Flight Centre
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Flight Centre Employee Reviews

Australia146 reviews
at first i loved my job at flight centre, its competative, rewarding and fun. however, they can be very slack with communication and will do anything to cut costs aka, make first years redundant during covid just so they dont need to pay them out.
Been with FCL for a while. Have worked hard, worked my way up and been given every opportunity to grow and succeed. You need to also take those tough day with the good days like any other role, good thing about FCL is you have friends and a family to support you.
Pros
Opportunity, growth, experience
Cons
Stressful and competitive - my manager kept telling us that if we didn’t hit our monthly targets we’d be fired the following month. The benefits in the job were amazing - the travel industry takes care of their own - and there was so much support in the role. However it’s head-to-head within your store- they talk about supporting one another but then steal customers and threaten termination if you have a bad month.
Pros
Discounts, buzz nights
Cons
Terrible management, competitive
Such an unfortunate company. Your colleagues are just as taken advantage of as you are which Flight Centre preys on hard and dedicated workers. Management is an absolute joke. An entire rollercoaster ride in less than a year..
Pros
Benefits, colleagues are just as passionate as each other
Cons
Management, salary (under minimum wage), workload, expectation of knowledge, unprofessional
The management is good they are looking after their employees. They have amazing benefits like health and wellness. You can have access to the gym with complete facilities.
Flight Centre is not the job for everyone but I love it. I worked under fantastic leadership who gave me all the tools to succeed. I deepened my passion for customer service and was able to do something I loved every day. The culture is fantastic and the incentives are great and rewarding. It is a difficult, hard and often stressful job but can also be very rewarding.
Extremely beneficial company to work for as your remuneration is uncapped. Lots of rewards for high sales. Areas of opportunity for your brightness of future.
Great people, top culture. Hard work for sure, but the rewards and the people make it all worth while. Driving knowledge and watching people develop and flourish is great
Fast dynamic moving company Sales orientated Great culture Can be stressful Wage is based on your Sales Need to be resilient and persistant great team working environment
You get out of it what you put in, There will be long days, mistakes and fun clients and on the other hand there is great rewards, great mates to make, always learning atmosphere
Highly recommend a career in Flight Centre. You are well looked after. You need to put in the hard work to reap the rewards. Great career progression. Multiple job opportunities within the business.
Great culture and lots of opportunity to move within the company. Good training and development and encouraged to develop and look forward to what you want in your next role.
Fun Place to work Collaborative team Great Managers Mentoring and training regularly Great work life balance Training in head office with paid flights and accomodation
Honestly, the best place I have ever worked, I would not have spent the better part of two decades working for them. Coming from an IT background and only looking for a brief stint before acquiring a job in IT;I worked my way up from a consultant through to a senior leadership position. There's not a single bad thing I can say about the company that cares passionately about their people and rewards and recognises successful individuals. I wish the travel and tourism industry wasn't decimated from COVID-19 as it really breaks my heart to be stood down from employment.
Cons
Great culture and an amazing job with opportunity to work your way up the company. The cons are the long hours and the pay structure. You get out what you put in. To be on high figures you need to put the hours in.
Pros
culture
Cons
long hours and the pay
Fun and competitive workplace. Management opportunities bases on KPI's. Fast paced and stressful job at times. Great company to make friends for life.
I don't feel this is relevant in the current environment. If you lack integrity, then you can stand by the fees you charge as a way of increasing your commission. I don't lack integrity.
Think it a 730 report story come out last year . It is all true , the client is guarantee to walk out of a flight centre store over paying. You are bullied if you don’t over charged clients
A typical day at the Flight Centre is very exciting and everything has been organized. Very relaxing and friendly atmosphere. One of the most enjoyable parts of the job is social events.
Amazing culture with passion for the travel industry and priorities for staff held at the heart of the business! Constant training and career progression opportunities available to everyone.
Flight Centre has a great working culture and supply all the material you need to help assist you with systems and becoming a Travel Agent. i don't think they pay fairly and the workload / life balance was not desirable.