017
One of the bet working environments that i have had the pleasure to be part of.

I worked for the company in Sydney Australia, and everybody's passion for fitness was inspiring.

Management were supportive and the staff friendly and welcoming.
Pros
Free gym membership while employed, help fom p.ts
Cons
Fun and lively workspace.
Gym Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sydney Australia12 February 2017
I loved meeting new people and it was very social would love to have the same job but a better pay as they didn't pay very well unfortunately
Cons
Bad pay
Great gym
Floor Instructor (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 January 2017
The gym is brand new with all modern equipment and a pool. There is a high standard to maintaining the cleanliness of the gym and presenting a great brand to potential clients.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
management never there
Membership Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW18 December 2016
Selling memberships was one of the hardest but most fun jobs I have had.
The satisfaction of being able to help someone achieve their goals is a great feeling.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  One George Street1 December 2016
To learn how to build relation with not only co workers but also members of public and working hand in hand with every department so that at the end of the day end off with a smile and a determination to come to work the following day.
Fast paced, ever changing work environment.
Senior Payroll Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney21 August 2016
Fitness First Australia is a great company to work for, if they believe in you they will do everything to keep you on board and challenge you to improve yourself through your work.
Fun place to work
Senior Member Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 July 2016
I have learned how to manage my time and utilise skills in appropriate area. I have enjoyed working with fitness first and team was so helpful especially my manager.
Pros
rewards
Cons
flexible hours
fantastic employer
Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 June 2016
I have loved working for Fitness First, I feel supported, cared for, challenged and respected. I have absolutely no complaints, its been a joy. Fantastic co-workers and great management.
Pros
free membership
educational gym environment
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW11 November 2015
was an interesting place to work with different dynamics of people and personalities. made some good connections with members and was very educational
Young, active and constantly chnaging
Procurement Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney23 May 2015
I love the variety that comes with my role. Every day is a new challenge and I love being able to help the clubs to operate more smoothly. It is a very fast pace and demanding environment. I receive more than 150 emails every day from internal stakeholders to external providers, attend several meetings, negotiate various contracts, implement processes and efficiencies, create policies and audit compliance, manage transitions, control stock, supervise the warehouse, provide solutions, educate, mentor and support Club Managers and my team. I wear many hats every day and I love that. I mostly enjoy the beautiful and rewarding feedback I receive internally and externally; for example Club Managers saying "I am the messiah for Fitness First", " we now have more transparency and control over suppliers", or the feedback from suppliers; "you are one of the best Procurement Managers we have met", "you are very passionate and engaging, you care a lot about your employer, you work with your heart" etc...

The demographics of each Fitness First club are all very different so customizing the offering to each and every club whilst maintaining a national standard approach is quite challenging, however I have leant the art of making this possible.

My colleagues are quire young, fit and fun. This keeps feeling very young too:).
Pros
Complimentary gym membership, flexible working hours
Cons
Liasing with other Fitness First offices in other countries, can be sometimes challenging due to time differences
FREELANCE TRAINER (Former Employee) –  One George Street16 September 2014
Customer Focus: Spearhead initiatives to improve overall well-being of clients, maximizing
customer satisfaction and generating repeat/ new business
o Analyzed customers’ posture problems, devised training modules to correct
posture, and supervised workouts
o Successfully assisted a pre-hypertension client in regulating his blood pressure.
Also, designed customized workout plans for customers with knee injuries, enabling
them to run half/ full marathons
♦ People Management: Foster an environment of mutual trust and respect within teams
and encourage knowledge transfer amongst team members