FLIR Systems Employee Reviews

Fun at times Only good to start your career.
Calibration Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NH4 December 2017
Started in a small company before Flir bought it out. For a while it was fun but no place to move up/advance. Pay wasn’t great for almost 12 years of service. Family health care price is a joke. Finally decided to see what was out there and got a new job. Fellow co worker decided to do the same and go to the same place I went to. Two days before he started they decided to keep him with a counter offer. I was gone from the company no more than 30 days with no counter offer amount at all and they decided to keep him.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Pay advancement and expensive health care
Customer focused
QA lead (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, OR 9707012 November 2017
At Flir Systems we make products that help keep people safe,save money, save lives and see the world in a new way.
Management treats employee's well and we have good benefits.
Pros
good communication between management and staff
Cons
very hard to get additional head counts for changing work load
Safe and Relaxed
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, OR6 November 2017
Work there was well balanced and the people were very nice. It was a contract position for me so I didn't have all the benefits but full time employees do get well compensated. It's mostly military contracts so it's steady and not super high-paced.
Poor Management
Senior Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Niceville, FL5 November 2017
Just not appreciated as a engineer, no respect no help management was disconnected not involved. High stress constantly harassed by upper management.

The technology was great but after 10 years couldn't take the demeaning attitude.
Pros
Excilent technology.
Cons
Managment
Great company
Electro-Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MD23 October 2017
I loved the company and what they built and stood for. I also loved my co-workers and the experience I gained working for Flir. My only complaint would be that the management was not very good and could have used improvement.
Great place to start but not to grow
Quality Control Team Leader/Cal Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NH10 October 2017
Typical 8 hour day job. Normally busy, even on slow days. Great managers but poor management overall. I gained a lot of experience thank to my managers and peers but unfortunately I don't see myself growing within the company any time soon.
Pros
good environment, a lot to learn
Cons
very little room for growth in both beneficially and financially
My review summary
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  AZ2 October 2017
There is not enough engineers for the tasks they perform. It is difficult to become a permanent employee, they love handing out some contracting gigs and very rarely promote to full-time
Multinacional líder en su sector
BDM (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD28 September 2017
Ambiente multi-cultural y multi-lenguajes.
Todos los empleados tienen un gran sentido de la responsabilidad y de la ética profesional.
Pros
Multinacional.
Cons
progresión profesional lenta.
it was a good antill plant had to relocate
Maintenance Technician/Assembly (Current Employee) –  Ellaville, GA24 September 2017
again good job good people to work for flir systems was good to me plant relocated now I have no job. That is all I have to say. we worked as a team to find any defects in the product and we were good at it.
Okay place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MD12 September 2017
Pay and benefits are decent. 4 weeks of vacation/sick leave/PTO per year. Management is disorganized. Culture is terrible. Good employee discounts.
Pros
Free coffee, employee luncheons, annual bonus
Cons
Culture is terrible.
Flir security Cameras
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC7 September 2017
Good products
The range of product they have goes from baby monitoring to building security surveillance.
They had their call center contract out in Chilliwack BC Canada to a place called Stream. Stream merged with American company called Convergys and FLIR had to take their support line to offshore.
Pros
FLIR products fun to work with
Cons
Convergys very though work environement.
Held responsible for your knowledge
MSC Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  El Centro, CA15 August 2017
The work environment is great and requires a lot of individual time management. Overall, the responsibilities of the position keeps you involved with the client in a professional manner.
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MA6 August 2017
Friendly environment, co-workers are great, management very knowledgeable, awesome facility, competitive pay and benefits.
Probably the biggest draw back is most people perform multiple roles which can hinder the ability to get work done in a timely manner. This can be detrimental in a "time to market" type environment.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, not micro managed
Cons
advancement tough
Great company, hard to go anywhere even though there are extreme amounts of travel
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Remote3 August 2017
I loved working for FLIR, it is a unique product, versatile company, and loved showing it off. The balance of changes and expectations was hard and stressful to meet. I traveled and worked long hours for inadequate pay. Great benefits and insurance, was able to experience new places. Wonderful people, but expectations and promises were not met like originally talked about and planned on.
Pros
Company car, credit card, computer, phone, etc...
Cons
Long hours, little room to move up, always changing procedures and info last minute.
Great products. Management needs an upgrade.
Administration (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR27 June 2017
FLIR (Forward looking infra-red) products are leaders in their field. Management is still fishing to find the right product strategy that resonates with end users. Most successful means of growth has been by acquisition.
Pros
Products are very cool
Cons
Management.
Great place to work I plan on retiring here.
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OK24 June 2017
Not Leaving Flir only looking for part time job.
Pay is fair and hours are flexible.
Management is understanding and gives me the tools I need to succed at my job.
Very organized - good product
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, OR20 June 2017
Fliir is a great place to work. They are well organized and the staff is extremely capable. The product line is fantastic. It's a large company that takes great care in their staff.
Pros
Great location, large company, stable.
Great Place to work
Optical Coating Tech. (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, OR13 June 2017
Loved FLIR Systems. and working in clean rooms. rand the chambers, cleaned ion guns, and sandblasted chambers. kept up with scanning samples from chamber runs, and logging the info. Management was great, wish I didn't have to move away. The only hard part for me was learning the technology in depth, but very interested and always willing to learn more. Vacuum Chambers and coating is something Id love to do for years to come. Just being in that environment gives me a great feeling. Working with the chambers, and all the materials and precious mettles is great too.
I would still be working there if their department didn't get shipped off to another state. Loved the people, the environment, the company, and the job benefits were very good.
Pros
Wonderfuul company
Cons
Nothing at all
Great Company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  UK, Europe28 May 2017
A great environment and team work with an open and willingness to listen to ideas.
Was able to bring my own ideas to the role and implement them.
Being successful based on the development of my ideas, plans and strategies.
The hardest part was working in an American business culture of its always about the numbers.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Hours
Good place to work, but slow advancement
Manufacturing\Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OK14 May 2017
FLIR is a good stable place to work, but is slow to recognize accomplishments and reward them with promotions. They have good benefits, but a little low on salary.
Pros
Free soda
Cons
slow advancement