Fitness First Employee Reviews

chill and good place to work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Parramatta NSW21 June 2017
a great place to meet long lasting friends and pay is good if you work hard, free membership for you plus one for your friend, heaps of benefit for new members.
Pros
friends and training
Cons
micro managing
Amazing place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sydney1 June 2017
One of the bet working environments that i have had the pleasure to be part of.

I worked for the company in Sydney Australia, and everybody's passion for fitness was inspiring.

Management were supportive and the staff friendly and welcoming.
Pros
Free gym membership while employed, help fom p.ts
Cons
Great leadership and fun company to work for.
Club Manager (Former Employee) –  Subiaco WA16 April 2017
Fitness First is probably the best company I worked for.
Great team environment and personal development was a focus. The State Manager always supported us. Training and development was frequently given. I always felt appreciated... I came to work for what the company did for me, which in turn lead to my overall success in the company.
Pros
Training and development
Cons
Longs hours
Brilliant workplace
Membership Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD2 March 2017
During my 6 months at fitness first I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. I have learnt many new skills and made friends for life. I was welcomed from the start and was made to feel right at home. I could only work there for 6 months due to the conditions of my visa at the time and was sad to leave such a great team. I have grown as an individual both personally and professionally in those 6 months.
Cheerful and Fun Environment, Hands on Physical Work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Maroubra NSW28 February 2017
Fitness First was a job where we attended to the needs of any customers and answered any questions they might of had, whilst we most clean and move equipment and tidied up the main gym space. The workplace was a happy and fun environment where everyone would say hello and have a chat.
Pros
Free Lunches, Lively Work Space
Fun and lively workspace.
Gym Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sydney Australia12 February 2017
I loved meeting new people and it was very social would love to have the same job but a better pay as they didn't pay very well unfortunately
Cons
Bad pay
Great people to work with, positive environment, and good benefits
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC24 January 2017
I worked here for 6 months during my time in Australia and it was the perfect job for me as I wanted to maintain health and fitness as well as earn money. I had free membership for my partner and I and plenty of time before, after, and during breaks to have a work out. I also appreciated the opportunity to make more money from hitting budgets. Never had to sit or stand too long. All in all it was great and I learned a lot about sales.
Pros
hour long breaks and two fifteen minute break during the day
Cons
the hours are a bit annoying cause they take up your whole day but I did enjoy waking up later
fantastic work environment with supportive team
personal trainer (Former Employee) –  Mosman NSW23 January 2017
I've never worked with such a supportive team and in such a welcoming friendly environment. If you are willing to put in the work you will excel here.
toxic culture
Membership Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC21 January 2017
Fitness first has a toxic culture of greed and shows no loyalty to their customers or staff. They are solely focused of profit to the detriment of all else.
Great and fun place to work!
Personal trainer (Franchised - Self employed) (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC16 January 2017
I had a great experience there!

I was a part of a family environment that were very supportive of eachother and accepting of everyone!
Great gym
Floor Instructor (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 January 2017
The gym is brand new with all modern equipment and a pool. There is a high standard to maintaining the cleanliness of the gym and presenting a great brand to potential clients.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
management never there
Vibrant
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Newtown NSW8 January 2017
Vibrant, busy, and friendly place to have worked at. I had flexible work hours that allowed me to study full time and complete my masters degree in physiotherapy.
Membership Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW18 December 2016
Selling memberships was one of the hardest but most fun jobs I have had.
The satisfaction of being able to help someone achieve their goals is a great feeling.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  One George Street1 December 2016
To learn how to build relation with not only co workers but also members of public and working hand in hand with every department so that at the end of the day end off with a smile and a determination to come to work the following day.
Fun and friendly atmosphere
Member Retention (Former Employee) –  Bondi2 November 2016
A fantastic place to work. Sometimes the days are extremely busy and tough on the mind, but the team stick together and get through. The management were sensational, always eager to help and always looking to help you progress if you are willing yourself.
Pros
Great commissions
Cons
Slight lack of structure
Great Facilities
Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC12 September 2016
Great place to come and teach classes. High level of maintenance and quality of equipment. Managers look after staff well and the pay rates are some of the best in the fitness industry.
Friendly Staff and Gym members
Assisting the Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City VIC5 September 2016
Even though this job was only for Work Placement, But I find it exciting as the Staff and Members are Friendly and it is nice to be able to assist a Personal Trainer during training sessions
Fast paced, ever changing work environment.
Senior Payroll Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney21 August 2016
Fitness First Australia is a great company to work for, if they believe in you they will do everything to keep you on board and challenge you to improve yourself through your work.
Fun place to work
Senior Member Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 July 2016
I have learned how to manage my time and utilise skills in appropriate area. I have enjoyed working with fitness first and team was so helpful especially my manager.
Pros
rewards
Cons
flexible hours
It was what you made of it
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD13 June 2016
Personal Training is as good as you make it. Use what you learnt in your course to make the absolute best out of your business. Seek help from the other PT's and the management of the gym as well, they've most likely been a PT themselves.