Flight Centre Employee Reviews

Very Low Salary
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD16 July 2018
Retail staff are only paid $33,000 for fulltime, yet they advertise more. I would get paid more working casually at mcdonalds. Way too many hours for very little pay.
Cons
Low Pay
Think Twice
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Glenelg SA24 April 2018
You work all the hours under the sun for minimal pay. Even when you are successful they change the commission structure on you.
The training is good but there are better agencies out there with better conditions. Some of the managers use what amounts to bullying tactics to get the job done.
Pros
Training
Cons
Long hours, low pay.
Responsibility and Organisation
Senior Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sydney, Australia19 March 2018
- A typical day would include having consultations with clients about trips want to go on. After bookings are made it also my responsibility to contact suppliers and whole seller to pass on information and confirm bookings. I will pay supplier invoices and record all financial details in the client's ledger.
-I have learned the sales process as well as multiple systems used within the travel industry. I have also learned to be more organised and punctual.
-Part of my job is managing my own business. Although I have amazing store managers, i have also learned management skills as it is my responsibility to look after my clients from start to finish.
-The work Place culture in flight centre is extremely social. I tend to go out to functions with colleagues outside of work hours as I see value in having strong friendly relationships in the work place. I have found that this makes my workplace more pleasant to be a part of.
-The hardest part of the job would be managing a good work/life balance. It is easy for me to spend too much time at work because I don't like leaving work half done.
-The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet new people. It means that there is always someone new and each day is different to the last. I also love being part of the process of booking a holiday.
Pros
being in an industry I am passionate about, incentives that allow me to travel as part of work
Cons
very long hours
The pay is not worth how hard you work
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Queensland11 December 2017
The pay is miserable for how hard you work. You never get out of the offie on time, and even when you do there is always a million things you are worried about. You often wake up in the middle of the night with lists of things to do...these are called FlightMares! They are very real!
Pros
Lots of alcohol at the big parties
Cons
Long, hard hours
perfect
Student Work Placement (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 December 2017
Everyone was amazing, they had a restaurant on the top floor for lunches, they had a slide that went down three levels, each meeting room was a different country, its my DREAM JOB!
Pros
the people, enviroment, veiw of brisbane
Cons
can't think of any!
Bullying is a reality here
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  St Georges SA27 October 2017
This company are very autocratic and they do not respect privacy or individual needs. As a person with a disability I was badl7 discriminated against and bullied.
Empresa com pessoas super simpáticas. Líder na indústria.
Travel Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney5 October 2017
Empresa inqualificável! Pessoas de categoria profissional, métodos magníficos e com métodos fantásticos!
Loved it at first
Manager (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA3 October 2017
I had worked at Flight Centre for nearly 16 years. But as you get older they want you gone. This company has gone down the pan in the last 5 years. Please do not bother !!!
Pros
Good Money
Rewarding workplace.
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Queensland30 September 2017
Flight Centre is a great company to work for as they offer may incentives and truly reward you for achievements. Working towards targets is good for staying motivated and committed.
Hard work, rewarding for some
Travel Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toormina NSW25 July 2017
This was a difficult workplace. The occasional person can make good commission but from my experience you work longer hours with no overtime and are only just making budget, and so making little commission.
Pros
Company culture
Cons
Long hours, lots of pressure
Not what it used to be.
Everything. (Current Employee) –  Victoria13 July 2017
KPI focused position.
You make a mistake it comes from your wage.
Long hours with the expectation you are contactable 24/7 to your clients. Your mobile number has to go on your business card.
Salary based - very long hours not reflected in the amount you are paid.
Only very few get to the level of remuneration often spoken about at interviews etc.
Pros
Famils - if you are lucky
Cons
Cult like.
Fantastic team and company culture
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Melba19 June 2017
I absolutely love the team I work with and the company culture. Great company to grow and progress in and very job secure, however the industry just isn't for me.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Long hours, underpaid
Not the right fit for me
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  South Australia5 May 2017
Just not happy to see that the huge amounts off effort put in on my part was no where near reflected in the rewards reeped.

also the inconsistency in pay makes it very hard to plan ones own life.
Pros
Great staff and culture
Cons
Hours put in do not reflect in pay.
No work life balance
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA4 April 2017
If you are young and used to earning minimum wage this job is okay. Very few people make much more than minimum wage and that is a big part of why the staff turn over rate is so incredibly high. In my experience the people who manage each store are more often than not put in the roles because they have been there a long time, and no consideration is taken as to whether they have the ability to manage people. You do have access to discounted travel (some of the discounts are amazing) however as you're making such a small income it doesn't really equal out. You are expected to have your mobile number available to your client and your number must go on your bussiness card without exception. I have worked up to 10 days in a row without a day off - there simply is no work like balance with this company.
Pros
Discounted travel, fun work environment
Cons
No work life balance, low salary, unpaid overtime, monthly unpaid work function you must attend, poor management.
Great Company to work for as a young starting professional
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC5 March 2017
Would have to say to be prepared for a salary sacrifice of your lifestyle. The job is hard. The rewards are good but be wary it may not be for everyone.
Pros
Free travel
Cons
The harder you work, the outcome isn't the same.
No Life balance
nternational Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane23 January 2017
The company is nice if you are young and likes to travel and party.
I'm married and it's not easy to have meetings after work during the week and work on the weekends.
You also need to sell A LOT OF travel to make some money.
A great place to work for those who are passionate and driven
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Parramatta NSW13 December 2016
Flight Centre is a fantastic environment and incredibly supportive for those who seek a genuine career in the travel industry. Lots of opportunity is provided for consultants to grow and experience the world and their products.
Good benefits, low wages
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Perth WA13 December 2016
Having worked for this company for near three years, i have experienced the highs and lows of the job. It is a great bunch of like minded people to work with, and a great opportunity to travel the world, plus the company encourages job advancement.

The turnover of staff is ridiculous. You are thrown into the deep end after a couple weeks of basic training. A lot of people quit within the first year. It is a stressful job with a big learning curve, and only the top few will earn decent wage. You work long and hard for your commission with quite a bit of overtime.

In saying that, the job has definitely helped teach and improve numerous skills. My attention to detail and ability to deal with stressful situations have majorly improved, as has my computer efficiency, sales skills, face to face & non face to face communication. Not to mention the improvement of my geography knowledge.
Nothing they promised! No work life balance
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Springfield Lakes QLD5 December 2016
The only good thing about my experience working at Flight Centre was one the my coworkers and two the experience I got out of it.
I didn't have a supportive manager! There is no such thing as work life balance. And the pay is not great at all! No work environment should be that stressful that you are taking it home with you and working 9 days in a row without any breaks.
Nice office, great people
Product Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD21 November 2016
I worked with them for more then 10 years.
Most days were the same
The Company culture to not take breaks.
Buzz nights end up being a bit of a chore rather than a celebration

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flight Centre. Our community is ready to answer.