Fitness First Employee Review

View all Fitness First reviews

A great start in the industry
Personal Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Balgowlah NSW3 April 2019
Typically, your day consisted of 1-on-1 catch up with your PT's helping them build their business, rostering of Level 1 PT's, scheduling small group training and sourcing/interviewing potential new trainers.
Weekly you reviewed fitness department budgets and where on top of club budgets as well.
Hardest part of the job is the constant push for getting new people into memberships and recruiting decent trainers.
Pros
Working in the fitness industry
Cons
Long Hours, minimal management salary

Other Fitness First Employee Reviews

Great place to work and career progression
Membership Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, Australia18 June 2019
I worked for Fitness First Carindale in Australia and it was brilliant! I learnt so much and became VERY successful as a salesman for the company. I won top salesman heaps of times and broke a Queensland state record. My managers were friendly and approachable when I needed help and always had time for us. I miss this place massively.
Pros
Career progression
Cons
Over times at close out
Sell, Instruct, Train. In that order.
Level-1 Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 May 2019
In this role, your sales muscle is the one you need to train most frequently when you start out at the bottom rung of the ladder. It's kind of a given that you must be good at the other stuff (training clients, delivering group fitness classes, building rapport with members etc). Also, the role might be part time, but you are expected to be flexible with that. Meaning, your business building is sort of on your own time, which means anybody with a full time job will need to think twice before dabbling with this "part time and a half" endeavour. But, the satisfaction of teaching movements and exercises to beginners is bar none, and those with a flair for group exercise delivery will enjoy the role. But make sure you do, while you last in it, because in the end, it's about the sessions and sales. You will last if you can sell (and obviously train with an acceptable level of expertise).
Cons
No Job security