Fitness First Employee Reviews for Membership Sales

Great place to work and career progression
Membership Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, Australia18 June 2019
I worked for Fitness First Carindale in Australia and it was brilliant! I learnt so much and became VERY successful as a salesman for the company. I won top salesman heaps of times and broke a Queensland state record. My managers were friendly and approachable when I needed help and always had time for us. I miss this place massively.
Pros
Career progression
Cons
Over times at close out
Bad place to work for
Admin / Membership Consultant (Former Employee) –  All of Melbourne Vic9 April 2019
• Membership Consulting
• Staff Supervision
• Customer Service
• Stocking control and selling merchandise
• Members First/ Sales First Software
• Clean the Gym
• Open / Lock up procedures
• Cashiering
• Sales
• Data entry
• Log maintenance

Club Managers wouldn't support staff.
If you are sick you must find your own cover or you go to work sick.
Work place bullying.
Pros
Free Gym membership
Cons
Find own cover or go to work when sick. Poorly paid. work place bullying from managers
Fun but Hard
Membership Consultant (Former Employee) –  New South Wales18 July 2018
Great people to work with but long hours and lots of pressure put on you to hit sales targets and achieve budget. There is also a lot of competition created between sales people and also clubs. You need to work hard to earn your commission pay.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Long hours, the pressure
Brilliant workplace
Membership Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD2 March 2017
During my 6 months at fitness first I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. I have learnt many new skills and made friends for life. I was welcomed from the start and was made to feel right at home. I could only work there for 6 months due to the conditions of my visa at the time and was sad to leave such a great team. I have grown as an individual both personally and professionally in those 6 months.
toxic culture
Membership Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC21 January 2017
Fitness first has a toxic culture of greed and shows no loyalty to their customers or staff. They are solely focused of profit to the detriment of all else.
Membership Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW18 December 2016
Selling memberships was one of the hardest but most fun jobs I have had.
The satisfaction of being able to help someone achieve their goals is a great feeling.
Membership Consultant
Membership Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, vic5 September 2014
Probably the worst job I have ever had. Most of the MC's that started with me have already quit. They tell you that you can make so much money but the pay is less then Coles or Safeway. You work very hard-phone stalking people and on streets passing out passes- only to get treated as though you hard work is not enough. You must get over the memberships set for each month to even get a bonus. They pay 10 a membership but seem to find some issue with half the memberships signed up so you dont recieve commission for those. My manager screams at us regularly that we are not working hard enough. Definitely need no morals and tough skin to survive in this position. They say fitness first what they really mean is money first employees last.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
Management is awful, Pay is subpar, negative work environment
social work place
Membership Consultant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne CBD13 January 2013
The Membership Consultant call centre is the engine room that generates all the business. We have a strong relationship with our members, we cold call, we sell face to face and we also hand out flyers in the streets to generate business for the club. With out the Membership Consultants there would be no Fitness First.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
not paid for overtime