Fitness First Employee Reviews for Personal Trainer

A great start in the industry
Personal Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Balgowlah NSW3 April 2019
Typically, your day consisted of 1-on-1 catch up with your PT's helping them build their business, rostering of Level 1 PT's, scheduling small group training and sourcing/interviewing potential new trainers.
Weekly you reviewed fitness department budgets and where on top of club budgets as well.
Hardest part of the job is the constant push for getting new people into memberships and recruiting decent trainers.
Pros
Working in the fitness industry
Cons
Long Hours, minimal management salary
Understaffed at times.
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 March 2019
Work life balance is great, as a level 1 trainer or a Front of house staff, there's very few hours to go around with more and more cut backs to monthly budgets. The local club managers do their best to stretch the budget but it's clear there are more staff needed at times. The one area they do employ is membership consultants, there's a great deal of those, but the retainers aren't great and the budgets often a bit maladjusted for the season. They end up working additional hours of overtime for no pay with the desperate goal of hitting the member budget, only to go home with zero reward if they're short by one or two members that month.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Pay
awesome spot
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA20 January 2019
This is the martial arts school to train in if you are looking at learning a truly traditional martial art with real standards!

This class has instructors who have been training for many years, standing the test of time due to their supportive and professional teachings.

I have trained at this class for more than 10 years and will continue to train in their classes as the instruction is second to none and I am always challenged to improve my skills.
personnal trainer
PERSONAL TRAINER - SELF EMPLYED (Former Employee) –  Epping VIC28 August 2017
At first the job was great managers, and then when fitness first decided to close the doors, I lost all my clients but they still what there rent. And wouldnt let me work so I didn't pay rent as I felt it was here fault that all my clients left.
Pros
free training
Cons
late nights and some every early morning
fantastic work environment with supportive team
personal trainer (Former Employee) –  Mosman NSW23 January 2017
I've never worked with such a supportive team and in such a welcoming friendly environment. If you are willing to put in the work you will excel here.
Great and fun place to work!
Personal trainer (Franchised - Self employed) (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC16 January 2017
I had a great experience there!

I was a part of a family environment that were very supportive of eachother and accepting of everyone!
Vibrant
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Newtown NSW8 January 2017
Vibrant, busy, and friendly place to have worked at. I had flexible work hours that allowed me to study full time and complete my masters degree in physiotherapy.
Friendly Staff and Gym members
Assisting the Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City VIC5 September 2016
Even though this job was only for Work Placement, But I find it exciting as the Staff and Members are Friendly and it is nice to be able to assist a Personal Trainer during training sessions
It was what you made of it
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD13 June 2016
Personal Training is as good as you make it. Use what you learnt in your course to make the absolute best out of your business. Seek help from the other PT's and the management of the gym as well, they've most likely been a PT themselves.
Either love it or Hate it
Level 1 Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Maroubra, NSW6 May 2015
The job consists of shift work starting from 6am and working until 9pm (4-5 hour shifts).

You teach group fitness classes once or twice a shift. The main aim of the shift is to pick up potential new leads to add to your client base.

This job requires a very specific mindset. If you are not 100% commited then it is not the job for you.
Pros
Great teammates, Class teaching is fun, Pay is average.
Cons
Get bored easy, Need to accept a lot of face-to-face rejection, shifts can be very irregular and taxing.
Cool Place
Level 1 Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Bondi, NSW4 April 2015
Good place to work, plenty of opportunity, so many nice and supportive people, fantastic facility

Management are very helpful and supportive
Productive and fun place to work in.
Franchise Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Maroubra NSW2 February 2014
The best part of this job is that you get to meet so many different people whom you are able to help become healthy and fit
Pros
Ability to assist people with their lifestyle changes to become healthier and fitter
Cons
Long hours and high rental charges
Fun and well organised work environement
Shadowed Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Indooroopilly, QLD28 July 2013
Was never boring, great environment, hard working staff, learnt alot. Just thouroghly enjoyed being there.