FLIR Systems Employee Reviews

Friendly, and constructive work environment
Web Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON6 July 2015
At Flir Systems a typical day starts off with organizing and getting prepared to deal with clients from all around North America.

I've learned alot at Flir including sales techniques, communication skills, time management, research analysis, problem solving skills, mathematical skills, listening skills and overall interpersonal skills.

I've made great connections with co workers overtime and it has helped me progress within the workplace. I've learned that building strong networks is the most business minded attribute to have in order to build success.

The most difficult part of the job can be dealing with the high volume of calls and dealing with irate customers on a regular basis. However, if I feel that I have great patience and customer service skills which helps me with tough clients.

The most enjoyable part of my job is that it's pretty easy going and everybody is very welcoming. During meetings our input and considerations are also taken seriously which is always motivating.
Finally, a decent place to work!
Administration (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville Oregon19 June 2015
I have worked at a number of high-tech companies in the Portland area. Most of them have a lot of finance/cash issues, burnout, lay offs and the like. FLIR is a very financially sound stable company that has been around since the 1970's. It has very ethical leadership and the tenure of employees is very long. They rarely lay people off and most employee have good work/life balance with 8-5 schedules. The people are professional and friendly. The building itself is a bit dated and it would be nice to go through a remodel at some point. Everything else is good. I feel lucky to work here!
professional and fun place to work, very nice people to associate with
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MA2 June 2015
I really enjoyed working with FLIR. They were very professional and were very helpful when needed assistance. I was able to take professional courses when the classes became available to help with performing my job duties with more expertise. My co-workers were an exceptional group of people. One of the first people I met there I am still very close to. I really enjoyed my hours.
State of the Art Products, Great Staff, Gernerous Benefits
Supplier Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MA18 May 2015
The culture is a team approach to accomplishing the daily goals communicated each morning and resolving each challenge that arises together. Some days can be very difficult working through development issues with fast approaching deadlines. The most enjoyable aspect is being part of a new product launch, meeting delivery goals and exceeding customer expectations.
Pros
Great Employees, Abundant Technical Expertise, Gernerous Benefits
Cons
Staffed Lean
Excellent culture
Trade Show and Events Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NH5 May 2015
FLIR Systems has a wonderful culture. Their products are innovative and exciting as well. I am proud to be an employee of this fine company.
Flir
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Portland, Oregon30 April 2015
An okay place to work. It has a generous time-off program and can be flexible. It is a great place to develop. A typical day is getting in at 8:00 and working until 5:00. The management team is very good and accessible.
An interesting company to work for with a great product line. The personnel is very knowledgeable and fun to work with
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Elkridge, MD20 April 2015
A typical day at work includes inspecting harnesses, sub-assemblies, and final products. I input information into the share point system on bad customer parts to be returned. I maintain quality records and deliver tools that needs to be sent out for calibration.
Pros
Very intelligent workforce
Cons
I do not have any
Excellent Work Environment
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Goleta, CA2 February 2015
FLIR has a dedicated workforce of people who are devoted to their jobs and enjoy working with each other. The atmosphere is casual but professional.
Pros
Excellent Benefits and small-company feel
Cons
cramped facilities and high cost of living in Santa Barbara
Good Company
Accounts Payable and Receivables (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, OR29 January 2015
they make very good products.
I don't have any further remarks about this company
Pros
free lunch at quarter end
Cons
don't pay their employees fairly
Experience with security camera server
Analyst-Programmer (Former Employee) –  Madrid22 January 2015
To give continuity to the Nexus Server software in charge of the security cameras Flir management. This software is written in C++ and runs on multiple platforms (ARMv5, Intel, PPC, Linux, Windows, Windows CE).
In the last two months the tasks were changed for developing a continuous integration with Python, Django and Mysql.
Pros
Worked as a contractor, Linux programming
Cons
We could have dedicated more time for creating a better software architecture
Good Place to Work with great benefits.
Inside/Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  CA28 October 2014
FLIR Systems is a great company to work for, and a solid company with a family attitude.
Pros
Strong Company
Experienced Sales Leader and Busines Development Professional
Director Business Development Americas & Support (Former Employee) –  Elkridge, MD6 October 2014
An accomplished Sales Leader with 23 years experience winning new business, developing world-class sales teams, leading sales and support teams in matrixed organizations promoting teamwork and fostering collaboration. Effectively developed go-to-market strategies and new product development.
laidoff
Electrical Technician (Former Employee) –  Ellaville, GA22 September 2014
small town minded men . nowhere to advance. I don't have anything else to say .laidoff
poor management
engineer (Former Employee) –  ca25 August 2014
Use you for your knowledge then get rid of you. Poor management, reviews based on if you are in the inner circle not what you accomplished.
Great Place to Work
Receptionist/Admin (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville Oregon18 June 2014
Great comany to work for. I enjoyed meeting people from all over the world and the exposure to the high tech industry.
Pros
Wellness program, generous PTO, free parking
Cons
Little chance for upward mobility
wanna feel worthless then work here
production (Former Employee) –  stillwater ok15 May 2014
You will be hired and trained. They will tell you that advancement is possible but that's a lie. You will work yourself to death abd they will ask for more from you. Nothing is good enough . You will be set up to fail and then they will get rid of you . Your voice will never be heard until its too late to stop a potential problem .
Pros
you save lives
Cons
long hours poor managment
Work enviornment
Consumables Technitian (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OK30 April 2014
The work environment is extremely stressful and intense. Poor management makes other workers unhappy. The overall goals of the company is to save lives but the goals set for the employees are impossible to meet.Then management gets upset for goals not being met. it is impossible to please anyone. Employees feel greatly under appreciated and feel that they will be let go at a moments notice.
great company
Marketing Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON22 April 2014
excellent quality products backed by amazing people. benefits are good and employees are treated well.
Wonderful firm in Infrared Sensing Industry with focus on employees
Applications Engineer - Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CA26 March 2014
A great place to grow and develop in the direction that interests you. Management wanted you to move up and it always felt like a team effort where everyone was willing to help out when problems arose. Great culture where outside activities were encouraged and regularly had many co-workers participating. Highly recommend.
Pros
Bagel Friday, Great benefits, competitive pay
Engineer Technician
NPI Optical Technician IV (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville Oregon26 March 2014
At FLIR Systems I am the POC regarding technical support for manufacturing needs. I incorporate technical writting, manufacturing assembly , and engineering like troubleshooting for products. I am a optical technician that has been involved with new products introduction and creating a product that is manufacturable. In the environment that I work in, my peers are comfortable to ask for assistence as they feel that I am open to helping without harsh critiscism. Management at FLIR is also responsive in positive means of incorporating changes learned from school and continuously adapting and improving communciations and applications within the manufacturing aspects. The most enjoyable part of my day is when I am able to make a differences with the product and able to trouble shoot to meet manufacturing demands and schedules.