Flourish Australia Employee Reviews

3.4Pay & Benefits
3.3Job Security & Advancement
Okay ish
Administration (Former Employee) –  Seven Hills NSW17 July 2019
The workers are all budgets, they sit around doing nothing but just chit chat until it's home time. They're a bunch of lying, fake snakes. Management is okay but even then they're all pretty annoying. The team is a young bunch so it's either they don't care and are not passionate or something has gone wrong for them to not be motivated.
Pros
Na
Cons
Short lunch time, being monitored
Very good employer
Speaker and featured in 'panorama' magazine (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 June 2019
I've worked for Flourish as a speaker and have also been featured in the 2019 march quarterly issue of their magazine 'panorama'. As a speaker I was able to share my stories and journey with mental health which was such an honour. I was featured in the magazine to showcase Flourish as an inclusive and kind company. My experience working for Flourish although short, has been a rewarding endeavour and I look forward to any further pursuits with them.
Pros
Free lunch and beverages, kind and courteous staff, good pay
Has great employee work ethic and team work
Peer Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Newcastle NSW25 May 2019
A typical day revolves around being able to be flexible with time management for all those that you would need ot support, patience with traffic and those that you supports tendancy to cancel appointments last minute, a real enjoyment out of helping those that we support in their daily life and a willingness to make connections with those you meet.
Pros
Friendly & supportive environment
Cons
repetitive driving & hard to find parks
Excellent Organisation.
Art Facilitator/Art Teacher (Former Employee) –  Penrith NSW20 May 2019
This organisation creates programmes to support people with mental illness.I conducted and set up Art classes for people with mental health. An excellent organisation with a sense social caring.
Pros
AN excellent oraganisation which encourages social enterprises.
Cons
short hours
Terrible work ethics and mungrel management bullying and poor treatment with no support
Mental Health Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Tumut NSW12 April 2019
Worst hypocritical work ethics. Advocates for mental health support but when I experienced my own mental health problems triggered by an incident at work, I was terminated whilst on sick leave with a medical certificate. No phone call or face to face, they sent a letter of termination to my home in the post. During my time there I complained about a coworker bullying and undermining me in front of clients and also disrespecting and badly treating clients with mental health problems. The manager told me on three occasions that he would speak to her, yet her behaviour continued and she was commended on her treatment of the clients. Her behaviour added to my own health and stress within this work place. I would never recommend this place as a healthy positive environment to work with. Their treatment of my situation was disgusting, negligible and they are not to be trusted in anyway.
Pros
Cons
Everything but the poor management and staff treatment
overall very rewarding job
Mental Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Seven Hills NSW24 September 2017
It is great working at Flourish as the overall environment is very friendly and positive, the management is very understanding and respecting. The work it self is very rewarding.
Pros
flexible
Cons
afternoon shifts
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Work Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Tumut NSW27 June 2017
Flourish Australia is an outstanding company helping people who really need their help. They are dedicated to really helping the people they support to achieve their goals no matter how small they may think they are.
An interesting and compassionate place to work
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Redfern NSW21 October 2016
No two days are the same at Flourish, Surry Hills (an activity centre for people with mental health conditions) which makes it really interesting. Many members come in for activities during the day so there's always someone to say hello to and see how they are. Anything can happen during the day and I need to be flexible to allow for those changes. Management is excellent, as well as co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing our members smile.