FLIR Systems Employee Reviews

Back stabbing
Executive Assistant supporting CFO (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VA12 June 2019
This company does not value their employees. Management is very cut throat and not willing to put forth the effort to change the working environment. They are constantly letting employees go because they feel like it. They also, are pushing to higher minorities to get funding for projects.
Good Place to work
Supply Chain/Procurement Support (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TN12 June 2019
FLIR is a good place to work. Wonderful Products.
In Oak Ridge, TN - A small and growing local facility with minimal opportunity for growth without willingness to relocate.
Sweat shop
BDC Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, OR30 May 2019
Not much to write about. No recognition and very low wages. Just a job and a pay check. New management is not concerned about people. It almost seems to me like they would like to sell off the G&D business and funnel the revenue into commercial part of business.
Pros
Cons
Lost all PTO without full payout.
Good working environment
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, IN31 March 2019
Explored many aspects of the engineering task while developing products. I liked that management supports new ideas to try and research. Latest tools available to finish the engineering task.
Pros
Good benefits
Ok
Warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NH22 February 2019
A typical day at work - average.
What you learned - average.
Management - average.
Workplace culture - average.
The hardest part of the job - average.
The most enjoyable part of the job - average.
Mechanical Designer (Former Employee) –  West Lafayette, IN6 February 2019
Great employees to work with while I was there. enjoyed my time while i was there and would work there again. Bright future and always looking to grow the business.
It was a great place to work
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MT27 November 2018
FLIR was a great job for me. We worked on exciting new products and were always learning new things. They required a high level of performance but provided excellent on the job training.
Pros
Fantastic People
FLIR has potential
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CA2 November 2018
Great company making outstanding IR vision systems that has the potential to go big. Soon to be seen in all handheld phones if they can successfully scale up production and do high volume/low cost as well as they do low volume/high cost products. Good workplace, competitive wages.
Finance Officer (Current Employee) –  Kings Hill9 October 2018
great team, nice environment to work, zero stress.
I enjoy working at Flir, company provides you with a great work/life balance.The management are very supportive.
Excellent work environment
Test Lead (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CA1 October 2018
It provides an excellent work environment. Able to learn new things and process at the work place. Overall the management is interactive and excellent.
Great
Accounting Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA27 September 2018
Great company to work for.

Great people, great mentor-ship. The companies growing focus to dominate the thermal and nigh-vision imaging arena is great.
Great Company
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR17 September 2018
This company was fun as it was an international company and you learned so much from so many different cultures. Everyone one was hard working but got along great.
productive workplace
Distribution Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NH1 September 2018
This is a really good company that doesn't treat it's employees well in terms of job growth. Typical desk job. Management is good at lower levels. Hardest part of the job is working on a team with people not doing their share.
Laid back environment with no advancement
Assembler (Former Employee) –  North Billerica, MA 0186230 August 2018
0 chance of advancement people would rather not train you on their job just for job security. Fellow employees look out for themselves and seems like you have to suck up to the boss just to be on their good side. Other than that it’s a good easy place to work if you like to settle for what you have and there is no micro management or and they work with you with time you would like to come in or make up. Also they match 50% 401k which is the best part.
Pros
Cafe, 401k, events, not stressful environment
Cons
Lack of advancement, culture, very cheap bon
Flir is a good company to work for the benefit is good.
Optical Technician (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MA24 August 2018
Flir is a good company to work for the benefit is good. Very good environment the people is are very friendly and out going. We help each other to succeed in our goal and always lending hand in area that is need assisntant.
Produktiv och hälsosam arbetsmiljö.
Sommarjobb (Former Employee) –  Täby22 August 2018
Blev snabbt tränad för att hänga med i arbetsuppgiften, hade god kommunikation med andra på avdelningen och fick alltid säga vad jag tycker om arbetsuppgiften.
Highest Quality of Work I have had to perform.
Optical Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Freeport, PA20 July 2018
The work performed by myself and the entire team came down to less than three seconds for a soldier using our product in the field.
Any type of failure could result in our countries bravest coming home alive or not. We constantly held each other accountable for only building the most reliable and quality product each and every day.
great group of diverse staff to work with
Administrative Coordinator (contractual) (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MD16 July 2018
In the department I worked in was relaxed however, my immediate supervisor was working a tasked newly assigned to her and she blamed everyone for her lack of knowledge of the job. She was not organized and her expectations were unrealistic.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Mixed messages from managrmrnt in the NH and higher up management
Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NH10 July 2018
Work is very stressful. The lack of consideration for the employees from HR and management is disgusting. They throw that transparency word around like its gold yet management and HR dont follow through and send mixed messages.
Benefits are great!
Benefits
Cons
Management and HR. disappointing that you cant trust them
Great Products
Corporate Planning Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, OR17 June 2018
After I left, a new management team came in and I hear it is better. When I was there, expectations were unrealistic and had poor management. Speaking with HR was worthless.