FLIR Systems Employee Reviews

Great Products
Corporate Planning Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, OR17 June 2018
After I left, a new management team came in and I hear it is better. When I was there, expectations were unrealistic and had poor management. Speaking with HR was worthless.
rolig och avslapnad arbetsmiljö
Konsult (Current Employee) –  Täby4 June 2018
Lins-avdelningen på Flir är en bra arbetsplats med bra arbetskollegor.
Great Place
Digital Designer (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CA2 June 2018
The best place i have worked in my career. Amazing friendly people, kind, and supportive. The company is at the cutting edge of Infrared Tech and continues to push its designs into a wider market.
Pros
Cons
Locaiton
Great Technology
STRATEGIC CHANNEL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, IL14 May 2018
Fun to sell and drive new product development.
Always trying to maximize share holder and company goals with Distributors in mind. FLIR works to solve problems that exist but that many have decided not to solve.
Flir is a generally good place to work.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, OR11 May 2018
Flir is a generally good place to work. As long as one kept busy one wasn't hassled by supervisors. They were good about letting one use paid time off at any time and for any reason. The pay and benefits were comparable to similar companies in the area.
Great culture, work is interesting
Software Testing Automation (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC28 April 2018
I learned about the manufacturing process of machine vision cameras and the entire cycle including development seemed to be quite well established, unsure about how easy it is for advancement in career here but people are generally quite satisfied.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible hours
Productive and fun workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CA23 April 2018
Typical work day was very laid-back.

The most important thing I learned was continuous Improvement Kaizen.

Management ran the company very well.

Workplace culture was amazing.

Hardest thing about my job was meeting deadlines.

Most enjoyable part of my job was laid-back environment.
Work experience
Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ridgefield Park, NJ19 April 2018
Great joy to work at Flir. Everyone is supportive and managers only want you to succeed. Managers are transparent. Information is shared among all peers.
Thermal imaging Infrared Telescopic Systems
Electro-Optical/Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MA10 April 2018
Flir was a great place to work. there was plenty of challenge and advancement. Great hours, with a comparable benefits package, makes for a company that one could be happy to work for
Pros
Challengin, room for advancement, and great hours
Good environment and great people.
QC Inspector and Safety Administrator (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OK4 April 2018
FLIR Stillwater has a great working environment. A great team, extremely focused and hard working. Goal oriented and a good foundation. Honored to make products that help save lives and livelihoods.
Productive and fun work place
Interpreter/Translator & training manager (Former Employee) –  Middle East31 March 2018
I like to work for Flir and got release letter for redandancy exercise. They regret and called me a week later asking for my services. There is no professionalism
Wonderful comapny
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  North Billerica, MA23 March 2018
FLIR is an awesome Company. Great people, great technology and great partners. Cutting edge. Also a Government contractor. Based in OR with a nice facility in NH and MA.
A good company to work for.
Accounting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NH2 March 2018
I was very happy doing my job. I like the people who work there. I was very busy with working in Payables and also working in Receiveables. I enjoyed my position with the company and also doing the sales people their expense reports.
Pros
Mainly being my own boss.
Cons
Didn't like to travel in the winter time.
Exciting experience at Mid-Cap company's HQ
Hardware Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, OR16 February 2018
FLIR is a large company that has a tight knit community of bright individuals always willing to work together. Being one of the younger employees, I never felt left out or ignored by any co-worker or manager. Instead, FLIR gave me proper training that enabled me to maximize my productivity.
Fast paced and cut throat
Mechanical Designer (Current Employee) –  Elkridge, MD9 February 2018
Knowing the programs they use is helpful to include learning new software quick keeps you there. Always be on your toes because this company likes blowing smoke and really doesn't protect there low level employees
Pros
Free bagels once a month
Cons
You never know the truth
Small Company; Interesting Job
Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL6 February 2018
Good Company to work for. Interesting projects specially in the laser components technology. Jobs may be a little volatile since the Company deals a lot with the Government.
awesome job
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, OR5 February 2018
It was great working with FLIR Systems in Wilsonville Oregon. The pay was comparable, employees were great to work with, everyone was great and fun to work with
Very good company to work at!!!
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CA25 January 2018
Management is OK and could be better. But overall, excellent place.
Very nica people and job is secure. Benefints are the best in industry............
great place to work
Production Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CA8 December 2017
Well we did have a ping pong table. Made some very good friends working there. people were polite and very professional. At the end of each quarter we would have entertaining meetings followed by great BBQ and drink.
Pros
Bbq
Cons
commute
Fun at times Only good to start your career.
Calibration Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NH4 December 2017
Started in a small company before Flir bought it out. For a while it was fun but no place to move up/advance. Pay wasn’t great for almost 12 years of service. Family health care price is a joke. Finally decided to see what was out there and got a new job. Fellow co worker decided to do the same and go to the same place I went to. Two days before he started they decided to keep him with a counter offer. I was gone from the company no more than 30 days with no counter offer amount at all and they decided to keep him.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Pay advancement and expensive health care