Fitness First Employee Reviews for Member Services Representative

bad and soul sucking place to work
Member Service Consultant/Reception (Former Employee) –  Richmond VIC16 May 2019
I would not at all recommend working at fitness first (Richmond club). If you are applying for a role as an MSR (sales/customer service) you will be treated like garbage and the wage is not at all worth the hassle for $20 an hour!!!!! I've worked over 10 customer service jobs (in lesser job roles) and by far these have been the worst customers - rude, entitled, precious, pretentious, and very much bullies. The environment of the club is very much like a high school yard, most staff and members don't treat the newbies nicely - not friendly, approachable or welcoming. The staff management is cold and treat you like you're of no value, especially if you have the reception job. You won't get your breaks either unless you constantly ask for them. There are some very very lovely staff and members (that helped to keep a positive work atmosphere)... but overall it was a degrading and undervaluing job. Members have made staff members cry and i dealt with a handful of confrontations. I'm from suburbia so it was really had for me this type of atmosphere and dealing with these kinds of people. I don't want to be so negative and i generally have a positive outlook on things but there is definitely not a lot of nice things to say about this club.

Also, if you have the reception role you will handle the grunt of the work with memberships (initial customer interactions, answering calls/emails and handling bookings, processing paperwork for memberships) and you won't be included in the celebrations when the club makes sales, etc.

The company may be okay to work for, but CHOOSE ANOTHER
  more... CLUB!!!!!!! DEFINITELY NOT RICHMOND!  less
Pros
the handful of nice people (members and staff), free gym membership
Cons
wage, management, customers (members), no breaks, bad atmosphere and people treatment
Fun and exciting work environment
Member Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW13 May 2018
Working at Fitness First brings you together with like minded people who are passionate about health and fitness. There is plenty of opportunity to grow and move to different roles.
chill and good place to work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW21 June 2017
a great place to meet long lasting friends and pay is good if you work hard, free membership for you plus one for your friend, heaps of benefit for new members.
Pros
friends and training
Cons
micro managing
Great people to work with, positive environment, and good benefits
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC24 January 2017
I worked here for 6 months during my time in Australia and it was the perfect job for me as I wanted to maintain health and fitness as well as earn money. I had free membership for my partner and I and plenty of time before, after, and during breaks to have a work out. I also appreciated the opportunity to make more money from hitting budgets. Never had to sit or stand too long. All in all it was great and I learned a lot about sales.
Pros
hour long breaks and two fifteen minute break during the day
Cons
the hours are a bit annoying cause they take up your whole day but I did enjoy waking up later
educational gym environment
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW11 November 2015
was an interesting place to work with different dynamics of people and personalities. made some good connections with members and was very educational