Fitness First Employee Reviews

Fun and Friendly
Gym Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bondi NSW15 April 2016
I have loved my time here, made a real bond with all co workers and members. great perks too, early hours but get to home early too.
Pros
free membership
Cons
early starts
upbeat with sense of belonging
Play Zone Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wynnum West QLD15 March 2016
A typical day at work is always different. Over all there is structure and Routine but there is always an unexpected laugh of the day or a heart warming experience either by one of the beautiful children or members/ parents using the club.

I most enjoy being in most cases a Huge part of members fitness journeys especially those gaining their Pre baby body back.
Pros
Free gym membership
Cons
early Saturday morning starts interfere with my Saturday morning 5k "park run"
Great people and members
Senior Receptionist (Former Employee) –  malvern valley28 February 2016
Opening up the gym every morning at 5:45am, general reception and admin. staff are friendly, arrears call I did not enjoy calling people ask for money but it was expected of my job. Great team.
educational gym environment
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW11 November 2015
was an interesting place to work with different dynamics of people and personalities. made some good connections with members and was very educational
Fun place to work
Les Mills Group Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia27 July 2015
As a fitness instructor and receptionist, I had a great time with all the staff and members. It was a positive and rewarding job.
Geat work, Great staff all around great place.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Innaloo, Peth29 June 2015
A typical day of work would actually start before the shift even started, my team and I would all train together in the morning and get the release of endorphins to get the day started. We would all grab a morning coffee and hit the floor running, all supporting eachother to hit our goals and targets.

I learnt a lot working at Fitness First, I learnt the skills of communication with customers and how to build customer relationships, they taught me how to set goals and how to achieve those goals.

I wouldn't call my team co-workers, I was say we were more friends than anything, we would all push each other and all hangout after work even out club manager would come out on weekends. They taught me the mentality of working hard monday to friday so the weekends feel so great! We weren't the most successful club in australia for nothing, we had the best work and fun ratio. We knew when to work hard and when to play hard.
Young, active and constantly chnaging
Procurement Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney23 May 2015
I love the variety that comes with my role. Every day is a new challenge and I love being able to help the clubs to operate more smoothly. It is a very fast pace and demanding environment. I receive more than 150 emails every day from internal stakeholders to external providers, attend several meetings, negotiate various contracts, implement processes and efficiencies, create policies and audit compliance, manage transitions, control stock, supervise the warehouse, provide solutions, educate, mentor and support Club Managers and my team. I wear many hats every day and I love that. I mostly enjoy the beautiful and rewarding feedback I receive internally and externally; for example Club Managers saying "I am the messiah for Fitness First", " we now have more transparency and control over suppliers", or the feedback from suppliers; "you are one of the best Procurement Managers we have met", "you are very passionate and engaging, you care a lot about your employer, you work with your heart" etc...

The demographics of each Fitness First club are all very different so customizing the offering to each and every club whilst maintaining a national standard approach is quite challenging, however I have leant the art of making this possible.

My colleagues are quire young, fit and fun. This keeps feeling very young too:).
Pros
Complimentary gym membership, flexible working hours
Cons
Liasing with other Fitness First offices in other countries, can be sometimes challenging due to time differences
Either love it or Hate it
Level 1 Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Maroubra, NSW6 May 2015
The job consists of shift work starting from 6am and working until 9pm (4-5 hour shifts).

You teach group fitness classes once or twice a shift. The main aim of the shift is to pick up potential new leads to add to your client base.

This job requires a very specific mindset. If you are not 100% commited then it is not the job for you.
Pros
Great teammates, Class teaching is fun, Pay is average.
Cons
Get bored easy, Need to accept a lot of face-to-face rejection, shifts can be very irregular and taxing.
Fitness is FUN
Senior Payroll Officer (Former Employee) –  Bondi Junction, NSW14 April 2015
Great place to work - management responsible and teams productivity was excellent.

Created many SOP's and training was smooth, payroll team excellent everyone worked well together.

Hardest part for working for Fitness First - nothing

Most Enjoyable part - wanted to go to work each day
Pros
Free gym membership
Cool Place
Level 1 Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Bondi, NSW4 April 2015
Good place to work, plenty of opportunity, so many nice and supportive people, fantastic facility

Management are very helpful and supportive
Active friendly work environment
Floor Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fitness First Kotara26 March 2015
i loved this job , we were all very close staff members .
A lot of opportunities were available to me .
a typical day was either upstairs working with members teaching classes or down stairs working with kids in the creche facility
Pros
Free gym membership
FREELANCE TRAINER (Former Employee) –  One George Street16 September 2014
Customer Focus: Spearhead initiatives to improve overall well-being of clients, maximizing
customer satisfaction and generating repeat/ new business
o Analyzed customers’ posture problems, devised training modules to correct
posture, and supervised workouts
o Successfully assisted a pre-hypertension client in regulating his blood pressure.
Also, designed customized workout plans for customers with knee injuries, enabling
them to run half/ full marathons
♦ People Management: Foster an environment of mutual trust and respect within teams
and encourage knowledge transfer amongst team members
Membership Consultant
Membership Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, vic5 September 2014
Probably the worst job I have ever had. Most of the MC's that started with me have already quit. They tell you that you can make so much money but the pay is less then Coles or Safeway. You work very hard-phone stalking people and on streets passing out passes- only to get treated as though you hard work is not enough. You must get over the memberships set for each month to even get a bonus. They pay 10 a membership but seem to find some issue with half the memberships signed up so you dont recieve commission for those. My manager screams at us regularly that we are not working hard enough. Definitely need no morals and tough skin to survive in this position. They say fitness first what they really mean is money first employees last.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
Management is awful, Pay is subpar, negative work environment
Good
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD15 July 2014
Job was done at night as we had our own vehicle.Learned a lot about cleaning a gym in detail. Co workers were indeed a best co workers that any one could have.
There were no any hard part of my job. Enjoyed doing my job as it didn't disturb my university going time. didn't had to take any kind of leave.
Pros
We could take anything to eat if we want
Cons
Productive and fun place to work in.
Franchise Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Maroubra NSW2 February 2014
The best part of this job is that you get to meet so many different people whom you are able to help become healthy and fit
Pros
Ability to assist people with their lifestyle changes to become healthier and fitter
Cons
Long hours and high rental charges
Very friendly
Yoga teacher (Current Employee) –  Central Coast Erina2 January 2014
Fun,loyal customers, friendly environment. My job isn't hard and its always enjoyable
Cons
not enough hours
kick start
Junior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Erina, NSW11 September 2013
supervision of children
oh&s management
light admin duties
Fun and well organised work environement
Shadowed Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Indooroopilly, QLD28 July 2013
Was never boring, great environment, hard working staff, learnt alot. Just thouroghly enjoyed being there.
social work place
Membership Consultant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne CBD13 January 2013
The Membership Consultant call centre is the engine room that generates all the business. We have a strong relationship with our members, we cold call, we sell face to face and we also hand out flyers in the streets to generate business for the club. With out the Membership Consultants there would be no Fitness First.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
not paid for overtime